Adding Avatars

TheStub

Thread starter #1
I'm missing having the avatar I have on every forum and IM client that I use. But, the site doesn't seem to want to give me the ability to add one. I will even remotely host it :(

Other have them, so has the ability to add an avatar recently been disabled, or am I being a total spanner? I mean, I have maintained a few phpBB boards in my time, but I wouldn't put it past me being slow enough to miss the button. :lol:

Chris

Administrator
Re: Addinf Avatars

It's definately about somewhere, and we haven't disabled them :)

I'm in Newcastle at the moment so can only do a certain amount, i'll try and remember to have a look when I get home Monday if you haven't managed to fix it by then!

Chris.

James

Administrator

Looks like the avatar directory isnt writeable too. We'll poke it and see what we can do. Ive enabled off site avatars for now. Keep them fresh :)

TheStub

Thread starter #4

Cool - no problem for me. I have a few domains that I look after. I'll use my spare bandwidth :lol:

I had an issue with one host who kept changing folder permissions automatically for "security". Sorted it in the end, but was a bugger - and they get so prissy when you drop bash into your PHP :lol:

At least I can use my old faithful Avatar. :D

Admin

Administrator
Just had a look in the various settings and i've re-enabled 'offsite avatars' so if you could give it a go that'd be good.

The directory still isn't writable so i'll have a look at that when I get home.

Chris.