Bad Ice (again)

Thread starter #1
I thought the condition of the Ice Last night was aweful and Finnerty has tweeted this morning "I wish Plannet Ice took more pride in their product.Players and fans get cheated out of what should be a good game".
I hope this is not a sign of things to come with Plannet Ice making things as uncomfortable for the Devils as they can.Surley their product has to be fit for purpose?

there was a problem with the plant so it was down to 50% capability with the warm weather it was never going to be great ice hopefully they should have it fixed by next week.

The ice has never been good in the tent, I was wondering why the zamboni went round twice every time it came out, Maybe there just making do as the ice has not been painted with new sponsors for this season neither, Maybe we should judge after next weekend ..... :?

Thread starter #6
It wasn't that warm yesterday,and as for the plant being 50% down thats a disgrace,dont they maintain it or just react when things go wrong?Lets hope they get it sorted out.No point in relaying the Ice if the plant is not working as it should.

A

Anonymous

It wasn't that warm yesterday
When we were walking around the food festival down the bay, it was VERY warm !! We all have sun tans, and I'm as red as the new jersey!!
:oops:

Kipper

One of the transducers went down on Saturday so they were working on half power.The part is coming from Italy and will be fixed in good time for next weekend's games. I think the ice painting/relaying is being done w/c 12th Sept.

The rink staff worked hard over the weekend but they couldn't do much without the spare part.Just one of those things I guess

Slartibartfast

The puck has been disappearing down a slope on the boards for months.Its damn annoying trying to dig it out when you are playing. There are also frequently gaps that a skate could lodge in. Its nothing short of appalling.

I have played in many rinks in the country and I don't see these problems anywhere else.

Kipper said:
One of the transducers went down on Saturday so they were working on half power.The part is coming from Italy and will be fixed in good time for next weekend's games. I think the ice painting/relaying is being done w/c 12th Sept.

The rink staff worked hard over the weekend but they couldn't do much without the spare part.Just one of those things I guess
Planet ice seem to have a lot of 'just one of those things' days. Spares and preventetive maintenance is needed not a shoestring ice rink

TheStub

Out of interest, which transducer failed?

On a compressor I would have expected pressure, temperature and maybe some PDs to indicate running. I'd be shocked if Newy, RS or Farnell couldn't next day compatible parts.

Maybe they could be faster at parts. But it went down late Saturday night from what I was told, nowhere open that time of night plus it's a bank holiday weekend. They did there best under the circumstances.

D

Deleted member 1337

i've seen loads of sticks being stuck in the sides and once the zamboni put so much water on the ice the puck stoped mid ice !!