Adams sacked?

Foxy said:
Now try telling me that there is no management interference.

G i think should go to the bench but leave it as G/franny coaching team. Putting Brent there is like having Big Bro breathing over your shoulder.
Think this is an appaling way to treat both G and Franny after many loyal years of service to the Devils!

Its not just G its affecting by this constant messing around G's retired, G's back player coach......, its the players and the fans also! Understandably the players looked despondent and the atmosphere was awful at the rink last night!!

G deserves a lot of respect last night for playing when the rink was full of whispers that "G's been sacked!"

Finny

jodysstillagirlsname said:
Sliput said:
Ragan needs to cut the crap and tell the fans the truth or there wont be a team for him to move into his new shiny arena . As others have said , has he told G to go back on the ice so he then has a reason to sack him !!!
Point of order ; It is not his shiny new arena, it will belong to and be operated by Greenbank and if they had any sense they wouldn't let him anywhere near it
Which makes the current situation even more bizarre. I'm already expecting a bit of a publicity battle as to who should run a team out of the new arena, and Ragan won't be helping his cause if he continues to make such unpopular decisions.

Earnie

What on earth are PR and BP trying to do? Whatever it is it does not seem to be working.

Big statements about G hanging up his skates and going on the bench - then cancel it!
Big statements about sacking Phil Hill and getting a new import who seemingly is not coming anyway . Sacrificing Hill was just a budget cut.
Intimidation of G by those who 'will not interfere in on ice decisions' does not go down well.

The team are confused and understandably so.

The message to management seems to be get a grip and don't treat the fans like mushrooms!

I would have to say that it is time for G to leave the club.
I understand that there is a lot of love and support for him from some of the fans, however we have been to play off's and come back empty handed (Last season 3rd and 4th place game at the play off's was a complete joke and embarrassing.) Also we haven't won any silverware for a long time.
As I have said before, in any other professional sport, if the coach isn't performing then he is shown the door and I think this is exactly what we need!
Last night was a joke filled with laziness, incompetence and complacency.
This is not the reason a bought a season ticket.

I hope the management make the right decision on this and sort it out pronto.

kettdevil1

Lp 1 said:
I understand that there is a lot of love and support for him from some of the fans, however we have been to play off's and come back empty handed (Last season 3rd and 4th place game at the play off's was a complete joke and embarrassing.) Also we haven't won any silverware for a long time.
As I have said before, in any other professional sport, if the coach isn't performing then he is shown the door and I think this is exactly what we need!

Not having a go, just genuinely interested.....what do you expect in terms of achievement?

Personally (and accepting that this year is disappointing at the moment) I believe that the team has overachieved in the last few years. Reaching Nottingham is a great achievement and coming desperately close to the league when pipped by Sheffield whilst playing in a glorified tent seems decent to me but..... I am interested in hearing what think?

kettdevil1 said:
Lp 1 said:

Not having a go, just genuinely interested.....what do you expect in terms of achievement?

Personally (and accepting that this year is disappointing at the moment) I believe that the team has overachieved in the last few years. Reaching Nottingham is a great achievement and coming desperately close to the league when pipped by Sheffield whilst playing in a glorified tent seems decent to me but..... I am interested in hearing what think?
You beat me to it Kettdevil. For those who complain about the lack of silverware do they honestly think another coach could deliver this with a small budget and the worst rink and facilities in the League?

Glover said:
kettdevil1 said:
Lp 1 said:

You beat me to it Kettdevil. For those who complain about the lack of silverware do they honestly think another coach could deliver this with a small budget and the worst rink and facilities in the League?
+1. Also the 3rd/4th place games was a joke, we were short benched with injuries, what was the point of playing the game?! Don't think this was suggested by G?!!

Finny

Lp 1 said:
That's the simple approach from simpletons. It doesn't mean it is the correct approach.

Someone posted a link on here a week or so ago that research was done into the effect of sacking coaches mid-season. It showed that doing so produced on average a negative effect, rather than positive.

Sacking the coach is usually done in football by owners who don't understand the sport and try to pass the blame onto someone else before the fans start to blame them......

ASHIPP

Earnie said:
What on earth are PR and BP trying to do? Whatever it is it does not seem to be working.

