3rd August

lloyd_jeff

On the plus side… all this revenue from the new brand and the ice pad looking like it’s been shat on by a bird thats eaten a large bag of skittles means we’ll be seeing some serious talent in Cardiff. That “first line talent on our third line” is now a reality. I look forward to seeing the talent being brought in.
Trophies galore, not the CC Cup, let’s win leagues, playoffs and advance within European competitions. After all Steve came to Cardiff and announced money wasn’t an issue & the point was to win. Ball is firmly in their court.

lloyd_jeff

I did a cheeky edit of what the jersey would look like with the old logo.. I really like how it looks.
From a fan looking at a product, not a marketing expert, just a punter deciding whether or not I’d pay stupid money for it. No, both are bad, the old one is dated, the new one is plain and also old looking. Just a Google search comes up with some far better version, can they be done for marketing purposes, no idea, l don’t work for a small time company working out of a residential street in Roath, so no idea what I’m talking about, l just look at other sports businesses logos.

hip check

I can't say I dislike it, it's certainly different but I'm coming down to watch some hockey and a different logo won't spoil my evening, I had more evenings spoilt last season by under performing players and coaches so this big kerfuffle regarding what our shirts look like won't effect my enjoyment or lack of it on a hockey night especially when Riley Brandt does one of his special 'get to know you' hits.
I've been supporting 'Devils' since season one so have seen all the various logos but can't say any of them have affected my enjoyment one iota.

lloyd_jeff

In the long term this won’t effect anything, or will it. I guess people will find out, it’s like lots of changes, initially there’s little impact, it all of course depends on what the end goal is. Just remember, when you grow a business, the golden ticket is supply & demand, that dictates price. What this has demonstrated is the Devils family, we’re fans blah blah from the owners was just PR lies.

RedDevil17

Total bollocks. Marketing spin and utter nonsense. You changed the logo and you want us to love it. Some do, it seems the majority don’t but the reality is… you don’t care and why would you? We’re a seat, a season ticket, an income. If we don’t like it or want to walk away then it doesn’t matter as there’s another person to be that seat, that season ticket and that income. We all know this, we’re all comfortable with this, it’s a transactional relationship dressed up as some sort of “family” and “fan centric” nonsense, we all know this yet you still treated me/us like dickheads. The logo sucks. It’s embarrassing.

Still go back to Ryan Reynolds walking into Wrexham and saying “that logo needs changing, it needs to be a brand we can market”. Just wouldn’t happen and didn’t happen.

What a cock up.
Absolutely spot on

lloyd_jeff

I said this as soon as I seen their name on the ice‍♂️
Paul and Todd are very good friends who negotiated an amicable sale of the Devils, how deep & how far that relationship goes, I’m not going to speculate on here, it certainly isn’t the hatred felt by fans…..
Paul currently is involved in a new investment company.