Access to the BBT

Tyke Devil

Thread starter #1
I've just been down to the BBT and there is a three way "temporary" traffic control system on the main road to the rink.

Basically half of the access road not in use so traffic controls at each end (one at round-about end and one at rink end) and also one for traffic coming out of the swimming pool car park.

The turning area is now a temporary bus stop as there is no access to the existing bus stop lay-by. Beware parking up anywhere near a temporary bus stop!

On the assumption this will remain in place until past Saturday I would recommend that drivers use the rear access to the BBT car parking areas or use Morrisons, or walk, use a bike, parachute, come by boat etc. etc.

Cheers

TD

A new thread relating to car parking - thought we were going to go a few weeks without one!!

Took son to DCF training the other night and it was a pain then with only a dozen cars around - Saturday will be a nightmare! Water taxi should be re-routed for a few days!!!

Tyke Devil

Thread starter #4
To be fair, nothing has changed re: car parking. Just the way you might want to approach the car parking areas.

You are correct though. I was there at about midday. Only a handful of cars around but you are still sat at one of the traffic signals for 90 seconds or more.

Not so bad when just a few cars, nightmare when there will be a continual stream heading to the BBT. They have got to suspend the "donation" at the front of the BBT otherwise it will just back up and no one will be going anywhere.

Best of luck everyone. ;)

kettdevil1

I know I should know the answer to this but...... Can you park at Morrisons? there isn't either a time restriction or a locked gate?

I wonder how cars queuing on the roundabout will work out? I don't know how many non ice hockey cars use it, but it's going to be a nightmare for any that do. With flats nearby I hope we don't get complaints from the residents.

James

Administrator
Will only be an issue if everyone comes in past the flats not past the front of morrisons which I assume they will do. People in the flats would be able to use the other road unhindered, or cut through morrisons carpark (which is open 24/7) I'd be tempted to ask the council to cone off the road entering the roundabout to prevent people cutting around the back which could possibly then back up to the flats.

youngbob

Is it possible to create access from the bus turn round circle? Cut through, or even as simple as a ramp up and over. That would effectively create a "dual carriageway" using the space that's currently closed off
Issues with pedestrian safety and ownership of that piece of land to look at (council?), but worth a look
There's a temporary bus stop there, which could presumably be moved with Cardiff Bus input

The temporary lights will be outside the rink for at least 14 weeeks so entry to all ice hockey games for the devils will be via the back gate.The gate will be opened at least 2 hours before each game

mazza03

Big Devil said:
The temporary lights will be outside the rink for at least 14 weeks so entry to all ice hockey games for the devils will be via the back gate.The gate will be opened at least 2 hours before each game
It would be nice to have some sort of lighting out there, it's like the black hole of Calcutta whatever that looks like :lol:

If that is where the new rink is going to be what happens when (IF) they start to build????? :DWD

mazza03 said:
Big Devil said:
The temporary lights will be outside the rink for at least 14 weeks so entry to all ice hockey games for the devils will be via the back gate.The gate will be opened at least 2 hours before each game
It would be nice to have some sort of lighting out there, it's like the black hole of Calcutta whatever that looks like :lol:

If that is where the new rink is going to be what happens when (IF) they start to build????? :DWD
We can't have it all ways, once the diggers get in there, there will be even more issues with parking. Disruption was expected and this will probably be just the start, can't make an ommlete without breaking eggs