4pm F/off ...

Foxy

Has anyone actually asked the club if times are changing next season. On holiday so didn’t hear Todd’s comment about f/o times

Last edited:

pjj365

Don't think this Sunday's walk ups getting tickets because fewer (or so it seems) season ticket holders took their seats should be a guide to the future

With the reductions to 11 teams it was accepted that a leauge game had to be paid for but I suspect there was a mini ST holder boycot. The optics (to use a current phrase) were not good. I did not see many complaints about the 666 game. In fact there seemed to be a lot of support. But in contrast the minimal discount for ST holders for this Sunday grated with a number of people.

This was borne out by security as we left Wednesday's game with the usual "see you next game" to Get the reply "quite a few are not coming"

Someone had said in this thread that it is beginning to feel like the "Kelman club". I would dispute that but I certainly do not feel that management have forgotten how to "stroke" their core supporters in favour of future business opportunities

As to 4pm Sunday face offs - I'm all for it being selfish

OJLloyd

Regardless of age group, whether you’ve been there since 1986 or have only watched this season, the Devils don’t exist to serve anyone particular type of fan. Whether you’re a season ticket holder or a newbie, the only interest considered is ‘does this get money in the bank’.
I didn’t go yesterday, and neither did several season ticket holders I know.
Nothing to do with 4 p.m. but more to do with the fact that a lot of us could do with a rest after Belfast.
If you work Sundays, or Fridays, the choice of game time is not to spite you. It’s because they think it would be successful and allow the club to grow. We don’t have money grabbing owners like other teams in the league.
I find it difficult to believe that 30% of our fan base work every Sunday, or that they would consider giving up their season ticket over two or three games, but each to their own.

pjj365

Regardless of age group, whether you’ve been there since 1986 or have only watched this season, the Devils don’t exist to serve anyone particular type of fan. Whether you’re a season ticket holder or a newbie, the only interest considered is ‘does this get money in the bank’.
I didn’t go yesterday, and neither did several season ticket holders I know.
Nothing to do with 4 p.m. but more to do with the fact that a lot of us could do with a rest after Belfast.
If you work Sundays, or Fridays, the choice of game time is not to spite you. It’s because they think it would be successful and allow the club to grow. We don’t have money grabbing owners like other teams in the league.
I find it difficult to believe that 30% of our fan base work every Sunday, or that they would consider giving up their season ticket over two or three games, but each to their own.
It is not that 30% work but that 1 or 2 out of a group do. I know of a family of 7 who are impacted in this way.

And it is not two or three games that concerns these people but a wholesale change making 4pm the norm

I hope the club do not forget that people are buying STs now on the basis of what has gone before

Foxy

Ok spoke to Katrina from sunny Bahamas. Club is aiming for same Saturday/Sunday split as this season with upto 4 4pm faceoffs.

Simples just ask you get the answers

Diablo3

Apologies if I repeat what others have said...

Yes the atmosphere was a little flat yesterday, especially in the 3rd period, for what I see as two reasons, the fact the game was won by then, so not a lot of excitement to get the crowd going and the fact a number of season ticket holders didn't go resulting in a lot of occasional fans in the arena.

I don't think for one minute this was a protest against having an early face off. More likely that especially if you have multiple tickets to pay for, it's an expense you can do without, so a cheaper option is to stream it.

I will, by the way, take any "boring" 6-0 victory at this stage of the season. Bownsy was awesome.

As for 4pm face offs, not bothered. I turned up at 3pm and had no trouble parking even with the Gala. I bet that while the Steelers fans didn't like the result, they appreciated being home 2 hours earlier than normal.

For me, if the Devils run a game at 6am I will still be there.

pjj365

Apologies if I repeat what others have said...

Yes the atmosphere was a little flat yesterday, especially in the 3rd period, for what I see as two reasons, the fact the game was won by then, so not a lot of excitement to get the crowd going and the fact a number of season ticket holders didn't go resulting in a lot of occasional fans in the arena.

