All kicking off at dundee

Rempel16

We'll agree to disagree! Hands and elbows very high, caught Boucher in the neck/head. Again the reaction from the players says it all. Haas had completely lost the plot at that point, he was headhunting. Actually cost his team dearly as Dundee were in the game and he was playing well. Let's see how DOPS view the hit….I’d be staggered if he doesn’t get two games minimum.
I agree that he was headhunting and looked to take out the Giants best player.

I want to see it in slo mo though as the contact itself is perfectly fine if not the head. It’s the lack of momentum change prior to the hit that makes it worse.

The reaction is a bit timid I think, only Haas himself is swinging at anyone, but that could be because he is a tough sob and Giants have no one to go at him.

BostonBart22

Any game penalty is reviewed now as officials have dropped giving match penalties, DOPS will sort it and with hass record i still think a 1 or 2 game ban,he knew what he was doing, that is my opinion..

august04 2.0

I agree that he was headhunting and looked to take out the Giants best player.

I want to see it in slo mo though as the contact itself is perfectly fine if not the head. It’s the lack of momentum change prior to the hit that makes it worse.

The reaction is a bit timid I think, only Haas himself is swinging at anyone, but that could be because he is a tough sob and Giants have no one to go at him.
More a reflection on the Giants roster this year that Darcy Murphy was the player who reacted. Not really a match for Haas!

kettdevil1

Any game penalty is reviewed now as officials have dropped giving match penalties, DOPS will sort it and with hass record i still think a 1 or 2 game ban,he knew what he was doing, that is my opinion..
I suspect so. The contact with the head is arguable (I think there is but can't be 100% sure) but what isn't is the brainless nature of the hit, it really did not help his team one bit.

If we are going with 1 game for Haas then that surely means that Eberle would get 3 for his hit on Duggs?

bb1

I hope he doesn't get a ban for that to be honest. It definitely wasn't a shoulder to the head at all. His hands were up at point but it did not look like a shoulder or elbows.

People say Haas is a liability.....I see him as a great marketing tool for Dundee. They aren't going to win any trophies so they look like they have put a 'bums on seats' campaign together.

I actually look forward to guys like him and Springer playing against us as it adds a bit of spice and entertainment to games and a league that has sadly become more on the dull side physically.

Wannabe2

McNally, Haas, Broll, Springer, these are the guys that put bums on seats, the game is desperate for characters like these guys and you can never have too many of them. Physical play will never die out, it gets the fans pumped, skill, speed, are huge factors in this game, but a big mid ice hit, a massive hip check along the boards, and a bit of a set to will always get fans out of their seats and get the Andrenalin pumping. What a sport.

Ocko

Agree with wannabe and bb1. I look forward to the games with those characters more than teams of greater ability. So many games are sterile and boring these days, they give an edge that makes it interesting.

As bb1 said it’s also the only way teams like Dundee and Manchester can pull in fans. It’s an alternative of signing lower level players of teams above them or going in a different direction and being tough. We did it for years with teams in the tent so it’s a bit rich if we get on our high horse about other teams doing it.

I think if that’s a check to the head then open ice hitting is done.

august04 2.0

Agree with wannabe and bb1. I look forward to the games with those characters more than teams of greater ability. So many games are sterile and boring these days, they give an edge that makes it interesting.

As bb1 said it’s also the only way teams like Dundee and Manchester can pull in fans. It’s an alternative of signing lower level players of teams above them or going in a different direction and being tough. We did it for years with teams in the tent so it’s a bit rich if we get on our high horse about other teams doing it.

I think if that’s a check to the head then open ice hitting is done.
I don’t think anyone here is getting on their high horse. As you say, we did the same for years in the tent with Voth. But sadly, the game has changed massively since then. I don’t like it either but it’s a fact. Any contact with the head nowadays, and you’re in trouble and that’s why we haven’t really seen these guys in our league for a few years. For whatever reason this year, we have a few, which is great. But they’re going to find themselves in trouble if they lose the plot like Haas did last night.

Pembo

Anyone found any links to what happened with Haas? I’ve been searching for highlights but haven’t struck any gold yet in the usual places…

august04 2.0

Not really sure why something that happened in Dundee is getting more mileage than what happened to Duggan in Sheffield?
I don’t think there’s much argument about contact with the head on Duggan, it was as clear cut as you’ll see - whereas we’re debating the other hit in Dundee here. What’s wrong with that?