An Interview with Tylor Michel

I think people sound a bit bitter on here. As has been mentioned, someone has taken their own time to interview and publish an article on a player, undoubtedly for free and in their own time, in an attempt to give the sport greater publicity (which is exactly what it needs) and people are shooting him down.

As for Tylor, without opening that can of worms again, I believe him when he says that he wanted to experience something different. Whether he is paid more or not, he gave us 2 great years of service and at the end of the day, growing up in Canada I doubt very much that he had dream of playing for Cardiff. Players come and go and make a career out of it. Us fans shouldn't get too worked up. G is putting together a good team, let's concentrate on what happens going forwards as opposed to holding onto the past.

Max

Thread starter #22
redtilldead said:
scott 94, as much as i read the interview with teeth grittid, my point was players always say nice things about the club/fans thay are about to kit up for, why would thay say anything negative. with sheffield being the larger of our two clubs a big name fav steelers player seldum if ever comes our way so we don't get the chance to do an interview with him and stick it on your web site with a big smug smile. and if you genualy thowt you wer being helpfull toward us, you must be a newbie and don't quit get it. cheers.
Thanks for your feedback red. I agree with your point about not saying anything negative about the new club they have signed for. But before i conducted my interview i read the Michel thread on here (yes...all 15 pages or whatever it was) and i know some of the fans wished him well, and although were gutted, they understood his reasons for moving. So i thought posting the article on here would appeal to said fans.

As for the newbie part, i'm new to the inferno, but i've been a fan for 22 years now, played ENL hockey and written for various publications including Powerplay and Gongshow Hockey. Thank you for the moniker, but i will have to disagree with you on that one.

Thread starter #23
Max Beerbarrell said:
I think people sound a bit bitter on here. As has been mentioned, someone has taken their own time to interview and publish an article on a player, undoubtedly for free and in their own time, in an attempt to give the sport greater publicity (which is exactly what it needs) and people are shooting him down.

As for Tylor, without opening that can of worms again, I believe him when he says that he wanted to experience something different. Whether he is paid more or not, he gave us 2 great years of service and at the end of the day, growing up in Canada I doubt very much that he had dream of playing for Cardiff. Players come and go and make a career out of it. Us fans shouldn't get too worked up. G is putting together a good team, let's concentrate on what happens going forwards as opposed to holding onto the past.

Max
Thankyou Max. I am a Steelers fan but first and foremost i'm a fan of the sport. I would like nothing more than for the sport to be sustainable in the U.K. and rival sports such as football and rugby, although that is a pipe dream and doubt it will happen, i will keep trying to raise the profile of the game through various avenues such as PHN, aswell as social media.

Hockey is a short career and players will never get rich out of it, so they want to receive other gains instead i.e. playing in a different city, winning silverware, education/coaching opportunities, etc.
Same when Dowd moved to Belfast from Sheffield, Belfast matched his wages and he wanted to move for the experience as he had been in Sheffield for the past seven years (including EPL/ENL seasons).

Like you said, your team is looking great with the likes of Blight, Falkner, Osaer etc, i'm looking forward to playing you guys, but hopefully a succesful season for the EIHL, regardless of who wins.

Chris

Administrator

Max
You've put it better than i've been trying for several days :E

Good stuff on the interview and good to see some other questions that we didn't ask him over the two interviews asked, thanks for linking Scott.

TheStub

Re: Re: An Interview with Tylor Michel

Chris said:

Max
You've put it better than i've been trying for several days :E

Good stuff on the interview and good to see some other questions that we didn't ask him over the two interviews asked, thanks for linking Scott.
It's posts like Chris and Max that makes me want a kudos/like function on here.

People as articulate as Tylor are an asset to the whole league.

Thread starter #26
Thankyou Chris i appreciate it :)

And i fully agree TheStub, he was great to interview. Next ones i have lined up are with the new guy Corey Pecker, Meyers and Shields.

I post links on Steeltalk, and will put them on ther relevant forums for Meyers e.g. the Cage, and Shields (KOTG)
I also put links to my articles on twitter if anyone wants to follow (@cliffy94) Many thanks

jimmy snels

id happily read your interviews on here scott, was an interesting read and i thought people were having a bit of banter (hence why i had a joke as well) and didnt think you picked the inferno to rattle feathers. please post the links here again and dont let the minority put you off :)

scott 94, keep up the good work you do for your club and the sport we all love, yes i do have a habbit of being a bit touchy and yes bitter but that comes from following the city for 40 odd years and seeing the swans get to div one and the prem and after being the king pins in this league for a short time we have spent the best part of 15 years strugling to keep up or just compete now and again is as good as it gets. you know the history the 12.1 at wembly the chinny saga, many hammerings and fights, bob, p. ragan take over, we lose the championship to you, and much, much more and then tylor yes my fav player over the past few years, so when you put your interview on our site my touchy bitter button got pressed and i took the view that you wer rubbin it in. i'll take it as read that you wer doing it for the wright reasons and i will take a chill pill, and good luck with your future interviews. as for tylor, you do have a goodun.

Thread starter #30
Thanks Jimmy i really appreciate it.

Thanks Redtilldead, no worries at all. I know the feeling with the hurt and pain of football lol im a Sheffield united fan, so it was torture losing in the playoff final to Huddersfield, i think Steve Simonson's penalty shot is still airborne and probably somewhere near you guys at the moment! :lol:
Thanks for the kind words. I hope you all have a great summer, and i will be down in your awesome city in a few weeks playing in a charity tournament. So if any of you do come watch, please come and say hi. Take care folks :cool:

Ger-Devils

Scott94 said:
Thanks Jimmy i really appreciate it.

Thanks Redtilldead, no worries at all. I know the feeling with the hurt and pain of football lol im a Sheffield united fan, so it was torture losing in the playoff final to Huddersfield, i think Steve Simonson's penalty shot is still airborne and probably somewhere near you guys at the moment! :lol:
Thanks for the kind words. I hope you all have a great summer, and i will be down in your awesome city in a few weeks playing in a charity tournament. So if any of you do come watch, please come and say hi. Take care folks :cool:
Could have followed the decent Sheffield football team couldn't you? Haha! Netto for the win by Hillsbrough!

fif

FatCled said:
DevilDom said:
Tylor who?
That'll be my mate's dog Tylor. Oh hang on, it can't be him because he's loyal :!:
Yes but the sad thing is I named him after Tylor (he is a chihuahua though.... with big ears lol) :DWD
Can I rename him G do you think, after 2 years