Any news on Lacosta

Koop11

It is desperately sad that La Costa is out injured at the moment. He was arguably our biggest signing in the Elite League era. The problem is, if it is a head injury (possibly concussion?), he is very high risk for the rest of the season. Any other position on the ice you can afford to carry players but I would suggest you cannot with a starting net minder. It will be interesting to know what an scans/diagnosis reveals but we need answers quick because if La Costa is out for more than a couple of weeks, our season could be over before its started which is a huge shame given with the team we have signed this year.

DevilDom

Welshy74 said:
Doesnt look like he will be playing the weekend and G and Franny looking at potential short term replacements
Oh bugger. :(

Not good news at all. We start the year with 11 imports a top quality nettie and a very good looking team and this just completely messes everything up. :evil:

Really hope its a precaution and LaCosta is ok as I agree with Koop - this is the one position on the roster where we simply cannot afford to carry a player. Some big decisions ahead.

Huge blow.

LaCosta's health comes first, but with a double concussion I'd imagine everyone is fearing the worst for his career. Sad stuff, hope he gets well soon.

Surely it would all depend on where they are based at the moment. If it's only for a week or two would they really fly someone in from abroad?

James said:
Would Craze be up for it. I can't see us flying someone over for a few weeks even if we could persuade them too.
Last time I heard anything about Craze he was running his own business in Northern Ireland

Finny

Unless there is someone like Craze or Clarkson who is not playing at the moment but interested in a couple of games, I would have thought our most likely target would be one of the EPL teams who have two netminders who they rotate.

I can't imagine we'd be looking at an import, unless there is someone who is signed in the CHL and would be happy to play over here until there season starts? Can't imagine we could afford that though.

D

Deleted member 1337

Stevie Lyle? Currently on a deal with Swindon EPL with Michael Crisp their other goaltender.
When playing for Basingstoke in the 12-13 he had a save percentage of .924 with GB .863 and in his last season with us (11-12) .908