Anyone remember 'Go Devils Go'?

Thread starter #1
I'm fundraisning for charity and someone's given me box of vinyl singles. Imagine my suprise when I found Cardiff Devils official song 'Go Devils Go' featuring the Cardif Devils from 1987, with a b side of "Devils Disco Mix"!

This is about 10 years before my Devils days, so had no idea they'd done this. I can't play it as I don't have a record player, so can't comment on the, erm, artistic quality. It does have the words on the back, maybe we could use them again as they're pretty good. My fav is:

"have got a specially-made machine
for scoring goals. His name is Lawless"

May not have made no. 1, I'm sure we could revive it though! :lol:

Thread starter #3
the placid casual said:
I have a copy of this record, just as well you don't have a record player as it is quite cringeworthy.... :lol:

Oh, OK... :? Was going to ask if anyone could put it on tape for me, but maybe not!

draig-goch said:
the placid casual said:
I have a copy of this record, just as well you don't have a record player as it is quite cringeworthy.... :lol:

Oh, OK... :? Was going to ask if anyone could put it on tape for me, but maybe not!
Hi I wasn't having a go at you or anything like, if you want to put it on tape then I can't fault you.
I'm just not a fan of the song. :)

wildthing74

Ha Ha I remember this as I had a copy too.I wouldn't waste your time getting it copied to tape or cd.
If I recall it's folk song sounding and whilst I don't recall it word for word it kind of goes along the lines of "From Russia to the U.S.A from Canada to Cardiff Bay,Go Devils Go Devils Devils away"
I don't think Robbie Williams has much to be worried about.

Chris

Administrator
Someone get us a digital copy so we can all have a listen :)

I've heard of this song before, but it's never had the (mis)fortune of hearing it...

Chris.

I got that on lovely 7" :lol: and that just as awful CD The Devils Ride by Darren De Faux and Band on the run !!! :lol: Sadly though I have now way of turning into into a digital copy :(