Adams gets his man

Thread starter #1
The Cardiff Devils have today announced they have signed Canadian forward Marc Fulton.

Devils coach Gerad Adams has moved quickly to find a replacement import forward to complete his roster in the shape of 25-year old Fulton.

“Marc has only played one year professional and he scored 25 points last year playing for the Texas Wildcatters,” Adams said.

“It seems like he’s going to be a really good fit. He’s played college hockey and it sounds like this kid is a hard worker who can shoot the puck so I’m excited to get him in.”

Vancouver-born Fulton played last season in Texas alongside Devils netminder Peter Aubry, who helped Adams find his man.

Fulton (6ft 1ins, 200lbs) started this season with the ECHL’s Victoria Salmon Kings before being released and agreeing to move to Cardiff.

“Marc’s a talented player and we’re lucky to have him,” Adams added.

“Marc leaving Victoria is similar to how we were able to sign Tyson Teplitsky again. Both players have the ability to play in different leagues, but sometimes things just don’t work out there. We’re glad to have a young player come in like Marc, who has a lot of hunger and the desire to prove himself.”

Fulton’s move from the Salmon Kings came after an increasing number of AHL and NHL contracted players were assigned to Victoria.

“Marc has a great shot, is a smart hockey player with a good all round game,” continued Adams.
“He’s not flashy but will be a nice addition to what we are building here in Cardiff plus he’s good friends with Peter Aubry.”

The Devils are currently completing the work permit application process for Fulton, who played four years of college hockey for Colgate University in upstate New York.
:evil:

Gazza272

Some good information about mr fulton <HERE>>

Looks a good fit, seems to have done very well in college hockey which isnt easy.

Welcome Marc look forward to seeing you in action

Looks like a really good signing to me, hopefully he can help us get the puck in the net, although after last night it would seem our defence needs a bit of work too :? . Anyway, welcome Marc, i hope we get him in by the sheffield game so i can see him play :) .

Wannabe2

Great to see a new face, looks a good signing, well played G, Aubs reckons he will be good in the Locker room and will be a good addition to our team. Welcome to Wales Marc you will enjoy your stay here.

Looks an ok signing, not convinced going by his stats. Doesnt it worry anyone else that G can only sign players that are recommended by somebody he knows etc. What Im trying to get at is no agents will go anywhere near Cardiff Devils.

We've been through this before about agents. G is doing his best with the money and the resources available to him. Can we leave the past rest and look to the future.

Ih8Sheffield said:
Looks an ok signing, not convinced going by his stats. Doesnt it worry anyone else that G can only sign players that are recommended by somebody he knows etc. What Im trying to get at is no agents will go anywhere near Cardiff Devils.
Was Jay Latuilppe recommended by Tyson??? do you think that is a bad signing then?? i think not

Sliput

Ih8Sheffield said:
Doesnt worry me at all....would a player who wants to win things recommend a crap player ??

A personnel recomendation is surely better than some agent wanting to make a bit of cash.

Guys read my post, where does it say I wouldnt have signed anyone??? I think jays a quality little player, think he could look for a pass a little more though :D

The fact is agents wont go near us and it affects our recruitment!!! Thats why im bringing it up....

If your a player in say north america and get approached by cardiff devils, player rings his agent whats cardiff devils and the eihl like etc??? Agent, well i done abit of business with them a few yrs back and im still waiting for my cheque!!!!

I think if we had these agents on board we would get better quality players, thousands of hockey players assigned to agents.... I got told something a few weeks back that made me think. The chl has a wage cap limit of $600 per player per week, if thats the case then Im sorry but we should/could be getting quality echl players like your tysons, cullens, smiths etc etc......

Thats my poersonal opinion you dont have to like it!!!

Does anybody think an agent wouldnt be usefull with our recruitment???

As for personal recommendation thats all well and good but the coach can do that also..... Get referances from ex coaches, ex players who have played with/against??? How did Steve Thornton do most of his recruitment this summer, speaking to ex coaches etc etc??? Its easy enough to do your homework so dont start on its a personal recommendation crap!!!! :eek:

Rempel16

I think you're taking these responses slightly personally. For me there are both arguments for and against agents/player recommendation.

A player will know exactly what type of player x is as he has the benefit of locker room banter as well as character away from the rink and coaches. (therefore a player can recall more info on a player than a coach or agent)

An agent might claim his player is the ideal fit for a team but is he ruling with his heart (honesty) or his head (more money). Granted a reputation is at stake but i'd bet that teams who have signed flops have still used the same agents again.

On the other hand, an agent can still be beneficial to a club in that they can give a glowing reference to a player and therefore the pool of player sto pick form widens (if that makes sense).

I don't think the Devils name is tarnished entirely anymore though. Was Hartwick a player recommendation? Or Fulton now? Even Prps?

Gazza272

Ih8Sheffield said:
Does anybody think an agent wouldnt be usefull with our recruitment???

As for personal recommendation thats all well and good but the coach can do that also..... Get referances from ex coaches, ex players who have played with/against??? How did Steve Thornton do most of his recruitment this summer, speaking to ex coaches etc etc??? Its easy enough to do your homework so dont start on its a personal recommendation crap!!!! :eek:

there is an agency called sports9 agency i believe we got Likit from that doesnt have a problem using us.

Also i would make a point that Agents would undoutedly be pressing european leagues to pick up their players which any team in the UK would lose out to. where as unattached players would not be so easily 'passed around' as it were.

I also think G is big on the locker room being as important as skill and as such getting personal reccomendations would work better for that sort of thing.

I have no doubt with the New generation in charge our club will have a name of proffessionalism and integrity going forward and any agent would be foolish not to deal with shannon. burge, G etc.

Theres not much point discussing our situation with agents, as fans there's nothing we can do about it and we have already been through it so its quite a pointless discussion. Im sure Burge and G are doing everything they can to rebuild relationships but at the moment they are going to have to the majority of the time rely on player recommendations which IMO isn't a bad thing.