3 On 3 O/T

Thread starter #1
I've noticed the NHL are changing to 3 on 3 O/T, Do you think the EIHL would follow suit? And if so, Would you welcome the change? (I know we don't like change but that's already been discussed ;) ) For the record I'd quite like to see us go for 3 on 3, It would definitley make o/t that bit more exciting.

zoesdevil

I would love the EIHL to change to 3 on 3 OT! It would make for exciting play, more space, more scoring opportunities & less chance of the dreaded penalty shots!!

jenks33

I think its a good idea. Saying that though i really fancy us to have a good penalty shots record next season with morissette and doucet in our line up

stewie griffin said:
I've noticed the NHL are changing to 3 on 3 O/T, Do you think the EIHL would follow suit? And if so, Would you welcome the change? (I know we don't like change but that's already been discussed ;) ) For the record I'd quite like to see us go for 3 on 3, It would definitley make o/t that bit more exciting.
Excellent question. Hadn't considered any trickle down effect to the EIHL of the 3 on 3 OT change in the NHL. I too would like to see this introduced, there have been rave reviews around it in the AHL (although they had a slightly different 7 min OT format last year). Would definitely add excitement in my view.

Gaz G

Special teams are very important in this game. I'd say Lordo has expected it to carry on 4 on 4 and has probably planned for that. To change it this late may impact on weeks of work and consideration.