Battle of the tough guys

CardiffdevilsCaswell said:
Heres a cool clip of our new boy Justin Sawyer throwing hammers with Dundee's Steve Makway.

Cant wait for a rematch at the big blue tent.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwkmyyWG ... re=related
Your more likely to see Sean McMorrow or Matt Suderman fighting Justin Sawyer... As Steve Makway will be one of the Star's best players next season and with three other fighters including Mark Nebus in the Stars line up, I can see Dan Ceman wanting Steve Makway on the ice and not in the penalty box...

Sawyer has all these tough guys who are playing in the EIHL this season, C.Bernier x 4, B.Stayzer, A.Penner and Steve Makway and done fine in most of them.. But it will be interesting to see how he does against Mike Hoffman or Sean McMorrow, as Stayzer record against top guys is not so good.. He has big loses to Brett Angel, Jason Goulet and Brett Henley, who are big decent fighters but none are Mike Hoffman who's a step up again....... :)

Wannabe2

But Sawyer is a Devils now, which means he is 2ft taller, 30 ilbs heavier, and could punch a hole thru a English Oak. Justin will do us Devils fans just Dandy.

The Battle has started already in the charity shield game....jeff smith vs jon gleed this is the review from dropyourgloves.com....

John Gleed levels one of the Blaze players against the boards and Jeff Smith drops his gloves and skates in on Gleed. Smith lands a few punches before Gleed gets the gloves off and they tied up. Both then threw a few more each with Smith landing a couple before they wrestled and went to the ice.

Smith got the jump on Gleed and Gleed seemed happy enough to hold on. Smith lands more before they went to the ice so a win for Smith.

Narrow win Smith.

Yes Smith came in after a good hit by Gleed flattened a Blaze player... Smith landed a few before Gleed got the gloves off. After that it was mostly grappling... Gleed and Shanker had a few words in the 3rd as well, after Shanker was throwing himself about.... Really looking forward till Hoffman's in the team..

Sliput

It was a fairly decent tussle and i understand Smith was looking out for his teamates but he served 2+5+10...thats nearly a whole period.

Cruickshank took a couple of dumb penalties tonight aswell.

Was VERY impressed with Belfast, boy are they going to be hard to beat (And they were missing two imports :eek: )

ASHIPP

Wannabe2 said:
Giants win the charity cup v Blaze 4-2
This match may have been regarded as a pre-season 'warm-up' by some fans...but definitely NOT by the teams concerned! If Giants, minus two imports, can beat the Blaze, last year's Champions, after only a short time together perhaps this is an indication of the season Belfast are going to produce. :shock: :shock:

Wannabe2

ASHIPP said:
Wannabe2 said:
Giants win the charity cup v Blaze 4-2
This match may have been regarded as a pre-season 'warm-up' by some fans...but definitely NOT by the teams concerned! If Giants, minus two imports, can beat the Blaze, last year's Champions, after only a short time together perhaps this is an indication of the season Belfast are going to produce. :shock: :shock:
Or even an indication that the Blaze are not gonna produce , depends on which way you look at it. ;)

I would not read to much into last nights game....

Yes both teams played at a decent pace, but neither team were anything like what they should be in a few weeks time after the players have got to know one another styles of play, and the way the coaches want them to play for the team... Blaze had some very good players on show. The net minder looked solid, Brad Zanon looks a class act on D, Fulhgram as usual played well, and Smith looked good for such a big guy... Blaze were also testing their lines and had a 22 man roster including Brits, so by the time the season gets going I expect them to be very good as they always are...

Giants did look good for a team that's only iced once.. and there was some great individuals last night that showed they are top class players.. If Christiansen gets them gelling as a team then, I agree we will be hard to stop....

Yes, and it was good quality picture but expensive at £8.... I needed a hockey fix for I thought may as well get it... Had it been cheaper say a fiver I might of brought a few Blaze games against the likes of Dundee, Cardiff, Nottingham as well next season, but at £8 I think I will only get the Giants away games...

Cov probably sat back thinking they were in for an easy ride and by the time they realised they werent, Giants had already spanked them beyond catch up! haha!

I reckon Giants have everything in the bag this year.. With Devils and Cov a close/joint second, Nottingham giving it all they got and Shuff bringing up the rear... of the whole league :lol: :lol:

Aw, I shouldnt laugh really should I. Their situation is unfortunate and neither the team or the fans fault.

I'll still have a smirk though. :twisted:

Sheffield have a quality roster and It would not surprise me if they done well this season.... They also have an import spot free, which coach Simon said he will fill when the right player comes along...

ASHIPP

oneill said:
Sheffield have a quality roster and It would not surprise me if they done well this season.... They also have an import spot free, which coach Simon said he will fill when the right player comes along...
Now that Steelers seem to be more or less back on track, their roster has stuck together. Fair play to them - and their defence in particular looks strong. If Tait repeats what he is done in the past and Legue his usual sublime self the Steelers could well be battling for the top 3 place later on.
Pity the Devils first league match against them is an away game! ;)