Battle for 5th Place. Who do you want Cardiff to play?

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1
Things are swinging back and forth at the moment, at the moment we will be facing the Blaze, hopefully that will be the end result, we can take a big crowd to Coventry to cheer on the lads. Blaze would be my opponents to be honest. Who would be yours.

Re: Come on you Blaze

Blaze, purely because I will be able to see both legs of the game. I don't think there will be much difference between either teams in terms of the challenge they pose.

DevilDom

I'd prefer the Blaze too.

I think Braehead are a team who on their day are better than Blaze on their day for one. Then as you say travelling would less allowing us to take a good crowd to their place and avoids the team having to travel to Scotland again.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #4

DevilDom said:
I'd prefer the Blaze too.

I think Braehead are a team who on their day are better than Blaze on their day for one. Then as you say travelling would less allowing us to take a good crowd to their place and avoids the team having to travel to Scotland again.
Spot on.

Well Blaze for the rivalry and potential to take good numbers for the away leg, but saying that Blaze are hitting form at the right time.

I would feel more comfortable playing Clan but don't think we need to fear Blaze. If we are going to get to The Playoffs then we must play / beat whoever.

;)

Earnie

CLAN at their best can be snipers and dangerous. Blaze , currently on form, are in my view formidable - but so are we - and thus more evenly matched.

Travel does count and we have no-one closer than Coventry so we can send a big crowd uo there.

Koop11

I honestly don’t fear either team over two legs. Whilst things are evenly split in terms of league points with Braehead, we have picked up more points (OTs) and have played the better hockey over those periods.

Coventry are hitting form now and will certainly want playoff success more than many with the difficult season they have experienced but I think we have enough to overcome them.

From a marketing point of view, one of our biggest rivals over two legs, playing them 4 times in 2 weeks (last two league games of the season also) with big local crowds is something we’d all prefer.

If we do end up playing against the blaze in the Playoffs, we would look to run a bus up there. We will take bookings provisionally tomorrow night. We would require a £10 deposit. If we do end up playing the blaze then there will be no refunds. If we end up playing Braehead we will happily refund you the difference.

If you are interested in going to the Blaze for the playoff game please drop myself a PM on here.

Thanks, Luke from the Red Army Away Travel.

Skippy

I'd Prefer that we played the Blaze as its easier / Cheaper to get too :)

In terms of chances of winning I can see threats from both teams, but I'd rather not see us go out under a torrent of Jade Galbraith goals.

drainage

Coventry better for most I suspect ...... especially as we dont know if its going to be midweek or weekend game ?

Luke - yes me and Sam will be up for Coventry have to see dates if its not them!

I much preferred it as it was!

A Devils v Blaze game would be fiesty, hard fought, and probably best for both sets of supporters so let's hope we get what we want.

If I'm reading the table correctly (and assuming number of regulation wins is still used as the tie breaker)...the only way we would play the Clan now is:

- If Braehead beat both Stingrays at home and Steelers away
- We beat the Blaze home and away in regulation time

Otherwise we'll be playing the Blaze?

In answer to the question...I would have loved another Scotland trip, but given that the first leg will be on a Tuesday, we won't have many away supporters.

So I think playing the Blaze would now be my preference too for all the reasons already stated.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #17
A#45 said:
I much preferred it as it was!

A Devils v Blaze game would be fiesty, hard fought, and probably best for both sets of supporters so let's hope we get what we want.
Thank you.

As a Braehead fan I want to finish 5th, but at the same time would prefer we played Nottingham for revenge at putting us out last year in the playoff quarters and this years challenge cup semifinal
And I want both Braehead and Cardiff at the playoffs. As good friends in both camps.

I'd like to see both Clan and Devils at the finals weekend too. You guys have an awesome set of supporters. Could you imagine the noise that would come out of the red and purple armies?!