Ball hockey

dave

Franny has just come back from playing for GB masters, yes. Look out soon for an open session run by GB ball hockey at IAW with Franny involved aimed at getting more people involved in the sport.

Kevlar68

Yeah, I meant field hockey. Confusing eh!
So it's field hockey indoors with ice hockey rules & regulations and with violence? That's if no skates involved.

Last edited:

dave

Ice hockey sticks rules etc. But no skates of any type. Run in trainers. Only kit required in games is helmet, gloves and good set of shiny pads. Use a rubber type ball instead of puck.

Kevlar68

Right OK. But I don't get the gloves helmet requirement.
Field hockey uses a solid ball, wooden solid sticks but no helmet or gloves.
I can understand with a puck as I've been hit by one without padding on just knocking around, hurts like fek.
Like the idea though , I just don't get the helmet/gloves thing or is that just to set itself aside from indoor hockey.

I can understand with a puck as I've been hit by one without padding on just knocking around, hurts like fek.
Like the idea though , I just don't get the helmet/gloves thing or is that just to set itself aside from indoor hockey.
you'll defo need a helmet especially when you’re in front of a Franny slapshot!

Thread starter #13
You can still get boarded and slashed !

But generally speaking. When you're hit with a ball, it stings, then leaves an amazing bruise

Thread starter #15
So - ball hockey is ice/roller hockey on foot. All the same equipment is used. We use a plastic low bounce ball. 99 percent of the rules are the same.
There are 3 teams at present in Wales

Aberdare Skiprats
Cardiff Bay Thunder
Carmarthen Ravens

Feel free to pop me a message - or find your nearest Club on social media.

You'll find them all very accommodating and spare kit is usually available

dave

Yes, saturdays is on pad two. and Cardiff thunder play on the roller rink at house of sport and the Aberdare SkipRats in a sports hall . Carmarthen is also a sports hall