Adam Calder

Rempel16

Thread starter #1
Adam Calder has left his team in Italy.

With Fussey out until February, Coventry seem the obvious team to try and get him back, but I wonder whether Newcastle have enough in the coffers to let Danny Stewart bring his old mate to the North East. Would be great if the Vipers could make that happen!

ASHIPP

Blaze seem the obvious team.Calder has had a good season so far in Italy but perhaps he was unhappy there, or has accepted another offer.. Could it be bye bye to Greg Chambers maybe? Rumoured a few weeks ago that he was in last chance saloon because he hasn't been producing......and still isn't anywhere near last year's form.

Fantastic if the Vipers could afford him - what a lift that would be for them.

Gazza272

ASHIPP said:
Blaze seem the obvious team.Calder has had a good season so far in Italy but perhaps he was unhappy there, or has accepted another offer.. Could it be bye bye to Greg Chambers maybe? Rumoured a few weeks ago that he was in last chance saloon because he hasn't been producing......and still isn't anywhere near last year's form.

Blaze havent got enough bodies to sack Chambers

TheStub

Gazza272 said:
ASHIPP said:

Very true - if they got Calder back, he may end up on D :lol: Mind you, Fussey is a risk now too?

They certainly are looking like a Devils team in terms of luck. ;) Just shows what happens when you play short benched.

kettdevil1

Ger-Devils said:
Thommos twitter

"@thommoblaze: Fussey out for year, Jaeger not so serious! Time for lashings of Speckled Hen!! Really feel for Owen!"
In that case it must be a straight swap - Calder for Fussey

Tad#

Gazza272 said:
ASHIPP said:

At the moment, true. But what worries me is the fact that Chambers is on his first year of a two year contact...

Tad# said:
At the moment, true. But what worries me is the fact that Chambers is on his first year of a two year contact...
I thought he signed a 2 year contract when he signed last year so this would be the 2nd unless he extended it this year?

Fussey has a dual Canadian/GB passport so it is a blow as we always struggle to score goals.

As for Calder, call me an old romantic but in sport they always say never go back. He went out a hero scoring the OT winner in the match to win the title and I'm not sure even he can turn this team into anything close to champions.