Attention Attention all Devils fans

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1
Your club needs you, yes you. Tommorow from 8am onwards till whenever, your club requests your personnel attendance to help with the painting of the ice, as only Devils fans can.If you can spare any time tommorow to help give the guys a hand it would be of enormous help. So come on all you wonderful people lets do it. Just think on game night you can say that bit in the corner was superbly painted by yours truelly.

Sheincar

To be honest that's how I feel this year.Should have given people much more notice especially if expecting them to take time off work.

puck

phil PLT said:
NOISYGIRL said:
Its a bit short notice
Lot's of things seem to be of short notice this season :oops:
I was thinking that, and also what happened to this supposed re-arranged meet the players that they promised? If they had no ice time for training this week would it have killed them to arrange a little meet and greet with the players instead?

puck said:
phil PLT said:
NOISYGIRL said:
Its a bit short notice
I was thinking that, and also what happened to this supposed re-arranged meet the players that they promised? If they had no ice time for training this week would it have killed them to arrange a little meet and greet with the players instead?

The date they actually confirmed the ice painting admittedly is short notice but it was announced that the rink would be closed for 'maintenance' back on 26th August.

Wasn't the skate with the players after the Coventry game small make up gesture for the cancellation of the meet the players?

And if the Devils have had to train at another ice rink miles away, I don't think a meet the player’s event would be advisable until everyone is settled.

wildthing74

phil PLT said:
NOISYGIRL said:
Its a bit short notice
This from the so called"classiest organisation in the league"that some of our fans spout off about.
I agree it's pretty bad.I think its cheap labour anyway on the part of the club and have always thought that.I can see why fans would want to get involved to feel they are helping the club in some small way but surely the club should not rely on people dropping their commitments at such short notice.

TheStub

How quick we are to criticise. Yes, these seem to be a bit at short notice (well, I would only probably argue that for the ice painting) - but we don't know what the conditions surrounding that are. That isn't a "I know something you don't" statement.

We have gone from strength to strength under the new management, and everything is a step in the right direction. But remember that they are learning. Perhaps they have raised our expectations higher than they used to be, but I have no doubt that they are striving to meet these.

Let them know directly (the contact details are on the website) if you don't like what they are doing, or how they operate. I'm sure they would welcome constructive comments.

Lot's of things seem to be of short notice this season :oops:[/quote]

I was thinking that, and also what happened to this supposed re-arranged meet the players that they promised? If they had no ice time for training this week would it have killed them to arrange a little meet and greet with the players instead?[/quote]

The date they actually confirmed the ice painting admittedly is short notice but it was announced that the rink would be closed for 'maintenance' back on 26th August.
Wasn't the skate with the players after the Coventry game small make up gesture for the cancellation of the meet the players?

And if the Devils have had to train at another ice rink miles away, I don't think a meet the player’s event would be advisable until everyone is settled.[/quote]

That might well be, but I need to know WHAT day in advance to book leave from work, most places need some sort of notice. I'm just a bit disappointed as I would've liked to help and have wanted to for the last few years but its always the same, a little short notice.

I can't say to my boss, oh I want a day off next week, maybe tue, poss wed dunno really I'm not sure !

God you can't say anything on here without someone jumping on you shouting you down (not aimed at you specifically) just seems in general.

At this rate it will be like the other forum, people will be too scared to say anything, for the thought of being repremanded by the chosen few

Chris

Administrator
I'm guessing your comments are the ones in green?

I'd hardly say Sticktape22's comments were "shouting you down", i'd say there's really not very many instances of that at all.

I'm not really sure what/who you consider to be the "chosen few", other than the mods who get to do the work behind the scenes, I really can't see any "chosen few" members.

I think we're about as far away from the old EIHL forums as is possible to be honest.

Chris.

Chris said:
I'm guessing your comments are the ones in green?

I'd hardly say Sticktape22's comments were "shouting you down", i'd say there's really not very many instances of that at all.

I'm not really sure what/who you consider to be the "chosen few", other than the mods who get to do the work behind the scenes, I really can't see any "chosen few" members.

I think we're about as far away from the old EIHL forums as is possible to be honest.

Chris.
Yes my comments in green, I did say not aimed at that person in particular, there have been other posts on other threads lately where I've thought, is there any need of that, the person is only saying their opinion. Just MY thoughts of course. Not to worry ho hum, maybe I should count to 10 and ignore it all, HAPPY DAYS :D

Finny

People need to remember that if they cricitise the club, there is likely to be someone who is going to stick up for the club - and in doing so may well criticise the initial poster.

Finny said:
People need to remember that if they cricitise the club, there is likely to be someone who is going to stick up for the club - and in doing so may well criticise the initial poster.
And you can wind your neck in :lol: ha ha, sorry personal attack :eek:

Perhaps I should lighten up :cool:

Surely...if you have time,go and help.....if you dont have the time , dont.

I know this a very simplistic view but its reality,if the club do not have enough volunteers they will have to put in extra work themselves....easy really.

I agree that a few things havent worked out too well in pre season and it certainly has looked like things have been changed at short notice etc. However the Ice Painting isn't an event is it? and its certainly not a way of getting cheap labour surely.
Wasnt it just something that had to get done and when the team found a window and decided to do it, they did what they normally do and gave fans the opportunity to help out if they were around.
No more or no less than that.

Hopefully some of the issues that have come up in the past few weeks will be things that the team will take on board and improve next year. This is yr 2 of a new system and its still got a way to go, but I am sure we will see many improvements throughout the year, once the season really gets going.

I admire your optimism Huskie but I'm not convinced. I think there are a lot of problems with the club, but people who shout down those detractors on here get a hard time because people here have personal friendships with club staff and realise how hard they work, even when things don't work well.

On another note - the club still seem adamant that we have a home game against Sheffield on 3rd October, when the Elite League and Sheffield Steelers both have it down as being in Sheffield on 3rd October, even announcing it at the draw for hockeyfest. Makes much more sense to be in Sheffield if the team have to be there for 12midday the next day to face Belfast. Yet the club still say they know nothing about it.

All this boils down to one thing in my book, the organisation lacks a proper leader who can make sure all the t's are crossed and i's are dotted. Get that right and everything else will fall in to place.