Big statements about G hanging up his skates and going on the bench - then cancel it!
Big statements about sacking Phil Hill and getting a new import who seemingly is not coming anyway . Sacrificing Hill was just a budget cut.
Intimidation of G by those who 'will not interfere in on ice decisions' does not go down well.

The team are confused and understandably so.

The message to management seems to be get a grip and don't treat the fans like mushrooms!

A great post. The management of this situation is undermining the coach, the team, the fans. Badly handled it could be catastrophic for the future...what players and
sponsors want to be associated with a club that behaves like this? If they really believe that all this is really going to benefit Cardiff Devils they need to think again and quickly.
When fans stop attending because they are sick of one bad press situation after another maybe the Club will re-think. Too late by then.

Still struggling to comprehend all these bizarre decisions and statements. G retires to the bench to focus soley on coaching. It works immediately - team win 3 games. Club announce looking for new player - they must have felt they could afford one.

Now with the co

Gospel

From the press release where it states that G wants to fulfill his contractual obligations, that would suggest that a new contract would be needed for G to be coach, therefore new salary? PR clearly looking to push G into a corner.

Im guessing PR wanted to slash G's salary to justify the new import, depsite saving money with Hilly being released. Now we will not get any new player.

Yet more sad times after it seemed a cornr had been turned.

Finny

If you don't like the way this forum is moderated, find another forum.
You'll soon come back, the moderation of this forum is by far the best of any forum I'm a member of.

jodysstillagirlsname said:
Sliput said:
Ragan needs to cut the crap and tell the fans the truth or there wont be a team for him to move into his new shiny arena . As others have said , has he told G to go back on the ice so he then has a reason to sack him !!!
Point of order ; It is not his shiny new arena, it will belong to and be operated by Greenbank and if they had any sense they wouldn't let him anywhere near it
+1

Chris

Administrator
I have sent you 2 pm's regarding this topic sack G sack Pope 2 completely different subjects
None have arrived.
As a moderator you should perhaps tone down your sarcasm and use Pm's rather than hijack this post
I could, but i'm not going to because I have no need to pm you.

Back on topic anyway...
From the press release where it states that G wants to fulfill his contractual obligations, that would suggest that a new contract would be needed for G to be coach, therefore new salary? PR clearly looking to push G into a corner.

Im guessing PR wanted to slash G's salary to justify the new import, depsite saving money with Hilly being released. Now we will not get any new player.

That seems to be the rumour with the most substance unfortunately :(

I don't really know what to make of the whole situation to be honest. The treatment and ongoing shenanigans between Franny, Adams and Ragan is doing far more harm than good.

On the other hand, for the people who are asking for Ragan to be bought out, or for him just to quit what options do we have lined up? A fans buyout or anything similar would be just as bad, if not worse with the way the fanbase is so polarised.

But then, commenting on here, twitter and to a lesser extent facebook doesn't appear to be getting anywhere and things are going from bad to worse. I'd think the only way that Ragan and I guess Pope will listen or change their attitudes will be if a significant section of the fanbase start to vote with their feet...

Gospel

Chris said:
I have sent you 2 pm's regarding this topic sack G sack Pope 2 completely different subjects
None have arrived.
As a moderator you should perhaps tone down your sarcasm and use Pm's rather than hijack this post
I could, but i'm not going to because I have no need to pm you.

Back on topic anyway...

That seems to be the rumour with the most substance unfortunately :(

I don't really know what to make of the whole situation to be honest. The treatment and ongoing shenanigans between Franny, Adams and Ragan is doing far more harm than good.

On the other hand, for the people who are asking for Ragan to be bought out, or for him just to quit what options do we have lined up? A fans buyout or anything similar would be just as bad, if not worse with the way the fanbase is so polarised.

But then, commenting on here, twitter and to a lesser extent facebook doesn't appear to be getting anywhere and things are going from bad to worse. I'd think the only way that Ragan and I guess Pope will listen or change their attitudes will be if a significant section of the fanbase start to vote with their feet...

Without anyone lining up to take on the Devils we are stuck with whatever decision PR makes, sadly. If fans stay away because of results PR will just blame G & Franny, it also means less money for the club & PR, being a businessman, is clearly aware of this and plays on it.

PR will bang on about more sponsors being involved this year, a bigger budget etc that means bugger all if hes just going to fill the fans with BS all the time.

oh how id love to win the lottery!