Away players introduction

Thread starter #1
I'm fairly new to watching hockey so I'm wondering have the Devils ever done this on their match nights?

Watching Belfast and Fife do it to our boys this weekend feels very respectful and "classy" a term which I see associated with this organisation a lot.

Hope this gets added as part of the match night regime from next season! I can't think why it wouldn't be a good thing.

We always used to. Can't remember exactly when it stopped but I think at the time people said it was because we had been warned about our intro taking too long and the games not facing off on time.

Ocko

We used to do it but I believe it made our face offs late all the time. Not just that obviously but a long intro and home introductions meant something had to be cut.

Personally I'm not a fan of the way we introduce players to the blue line, feels very drawn out. I prefer the names called as they skate onto the ice, or ala the NHL; just starting line ups.

There was a point where the away team roster was announced after warmup while the Zamboni was doing the ice but I personally wouldn't want it done for both teams on the ice, that whole segment is long enough as it is.

In the new rink I would like to see them announce the team one by one onto the ice, or at least try it to see if it works for us

Thread starter #7
Apologies, I meant just players on game sheet read out during warm up\ice cleaning. Not an actual intro like our players have! That would be madness haha

James

Administrator
I think the reason we have our players introduced the way we do is to give time for the lights to warm up. It's always possible this might change in the new rink I guess/

Ocko

Ben said:
Apologies, I meant just players on game sheet read out during warm up\ice cleaning. Not an actual intro like our players have! That would be madness haha
Might be madness now, but that used to actually be done!

I used to love the away player introductions in the old days. Gave the fans an opportunity to boo/cheer an individual - and only took about 30-40 seconds to go through.

The boo'ing of a player made the game a bit more edgy and set the atmosphere. Remember boo'ing Steve Nell a few times following his antics with Lawless!

Not a fan of the current away team intro or lack of - it's boring.