Adams sacked?

What I said was probably a little harsh and out of context

Even if G decided to play last night, why wasnt BP on the bench helping Franny out? as someone on twitter said last night, the club is taking one step forward two steps back

Temme

Totally agree with this.

I am a bit angry that I've paid my ST money up front- this will certainly be the Last year that I make this mistake. I'll either go direct debit or just not bother at all.

Someone (anyone) down there needs to come clean to the fans about what is going on down there as giving the fans messages like they are is disgraceful and frankly the fans should act. Without us, none of them would have jobs and the organisation wouldn't be what it is today. What right do they have to do this to paying customers?

I'm sensing some sort of boycott- more than likely a cup game as it won't affect ST holders if they don't turn up. However this just makes matters worse financially...

With regards to the above- G was player coach yesterday, therefore Pope would have no place on the bench, as G called the shots.

D

Deleted member 1337

Thanks for clarifying that Temme.
Ah, I see about the coaching yesterday then, but couldn't Brent have gone up where Franny stood (stairs by the away block) and do something like that though?

Temme

I guess so, however given the shambles on the ice defensively yesterday, I guess Brent did the right thing by being as far away as possible, as nobody can point the finger at him for being in charge!

Not saying that Brent is a better coach, or that he should/shouldn't be in charge, however the systems we played against Coventry last week were a lot better than those we played yesterday. LaCosta had a good game, he was left out to dry for at least 2 of the goals, if not all 3.

This has got the whiff of internal politics written all over it.

I guess time will tell. I won't comment on whether I think Pope, Franny, G or PR are in the right or wrong- mostly because I don't know enough about it or have no clue what's going on behind the scenes.

There's hundreds of rumours circulating at the minute, and I doubt any of them have any foundation...

If the end result of all this debacle is simply that we lose Phil Hill and everyone internal is arguing then I for one will be an angry fan.

Temme said:
Totally agree with this.

I am a bit angry that I've paid my ST money up front- this will certainly be the Last year that I make this mistake. I'll either go direct debit or just not bother at all.

Someone (anyone) down there needs to come clean to the fans about what is going on down there as giving the fans messages like they are is disgraceful and frankly the fans should act. Without us, none of them would have jobs and the organisation wouldn't be what it is today. What right do they have to do this to paying customers?

I'm sensing some sort of boycott- more than likely a cup game as it won't affect ST holders if they don't turn up. However this just makes matters worse financially...

With regards to the above- G was player coach yesterday, therefore Pope would have no place on the bench, as G called the shots.
I believe it was the intention to go with 10 imports once again this season, but st weren't selling well so the announcement was made that it was definitely 11. It was only a matter of time till that was cut to 10 with the departure of Ross but upped back up to 11 with Morrisette before the outcry that would have followed, then they looked at an alternative saving and it was bye bye Phil Hill and there was probably at least two imports on the gassing hit list but the management realised the fans would turn against them.

They are totally out of touch with the majority but PR believes there are only about 20 people that don't agree with the way the club is being run. There is more than that who speak out and probably a lot more that don't

Temme

It would be quite something I think if all fans vented their thoughts in a poll. Wouldn't make good reading that's for sure. Every team is talking about how we are the laughing stock of a beer league...

Loyalty is built on honesty and trust. I do not trust what is going on and they are certainly not being honest. If they put out a press release tomorrow saying Lord LaCosta and Faulkner were going tomorrow due to budget issues and 3 of the under 12's were playing instead I wouldn't mind.
I wouldn't be ideal but I'd support them through thick and thin!!!

By lying to the fans they aren't doing themselves any favours.

TheStub

Temme said:
It would be quite something I think if all fans vented their thoughts in a poll. Wouldn't make good reading that's for sure. Every team is talking about how we are the laughing stock of a beer league...

Loyalty is built on honesty and trust. I do not trust what is going on and they are certainly not being honest. If they put out a press release tomorrow saying Lord LaCosta and Faulkner were going tomorrow due to budget issues and 3 of the under 12's were playing instead I wouldn't mind.

Exactly. Just tell the fans the truth, or at least a consistent picture.

They are playing at being sports owners, but look very very amateur in the qualities of their releases. Poorly written and only get the fans worked up, rather than portray a professional outlook.

If I'm honest, I don't care if G gets pushed out due to a back office issue. I care that all parties act professionally, and that the public view is consistent and professional.

Temme

TheStub said:
Temme said:

They are playing at being sports owners, but look very very amateur in the qualities of their releases. Poorly written and only get the fans worked up, rather than portray a professional outlook.

If I'm honest, I don't care if G gets pushed out due to a back office issue. I care that all parties act professionally, and that the public view is consistent and professional.

Amen.

Temme said:
TheStub said:
Temme said:

Amen.

+1 Well Said :RAWK

Temme said:
I guess so, however given the shambles on the ice defensively yesterday, I guess Brent did the right thing by being as far away as possible, as nobody can point the finger at him for being in charge!

Not saying that Brent is a better coach, or that he should/shouldn't be in charge, however the systems we played against Coventry last week were a lot better than those we played yesterday. LaCosta had a good game, he was left out to dry for at least 2 of the goals, if not all 3.

This has got the whiff of internal politics written all over it.

I guess time will tell. I won't comment on whether I think Pope, Franny, G or PR are in the right or wrong- mostly because I don't know enough about it or have no clue what's going on behind the scenes.

There's hundreds of rumours circulating at the minute, and I doubt any of them have any foundation...

If the end result of all this debacle is simply that we lose Phil Hill and everyone internal is arguing then I for one will be an angry fan.

