Another scrapper in the league

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1
Clan sign Dyson Stevenson another guy who will willingly drop the gloves, he is 10 short of 200 fights, 6ft tall 28 yrs of age right winger 42 AHL games and many ECHL. Clan are going to be very tough this season and certainly will entertain love it. Wonder if he is looking to clean up.

Mazzoak

People want to be entertained, in the U.K. that’s still predominantly old school gloves off fighting. Devils are going to find that bit lacking, again & im sure the barrage of criticism that’s going to come will be similar to previous years, the excuses too.

doron

People want to be entertained, in the U.K. that’s still predominantly old school gloves off fighting. Devils are going to find that bit lacking, again & im sure the barrage of criticism that’s going to come will be similar to previous years, the excuses too.
i think cardiff will be in no fear of any team, if need to drop the glove i think we got a well-rounded team for all occasions and will stand for each other

JC23

i think cardiff will be in no fear of any team, if need to drop the glove i think we got a well-rounded team for all occasions and will stand for each other
I think you’re right.

We have at least 4 guys on the team who aren’t afraid to drop the mitts.

Lou obviously.
McNally isn’t afraid at all.
Mikkelson.
Batchy.

Ocko

If Mikkelson has one fight all year I’d be amazed. The bloke played in the NHL and is in the twilight of his career, he isn’t going to want to get punched in the face by players in this league for an EIHL salary.

McNally is a middleweight but game. We have Batch and Louis for fighting and that’s it. I personally don’t like your go to tough guys being on D in a 6 man system, but I doubt we will see a tonne of fighting anyway.

moggy#9

I expect a few markers to be out down in the early games, but unless our power play prices to be effective, opponents sent going to be deterred from taking liberties.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #14
Could turn out to be a real Gem, if he is good enough for Pacha he will be just fine. Stars being my 2nd favourite could have a very good season this term, certainly hope so. Take it away Dundee.

If he's that good, you've got to wonder how he's wound up there, no disrespect to Dundee.
I mean you can't really argue with 22 seasons in Finlands top league along with a season at the Swedish top level. Looks to be a top signing, hopefully he's still got some legs and can adapt to the league!

JC23

If Mikkelson has one fight all year I’d be amazed. The bloke played in the NHL and is in the twilight of his career, he isn’t going to want to get punched in the face by players in this league for an EIHL salary.

McNally is a middleweight but game. We have Batch and Louis for fighting and that’s it. I personally don’t like your go to tough guys being on D in a 6 man system, but I doubt we will see a tonne of fighting anyway.
So Mikkelson wanted to go tonight…

McNally wanted to go…

I think we’re good.

Ocko

So Mikkelson wanted to go tonight…

McNally wanted to go…

I think we’re good.
If he wanted to go he would’ve gone. He will be in those situations all year, I still don’t expect or think he will fight.

And McNally is exactly what I said he was, game but a middleweight. He isn’t going to fight the likes of Cody Sol etc. So in my opinion, my point stands; Louis and Batch are still our go to tough guys. Which isn’t ideal as we have no D cover.

Bit weird to bring up my post from over a week ago on the basis of a few glove punches and a face wash, but there we go.

JC23

If he wanted to go he would’ve gone. He will be in those situations all year, I still don’t expect or think he will fight.

And McNally is exactly what I said he was, game but a middleweight. He isn’t going to fight the likes of Cody Sol etc. So in my opinion, my point stands; Louis and Batch are still our go to tough guys. Which isn’t ideal as we have no D cover.

Bit weird to bring up my post from over a week ago on the basis of a few glove punches and a face wash, but there we go.
You seem to have taken my reply a little bit the wrong way there mate. Wasn’t meant as a dig at you.

But, I understand how things can be taken wrong via text rather than spoken. My reply to you was just because it was a carry on from the conversation.

You know what, I think McNally would give Cody Sol a go! The guy’s definitely a bit loose. Haha.

Devils86

You seem to have taken my reply a little bit the wrong way there mate. Wasn’t meant as a dig at you.

But, I understand how things can be taken wrong via text rather than spoken. My reply to you was just because it was a carry on from the conversation.

You know what, I think McNally would give Cody Sol a go! The guy’s definitely a bit loose. Haha.
A couple wild skating tackles like last night and DOPS will be all over him with bans.