Amy Usher RIP

Thread starter #1
just seen this tweet from Simmsey and Friends

Earlier today we were heartbroken to learn that Amy had passed this morning.This walk means more than ever. We are in pieces. #ForAmy
Sad news.

osh

So sad to hear this news. It was wonderful to see how so many different ice hockey fans reacted positively when hearing of Amy's plight. There are so many people feeling this loss today. Blighter, like so many people will be devastated after instigating so much fund raising along with many others too numerous to name. RIP lovely girl, huge condolences to her family and friends.

Tyke Devil

Simply awful news. So sad for the Usher family and the "Steelers family".

I'm sure the Steelers will honour this brave young girl now and moving forward.

I also hope that at this terrible time the Usher Family can take maybe just a little comfort in the fact that the UK Hockey community are thinking of them.

Condolences to everybody close to this brave young lady. I hope that both teams put on a fantastic performance that would do her memory justice.

Makes you realise the value of life and at the end of the day sport is adtually of little significance.

Koop11

So sad to hear this. Never known someone bring UK Hockey together like she did. Too young to be taken away. Prayers are with her family. These sad times put things into perspective.

Mooney#16

You feel inclined to think screw the hockey with news like that. But she clearly was a massive hockey and Steelers fan so the best way of honouring her is for the Steelers and Devils to put on an absolute barn burner of a show on Saturday night. Such sad news of a life cut short but she didn't half make an impact on the sport and fund raising for cancer care in the UK. Well done girl. You leave a legacy of good things behind you.

Temme

I was absolutely privileged to play in a charity hockey tournament in Sheffield last weekend in aid of Amy's cause and Weston Park Hospital & was one of the lucky people to meet Amy.

What a positive young girl & such a cruel story. Hockey has truly lost one of it's own today.

21st minute of Sundays game i hope all Devils fans, old and young, will join me in paying tribute to Amy.

to quote Chris Blight; Remember Amy, champions walk together forever.

As much as I still want the Devils to win everything, if Sheffield do come out as league champions on Saturday night, they will have done it for Amy, and what a wonderful tribute to repay her loyalty to the team.

Rest in peace Amy, your contribution to UK hockey, continuous charity work and glowing personality will forever be your legacy.