I don't think for one minute this was a protest against having an early face off. More likely that especially if you have multiple tickets to pay for, it's an expense you can do without, so a cheaper option is to stream it.

I will, by the way, take any "boring" 6-0 victory at this stage of the season. Bownsy was awesome.

As for 4pm face offs, not bothered. I turned up at 3pm and had no trouble parking even with the Gala. I bet that while the Steelers fans didn't like the result, they appreciated being home 2 hours earlier than normal.

For me, if the Devils run a game at 6am I will still be there.
The family I mentioned were not protesting - simply the time does not work for them taking account drivers/car availability etc.

There was a protest about the pricing - but I don't know how large

And the Belfast trip is relevant - maybe money, maybe liver!

I will be there whatever time but I prefer 4pm

pjj365

Ok spoke to Katrina from sunny Bahamas. Club is aiming for same Saturday/Sunday split as this season with upto 4 4pm faceoffs.

Simples just ask you get the answers
This is fine but the club should remember the fan base - talk to them before they comit to a ST

To do otherwise can only be seen as arrogant and/or money grabbing

Foxy

This is fine but the club should remember the fan base - talk to them before they comit to a ST

To do otherwise can only be seen as arrogant and/or money grabbing
Well Katrina said I was free to post information on forums so I guess the club isn’t trying to hide anything.

If people are concerned about renewing their season tickets then just ask them. They don’t bite

pjj365

The family I mentioned were not protesting - simply the time does not work for them taking account drivers/car availability etc.

There was a protest about the pricing - but I don't know how large

And the Belfast trip is relevant - maybe money, maybe liver!

I will be there whatever time but I prefer 4pm
Stop school/club events bu]We sell out games 7pm on Saturdays, we sell out games 6pm on
Well Katrina said I was free to post information on forums so I guess the club isn’t trying to hide anything.

If people are concerned about renewing their season tickets then just ask them. They don’t bite
Never thought they were trying to hide anything but they should be upfront not leave fans to look for information

Hedd Wyn John

We sell out games 7pm on Saturdays, we sell out games 6pm on Sunday's and the 4pm's are to entice new fans, where are they all going to sit? (Can of worms partially opened )
But do we actually sell out? I mean the row behind me in block 20 is often empty & I usually spot a few empty patches even during so called hell outs. The only time I can actually remember the arena being totally sold out with no visible empty seats was last year’s CC final.

Wannabe2

Very often those are season ticket seats, but due to one thing or another they can’t go. My seats are empty at least 4/5 games per season x3.

RTfarty

I really don't understand what the issue is with a 4pm face off. To suggest it affects attendance or atmosphere is a bit laughable, given this game was a sell out. As most have pointed out, a 6-0 training session is always going to result in a flat atmosphere. For every person that can't make it for a 4pm start, there is someone who can probably do with leaving a 6pm game earlier than the rest.

It's also worth bearing in mind that the most popular and largely attended sport in the country takes place between 12pm and 5pm every weekend, which certainly doesn't affect atmosphere and ticket sales.

Kevlar68

4pm or 6pm I'm happy with either but what I don't get is why people think 4pm will attract new fans. If your interested in starting to watch ice hockey you would go no matter what the time. You don't start following a sport because of the time it starts the interest has to be there first.

Gazza272

4pm or 6pm I'm happy with either but what I don't get is why people think 4pm will attract new fans. If your interested in starting to watch ice hockey you would go no matter what the time. You don't start following a sport because of the time it starts the interest has to be there first.
Your child sees it on TV, wants to go but the options are a 7PM face off or 6PM face off, but your kids bed time is at 8?

Gazza272

Now your comparing Saturday, whys that.?????????
To show that if your a family with a young child, the current face off times on both days are no use to you.

so changing the Sunday one will help people in that situation. It will also hurt others, it's a tough one. I'm lucky I can make both. But Kev was stating that if you were interested in coming you would go no matter what the time, I'm merely pointing out that may not be the case for people with young families.