Are we too tough????

voth26

Thread starter #1
May be a bit of a strange question but i have just looked at the league standings and we are head and shoulders above everyone else penalty minutes wise we have 203 minutes in 6 games!!!. Closest to us is Fife on 128 same amount games played. Blaze 113 pms 6 games, giants 113pms 7 games and steelers 117pms 5 games. When Hudson was ejected the penalty count would have gone up? now thats been over turned do the league automatically reduce the players/clubs penalty minutes?

Re: Are we to tough????

It should be removed from the records. I think the fact that we've had about 14 fights so far this year and a few misconducts has pushed the pims up a bit but I'm not worried. We play physically and have a very good penalty kill. After watching Fitzy and Plank taking stupid pens costing Braehead the game the other night I'm comfortable that we are avoiding stupid pens.

Ocko

Your username is voth26 and you're asking if we are too tough? Weird.

That's an oxymoron if ever I've heard one.

Wannabe2

Are we too tough, well record attendances, people walking around smiling, best atmosphere for years, and best entertainment for eons, what do you think Mr Voth.???

Ocko

Wannabe2 said:
Are we too tough, well record attendances, people walking around smiling, best atmosphere for years, and best entertainment for eons, what do you think Mr Voth.???
Spot on Wannabe.

KaneDevils

Could the reason we have more PIMS than anyone else be down to the fact Darnell and Hicks are at the BBT more than anywhere else?

The answer to the thread title is no.

Ocko

According to the EIHL website, in competitive games we have been on the powerplay a total of 47 times and shorthanded 44 times.

The question 'are we too tough?' at the moment is complete nonsense when we aren't on the PK more than any other team. We have so far played hard but been as disciplined, if not better than any other team. We've had plenty of fighting majors but each of those have taken an opposition player with them and I wouldn't say any have been needless.

I wouldn't change a single player or dynamic about this team at the moment. This is what entertaining hockey is all about.

Ocko

Plus even if we were to be the most ill-disciplined since the London Racers it wouldn't matter against some teams such as Sheffield; a Gerad Adams coached powerplay could play 5 on 3 for a month and still not score!

Ocko said:
Plus even if we were to be the most ill-disciplined since the London Racers it wouldn't matter against some teams such as Sheffield; a Gerad Adams coached powerplay could play 5 on 3 for a month and still not score!
Except two weeks ago when they scored a couple of ppg against us

Ocko

None of their 3 goals were PPG.

Like the Devils used to be, Steelers have only scored two in 40 something attempts. For a similar amount of Powerplays we've scored a 14 I believe.

jimmy snels

Our PP and PK seem much more organised and much more likely to succeed IMHO this season. Seems to be structured and well planned out. G for all his trying couldn't manage that.

Finny

I'd like to see us be even tougher, so teams really fear coming to the BBT and in their heads are a goal or two behind before they even step out on the ice.

Temme

I've never seen a player targeted so successfully as when we went after Tendler a couple of weeks back.

He didn't know whether he was coming or going and missed a couple of good chances as a result.

It rattled the blaze, and whether the intimidation was a factor or not they crumbled in the 3rd.

jimmy snels

Finny said:
I'd like to see us be even tougher, so teams really fear coming to the BBT and in their heads are a goal or two behind before they even step out on the ice.
Yep me too. I don't mind fighting majors. Takes 1 of ours and one of theirs. I'd for example try to get keefe to fight every shift against giants. I'd like to see us use the tactics we did against tendler more often. Target the opposition star man, throw him off his game and generally wined up the entire opposition. Dougie did that to a fantastic level. I'd also like to see less stuff go unanswered. When Griffin went for cj, as soon as he came back out the bin start a bit of glove shaking and chirping and offer the protection he needs to compete with more physical players. No way frank should have been allowed to continue his slashing and elbow leading checks either. Need to get amongst it
So in a word no we are not too tough :lol:

jimmy snels

Temme said:
I've never seen a player targeted so successfully as when we went after Tendler a couple of weeks back.

He didn't know whether he was coming or going and missed a couple of good chances as a result.

It rattled the blaze, and whether the intimidation was a factor or not they crumbled in the 3rd.
And as I was writing it beaten tovthe punch :lol:

bozman

voth26 said:
May be a bit of a strange question but i have just looked at the league standings and we are head and shoulders above everyone else penalty minutes wise we have 203 minutes in 6 games!!!. Closest to us is Fife on 128 same amount games played. Blaze 113 pms 6 games, giants 113pms 7 games and steelers 117pms 5 games. When Hudson was ejected the penalty count would have gone up? now thats been over turned do the league automatically reduce the players/clubs penalty minutes?
No way we have been pushed around too often