BBC Wales today

clairey_faerie said:
I'm not saying people won't travel, as I obviously do and that would just be silly ;)

just saying it does make it more difficult and expensive to travel down to a match - perhaps if more people did become interested from other areas we could all join together to travel. I'd love the sport to be acknowledged in more than just cardiff - my friends would actually know what I'm talking about for a great deal of time.

I only travel from the valleys and people who work with me (in Cardiff) think that Ice hockey is a joke and that all it is, is blokes skating round knocking seven bells out of each other you try to explain but it falls on deaf ears.

nicky27

In reply to posting about lack of communication about CDSL event last night, may I just point out, as a CDSL representative that we posted on front page of website, the inferno and also in programme on weekend on our intentions to hold a competition at the game last night. Where else would people like to see further information about events?

nicky27 said:
In reply to posting about lack of communication about CDSL event last night, may I just point out, as a CDSL representative that we posted on front page of website, the inferno and also in programme on weekend on our intentions to hold a competition at the game last night. Where else would people like to see further information about events?
Could you project it on to the moon next time? ;)

I'd say the lack of dressing up was probably more down to it being a Wednesday game than it not being advertised anywhere>

James

Administrator
I don't think fancy dress at the rink is ever going to be successful. I'm usually the first one in fancy dress but never feel like standing around next to the ice in it.

Fubar

James said:
I don't think fancy dress at the rink is ever going to be successful. I'm usually the first one in fancy dress but never feel like standing around next to the ice in it.
successful for who? its aimed at the kids mainly (being family orientated)..and kids love to dress up. run a fancy dress competition every other week and you will see more and more kids dressing up each week. It was great to see positive comments from Brent and Paul S and hopefully CDSL will run another fancy dress event soon...perhaps having the kids dress up as their favourite player?? OMG :shock: 30 -40 kids dressed as Brad Voth!!!! :lol:

Wannabe2 said:
RichardR said:
Another nice bit of coverage at lunchtime today
And more to come tonight, hopefully on both sides.
Wannabe2, I assume you work for the BBC so maybe you could answer the following question. After years of snubbing ice hockey, why is it only now that the BBC has started to take interest? What has changed?

Koop11

El Supremo said:
Wannabe2 said:
RichardR said:
Wannabe2, I assume you work for the BBC so maybe you could answer the following question. After years of snubbing ice hockey, why is it only now that the BBC has started to take interest? What has changed?
Glyn has got nastier and more persistent in his old age.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #32
El Supremo said:
Wannabe2 said:
RichardR said:
Its true i did work for the Beeb for 24yrs as staff, and now freelance, its a difficult question and one i need to be careful how i answer ;)
Firstly the Beeb do a first class job of covering Non Minority sports, but they have really lacked giving enough exposure to Minority sports, and although it hurts me to say this that is what our great sport is at the moment, and TV should take blame for that along with others. We had a really great Ally in Bob Humphreys who helped our club big time, just as Terry Phillips does now with the Echo, when we unfortuately lost Bob we also lost a Devils fan, but now we have another
person who is very helpful to our cause. What makes it a lot easier to get on the box, when you arent a Rugby team, or a Football team is if you are winning, like a lot of fickle fans, they are more likely to want to know. We have a pretty good momentum going at the moment, and we need to keep that momentum ticking over, and that is exactly what we hope to achieve. If i have been a bit naive in my answers i apologise for that, but we now need to build on what we have and try to make more people aware of this great sport, after all its the missing fans that are losing out, and not those of us who are there.

Russky

Just watched the minimal highlights of last nights game on wales today.! Not much but better than nothing!! They showed Brads goal and also the winning goal from Jay.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #36
Minimal sports time on a Thurs as well mate, dont forget firstly if its in your face dont matter for how long its there, and secondly a lot of littles make one big BIG. To be honest i-2 mins primetime on the beeb, is not a bad take at the end of the day. We wont get the coverage we had last night for awhile but then again not many smaller sports will. Also this was shown twice today so double the take mate. ;)