Temme said:
......... LaCosta had a good game, he was left out to dry for at least 2 of the goals, if not all 3..........
So for how many, many more times was Regan "left out to dry"..........................but he saved them all the same????? (..and yes I know he dislodged the goals several times )

D

Deleted member 1337

schulersagoodun said:
Temme said:
......... LaCosta had a good game, he was left out to dry for at least 2 of the goals, if not all 3..........
So for how many, many more times was Regan "left out to dry"..........................but he saved them all the same????? (..and yes I know he dislodged the goals several times )
The goals weren't his fault all of the time, a goalie has to slide from one side of the crease to another without worrying about dislodging to goal.

One thing that would help to keep them in place, not for certain admittedly but for little push off of the goal is padding on the back on the net, which is down to Planet Ice I think. The padding often freezes to the ice and stops the net moving so freely, this is of course not the main reason for the padding, the main reason is to stop the puck bouncing out. For whatever reason, someone should sort it out before long though as it makes it easier to see if it was a goal or not also.

I feel very let down by the club that they (the people involved) have left the most important people out of the loop... the fans!!!

Its irritated me the scrutiny G has put up with to this point... it just shows you what kind of person he is. Its an embarrassment to the club to have pope suceed G as coach as the rumours are saying.... the whole point of gassing somone is to bring in a better replacement.....

Gs body language at the end of the game last night told me everything I needed to know about whats happening... he was fed up. And so are we!!!!!!

Wannabe2

philrowlands31 said:
I feel very let down by the club that they (the people involved) have left the most important people out of the loop... the fans!!!

Its irritated me the scrutiny G has put up with to this point... it just shows you what kind of person he is. Its an embarrassment to the club to have pope suceed G as coach as the rumours are saying.... the whole point of gassing somone is to bring in a better replacement.....

Gs body language at the end of the game last night told me everything I needed to know about whats happening... he was fed up. And so are we!!!!!!
Well said.

Ocko

One the of worst parts about this is that there is no real statement from the club, other than that stupid, petulant legal comment last night. They are well aware of the uproar this has caused but yet are letting the fans get rightly annoyed and worried.

I wonder what its like to support a normal club with normal problems like the next game or a bad result other than this crap. Any Nottingham, Braehead or Belfast fans want to let us know what it's like?

Maybe this is some sort of payback for us being too good in the 90s hey?

philrowlands31 said:
Its an embarrassment to the club to have pope suceed G as coach as the rumours are saying.... the whole point of gassing somone is to bring in a better replacement.....
How do you know Pope is no better than G at coaching? ...in my experience with Pope (albeit not much), he was on the bench for 3 games. We improved a damn site more against Belfast, and got the double over Coventry. Our special teams looked much more organised, and we actually took shots on the pp for once in god knows how long. Pope goes back to the stands, we get the usual G and Franny combo, then Fife turn us over in our own barn. No disrespect to Fife, but we should be beating teams like that especially at home, and even more so considering the rumoured amount of money spent on our team!

I used to be a firm supporter of G and Franny, but after seeing the effect Pope had, I have to say I would be happy to see him take over. G has been fantastic over the years, and he is an amazing recruiter, though I'm afraid to say that I think his days are limited. Again, having Franny as a bench coach is all well and good, but what experience has he actually got compared with someone like Pope who has played in various teams here and in North America. Be it G or Franny, something isn't right because as soon as Pope left that bench, it all went downhill again. Maybe Franny can't put G's orders across very well, or maybe it's G's tactics? Who knows? I hate to slag them off, but it's clearly not working anymore.

Think of things from Ragans point of view also! We have an owner who is supporting our hockey team which is making a loss every month, something which we should be grateful for. Not great for business if your team are always losing and fans are slagging you off, despite the financial shortcomings you are frequently suffering because of this team. He is understandably getting frustrated. The aim was to spend big this year, produce a winning team and benefit from the increased amount of fans for our first season in the new place. Obviously the team is failing, and that is ultimately down to the coach, no one else. It's simple, if you can't do your job, you get sacked and someone who can do it is brought in. This is a professional sports team and also a business, so all the fans crying about our loyalty to G need to wake up, cause at this rate we will not be successful as either.

The option is now simple, Ragan has given Adams the option to replace himself as the import, obviously resulting in a reduction in wages. Everyone knows that G is the weakest import on the roster, he's not a spring chicken anymore! ...if he did replace himself it would benefit the team as the calibre of our imports would increase and he could focus on coaching, which would improve our chances of winning games. That's what Ragan wants, is to win games, and by G seemingly sticking to his contract (which is fair enough) it means we will also be that much worse as a team cause Ragan will not be able to improve things without sacking G outright.

Ocko

I am just intrigued to know what has caused this, things seemed relatively rosy for Devils standards after last weekend. Pope and G seemed to work well on the bench together even if neither actually get on or like each other, and Paul Ragan seemed happy with what he saw. Something or some particular incident has obviously kicked this off and it would be nice to know what.

ASHIPP

If the management are serious about the team achieving some success this season then they have to give them the tools to do the job......i..e. let G go to the bench and continue will a formula that seemed to be turning things around AND bring in a new defenceman.

Its disgraceful for them to get into the blame game and make G the scapegoat when the poor guy has not been given sufficient chance in the sole role of COACH to prove that the formula was working.

So many questions unanswered e.g.

- Hill released for underperformance. If his salary saving was going to be used for new player, what now?

- was there ever any intention in recruiting a new player or was this just another media spin to build us all up then deliver the bombshell?

This is not the way to market the Club to future players and sponsors. It is not the way to treat current players and fans.

Forgive me if i am wrong but i don't recall seeing this anywhere.

Has it been stated that a new player is NOT coming in ?
I couldn't read the "G returns to the ice" story, just the headline. so it might have been in there somewhere.

:DWD