Another one bites the dust at Edinburgh

Temme

Thread starter #1
Paul Zanette (alternate captain) has left the Caps for asiago in Italy. (On loan?)
http://www.eliteleague.co.uk/zanette-loaned-to-asiago/

He was 19+20 in 35 games.

Another huge blow for them - he was in my eyes more of a stand out player than Hayes or Rutherford.

I feel massively sorry for the Capitals - clearly something is going on there that isn't in the public eye just yet.

Emmerson did so well at the start of the year with the team, then all of a sudden

Hayes
Rutherford
Zanette (loan...)

all jump ship & Emmerson breaks his own arm.

Something tells me that they can't afford the wages of all these guys?

Although as the press release says - Emmerson has all but given up on this year and wants to try out a load of new guys ready for next term.

Might be harsh but if the owners cant afford to run the franchise (as is the case every season) then the Elite league should look to award it to another party who can fund it properly.
It just makes a mockery of the Conference system.

All said and done you have to take your hat off to Riley Emmerson for what he's had to contend with it must be demoralizing

Temme

Thread starter #4
I totally disagree with what's happened up there.

They've basically tanked the year to get #1 draft pick :lol: :lol: :lol:

Surely there needs to be some intervention by the EIHL so that they can't be shipping players out to save on budget ready for next year.

This only detriments the 9 other teams in the league as we now struggle to sell tickets.

DevilDom

buzzwagon said:
Might be harsh but if the owners cant afford to run the franchise (as is the case every season) then the Elite league should look to award it to another party who can fund it properly.

All said and done you have to take your hat off to Riley Emmerson for what he's had to contend with it must be demoralizing
Completely agree. I like the Caps and the die-hard (small) group of fans they still have but unless they are prepared to run the franchise at the right level and at least give themselves a chance of winning some games they should be booted. This isn't just one bad year - they have been like this for a long time now. There should be a minimum budget requirement to be in the league.

I can't honestly see them winning a game between now and the end of the year and as you say that makes a mockery of the conference system with lots of easy games for the rest in their conference.

Have Hope#35

DevilDom said:
buzzwagon said:

Completely agree. I like the Caps and the die-hard (small) group of fans they still have but unless they are prepared to run the franchise at the right level and at least give themselves a chance of winning some games they should be booted. This isn't just one bad year - they have been like this for a long time now. There should be a minimum budget requirement to be in the league.

I can't honestly see them winning a game between now and the end of the year and as you say that makes a mockery of the conference system with lots of easy games for the rest in their conference.
Especially Braehead... With 3 Games against them and a Home & Away on the Final Weekend! Lets just hope we don't need them to drop a point or two on the last weekend.

terry hunt

According to the Elite website he is on loan to Asiago.He is due to be playing for Italy next two?

weeks and the Caps are trying out new young players with a view to next year.