4 point weekend for Cardiff NIHL1

Thread starter #1
After a great 5-4 win against Solent last night Cardiff travelled to Oxford tonight and secured an excellent 7-3 win. The Cardiff bench was actually bigger than that of the home team. Long may it continue :) :) :)

Was great support at home last night hope to see you all plus more at the next home game on 27th September v MK Thunder at 7pm.

Only £5 a ticket great value to see these boys give it their all for their team :) :D

Fantastic results for the team that have had so many disparaging comments made about them being the whipping boys of NIHL1 this season, by people who want this team to fail.

It just goes to show that some people who think they know it all, don't.

Well done boys - the first of many 4 point weekends.

very good start to the season for a team getting to know and play together,

Nash 2 + 1
raffelli 1
Bradshaw 1
madge 1
shanahan 1 + 1
Haslam 1 + 1
mom Haslam,

i think j hayes was injured and did not ice , well done boys :p

Block 2 Noise Boys said:
Fantastic results for the team that have had so many disparaging comments made about them being the whipping boys of NIHL1 this season, by people who want this team to fail.

That's quite a disappointing comment for me.I for one was worried that this young side would not only struggle but would not match up physically in this league.After three games it's still to early to tell how the season will pan out. I also thought that most had agreed to move on and get behind the boys.I can tell you that for all my concerns I did not want this team to fail.

fried egg said:
Block 2 Noise Boys said:

That's quite a disappointing comment for me.I for one was worried that this young side would not only struggle but would not match up physically in this league.After three games it's still to early to tell how the season will pan out. I also thought that most had agreed to move on and get behind the boys.I can tell you that for all my concerns I did not want this team to fail.
So stop moaning and MOVE ON !!!
The above post says it all ..... You and the others have been proved wrong and you don't like it :RAWK

rogue123 said:
fried egg said:
Block 2 Noise Boys said:

So stop moaning and MOVE ON !!!

The above post says it all ..... You and the others have been proved wrong and you don't like it :RAWK
On the contrary,I am more than happy to be proved wrong,although I don't think I have been yet.I will be there supporting both teams whenever they play on Sunday night.I have to say I find your posts both aggressive and crass. Are you speaking for the players or yourself?

fried egg said:
On the contrary,I am more than happy to be proved wrong,although I don't think I have been yet.I will be there supporting both teams whenever they play on Sunday night.I have to say I find your posts both aggressive and crass. Are you speaking for the players or yourself?
I could not agree more, the concerns expressed by some on this forum regarding the ability of the team to withstand the physical rigours of a full NIHL season were genuine and heartfelt.

So far so good but there's a long way to go. I was prepared to let bygones be bygones and move on after being very annoyed by some of the things that went on on this forum but Rogue 123's crass, seemingly thoughtless posts are likely to turn genuine supporters away rather than heal the rift which has grown between supporters.

Yoda

All support for the guys at games really is welcomed and it was great to see supporters at the home game.
It is early days and comments are respected. Right now the four point weekend has been huge for the players confidence and belief as I hope you will appreciate. I feel sure that whatever the results are as the season progresses this team will have put in the very best performances they can.

Stoke Fan and fried egg
So you find my remarks "crass and aggressive" :lol: Good because its great rubbing your words back at you.
Please dont say they were "heartfelt concerns" because that is an insult to every player in the NIHL teams. What do you think, that they had just learnt to play and all of a sudden they were being chucked in at the deep end :RAWK NO you just wanted to see them fail and get hammered every game.
These guys have been playing hockey since they were kids and have played at every level up to NIHL so they know how long and tough it can be but you wanted to right them off from the start without even giving them a chance, something Cudds used to do.
What about the players that have been playing in this league for years..... oh yeah you didnt expect any of them to sign as Cudds was such a great coach nobody would play for the DCF without him :DWD
Sam Smith has never played at this level before has he :lol: oh yeah must go back to previous point for that answer :DWD
Now if you had been at the game on Saturday you would have seen the team play and would have seen what happens when somebody has a go at one of our players and tries to bully him..... IN JUMPS STEVEOOOOOOOOO or any others on the team because they all stand up for each other and play for each other because even though they wont admit it they to want to ram your previous posts where the sun dont shine.
So what you call crass and aggressive comments is what i would expect from someone who has posted comments about a team they didnt give a hope for but that team has so far proved you wrong in every way and are getting praise put on them by, not only Cardiff fans but a lot of other fans through out the league :D
And yes i take great delight in ridiculing every sly post you have both put on here and am laughing at you both choking on your comments that you previously made.
You know what the saying is .... IF YOU CANT TAKE IT DONT GIVE IT :RAWK

Yoda said:
All support for the guys at games really is welcomed and it was great to see supporters at the home game.
It is early days and comments are respected. Right now the four point weekend has been huge for the players confidence and belief as I hope you will appreciate. I feel sure that whatever the results are as the season progresses this team will have put in the very best performances they can.
Good comment Yoda :D
See i can leave nice posts :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm guessing NIHL games must be really welcoming based on the posts from those close to the team. I want to rush out and be a part of the welcoming community being portrayed here.

Now a sensible post from me.
Now while they may not win the league this team will show everyone that they are more than capable of playing at this level and if you came to watch them play you would see that they are a team of talented individuals who play to their strengths and give their all each shift, game after game. They didnt want what had happened to happen, but it has, all they want is to play hockey for the team where most of them have played all their career. So if all the fans who wrote them off before they even started just left what has happened previously and really want to watch a team who play a good style of hockey and compete to the final buzzer then go and watch them play then make your comments about them BUT base them on THIS team and dont compare them to previous teams. Give them the chance to show what they can do before you write them off and you might just be impressed, as were the ones who have watched them so far :)

bluedevil said:
I'm guessing NIHL games must be really welcoming based on the posts from those close to the team. I want to rush out and be a part of the welcoming community being portrayed here.
I aint close to the team just enjoy a good game of hockey and dont believe in writing somebody off without giving them a chance :D

TheStub

rogue123 said:
But yeah if you want to watch a good game of hockey go down and judge for yourself
I think you need to look at your interactions, as at the moment you may be the most damaging thing to the NIHL setup.

People are allowed different views to you. You are allowed to debate, but please stop with these puerile rants. Do it for the good of the organisation you claim to be supporting at the very least.

Does anyone know who this guy rogue 123 is ? Is it a coincidence there is a guy on twitter called Therogue1987 having a go at Todd Kelman (Belfast fan)? It was only a while ago that rogue 123 was having a pop at Steveooooooooo's dad on here a guy that has done loads for the Devils from the Jnr's to the Elite.