An evening with Dave Simms

Thread starter #1
For those who may not have seen the announcement on Twitter and Facebook already,Red Army Travel are pleased to announce we are hosting an evening with Dave Simms early in the new year.
David has kindly agreed to do this with ALL proceeds getting donated to the Devils junior system.We will consult with them as to how the money can best be served to help them?
There will be huge interest so we intend to limit numbers so you will need to be quick to book.The reason for early in the new year is for 2 reasons,Dave is very busy as works full time as well as his Steelers commitments so has many balls to juggle being a family man and secondly with Christmas fast approaching and many other parties etc going on it should give as many people as possible the chance to come.
Wether you love him or hate him,everybody has a lot to say about him so here is your chance to meet the guy in a relaxed environment and have fun.
More details on date,venue soon once we have consulted with all the necessary parties.

Gaz G

Can you organise it so it's in a boxing ring? Sorry to be so negative straight away but I have no time for the bloke and would only attend if I could get in a ring with him.

wildthing74

I think there's a 50/50 possibly 90/10 split what people think about him but no denying his passion.
Bottom line it will be an interesting night and its all for a good cause.

kettdevil1

wildthing74 said:
I think there's a 50/50 possibly 90/10 split what people think about him but no denying his passion.
Bottom line it will be an interesting night and its all for a good cause.
Totally agree.... he is terrific in events like this. Thoroughly recommended!

ASHIPP

Will be plenty of interest for this event and yes for a great cause but I am giving up my place for someone who would appreciate it more.
He may think he knows about our sport but I can`t waste time listening to someone so unprofessional, biased and hypocritical. A big crowd would simply massage his ego. He`s already posted his comments about Devils´ fans on Twitter.

An Evening with Brent Pope is a much better prospect thankyou.

Gaz G

ASHIPP said:
Will be plenty of interest for this event which is why I am giving up my place for someone who would appreciate it more.
He may think he knows about our sport but I can`t waste time listening to someone so unprofessional, biased and hypocritical. A big crowd would simply massage his ego.

Agreed, someone who has played the sport and has a genuine knowledge of it. Simms is a tool. How he got/kept the job on sky i'll never know.

Good luck with this one guys.....great that money going to charity but he will get hammered if fans who know who he is turn up.

No place for him in Cardiff.

Wannabe2

ASHIPP said:
Will be plenty of interest for this event and yes for a great cause but I am giving up my place for someone who would appreciate it more.
He may think he knows about our sport but I can`t waste time listening to someone so unprofessional, biased and hypocritical. A big crowd would simply massage his ego. He`s already posted his comments about Devils´ fans on Twitter.

I am with you Dude i would rather poke pins in my eyes than listen to this geezer rabbiting on about ME, MYSELF, AND I. He is a Steeler thru and Thru, and has no professional connection to our sport whatsoever.Myself i would prefer to listen to someone who has a connection with the Devils and who cares about our club, and not Mission Control up the road, but hey ho we are all different.

ASHIPP said:

That could turn in to a lifetime, lots of words

Skippy

James said:
skippy said:
Have heard really good things about these nights with Dave.

Will be along date allowing.
Why? Who's your date?
Well played sir well played.

Let me revise " I will be along providing the day and time chosen for the event are convenient and don't clash with any prior commitments I may have"

Jones72

I wouldn't give him the steam off my pee, let alone spend an evening in his company. Charity or not.

Why not an evening with Biznasty, while he's over here? We had a Hockey101 event some years ago. Awesome it was too. Biznasty talking about the NHL experience? I'd fork out money for that.

Jabba The Simms on the other hand? No thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheincar

Jones72 said:
I wouldn't give him the steam off my pee, let alone spend an evening in his company. Charity or not.

Why not an evening with Biznasty, while he's over here? We had a Hockey101 event some years ago. Awesome it was too. Biznasty talking about the NHL experience? I'd fork out money for that.

Jabba The Simms on the other hand? No thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ 1. That hockey 101 with Max was brilliant.

Boy,there are some miserable people on here !! I am not a fan of DS but he has offered to come down here for an evening, with Red Army Travel organizing it and to donate all of the money to future Devils and all most of you can do is slag him off !! DS may not be peoples favourite person but he has been involved in this sport before the Devils existed and will have some great stories from years gone by. If you don't want to go don't but don't also hide behind your keyboards, if you dislike the way he does things instead of whinging behind your keyboard why not go, see what makes him tick, he may suprise you.