Andrew Conboy suspended indefinitely

Wagstaff

Thread starter #1
Form the ECHL website....
The ECHL on Saturday announced that Elmira’s Andrew Conboy has been suspended indefinitely and fined an undisclosed amount as a result of his actions in ECHL Game #22, Reading at Elmira, on Oct. 24.

Conboy is fined and suspended under Rule #28 – Supplementary Discipline as a result of his actions at 19:59 of the second period.

Conboy will miss Elmira’s games at Reading tonight (Oct. 25) and tomorrow (Oct. 26). He will have a hearing with the ECHL Hockey Operations Department on Tuesday, and any further discipline will be announced next week.

Under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the ECHL and the Professional Hockey Players’ Association, player fines collected by the ECHL are given to the PHPA for its ECHL Player’s Hardship Fund.

Ocko

Seen somewhere he but ended someone who was defenseless and then battered someone else defenseless.

This is completely unconfirmed but seen it somewhere on the net.

jimmy snels

Dundee and hull could actually benifit from a conboy and I'd guess he'd be cheap. he's nuts but if you could control it a bit you'd be quids in

ummm eye gouge :eek: ....sounds familiar.
seems its not just fans over here that think he's a loose cannon, as seen in a post from hockeyfights :- He was bound to get cut. I can't recall too many times he has fought people straight up. Although he has loads of PIMs, most aren't from fighting majors and the majority of fighting majors he does received are from him jumping another unwilling player.

Ocko

I think the problem with Conboy is that he isn't as tough as he wants to be. He has to resort to stupid plays like this to 'enforce' and send a message. He's not a top heavy but wants to have the intimidation of one. Stupid, stupid boy.