Any Devils fans in Swansea?

Thread starter #1
I love the NHL and want to support the Devils more but don't know any fans as I'm from Swansea. Anyone from that side of Cardiff go regular?

voth26

Im from Aberdare but work in Swansea, I'm usually at Sunday home games block 13 Row G seats 13/16. I will be there on Saturday, if you fancy a chat. The Red Army are a friendly bunch you will soon make loads of friends

Good thinking posting this topic.

I wonder if there is somewhere that we could post a car-share thread for people who live a little further away?

My partner and I live in Devon, and it's 1hr 50 to the rink - just that bit too far and too expensive to do often, but we'd definitely come to more games if there happened to be anyone else in this neck of the woods that follows the Devils.

TommyDevil13 said:
Good thinking posting this topic.

I wonder if there is somewhere that we could post a car-share thread for people who live a little further away?

My partner and I live in Devon, and it's 1hr 50 to the rink - just that bit too far and too expensive to do often, but we'd definitely come to more games if there happened to be anyone else in this neck of the woods that follows the Devils.
I agree good post. Just a year or 10 too late as I used to travel up from Cornwall for a few games each year til last year. Now living in France and watching/following webcast and/or MNL.

DevilDom said:
Could have a Swansea branch of the Devis fan club and organise car shares, mini busses and maybe even away travel.
this could be a very good idea but would need to really know how many from that way would use it.

New fans to ice hockey and devils but myself and my 14 year old daughter travel from gowerton as season ticket holders. Did ask someone about mini bus but remember being told it was a good idea, but some would want to leave after the game and some would probably prefer to go to the bar. That could make things a bit awkward.
Would have no problem in giving a lift if possible but most of time, we head back after the bownsey wave as Rachael has school next day. She loves her sleep and without it, she makes ANY hockey player look like jane torville!

styx said:
New fans to ice hockey and devils but myself and my 14 year old daughter travel from gowerton as season ticket holders. Did ask someone about mini bus but remember being told it was a good idea, but some would want to leave after the game and some would probably prefer to go to the bar. That could make things a bit awkward.
Would have no problem in giving a lift if possible but most of time, we head back after the bownsey wave as Rachael has school next day. She loves her sleep and without it, she makes ANY hockey player look like jane torville!
we dont mess about on a sunday either, after the wave straight on home. and it also depends how many people would like to travel up together on the weekends.

Idealy, we would need a sub section in the forum, so any spaces available in cars can be advertised for each match. I wonder if this is possible? It might be cool to just post if you have spaces, and how many, if going home straight after match or willing to stay afterwards. At least its something to start with. If it becomes popular and enough people are of the same mind of when to head home. A minibus with designated stop could be looked at.