2021/22 Roster - Rumours/Predictions

jenks33

Thread starter #301
EIHL rumours account on twitter is saying Ben O’Connor to the Devils. Interesting one. It might be rubbish but he seems to get most of them right

moggy#9

EIHL rumours account on twitter is saying Ben O’Connor to the Devils. Interesting one. It might be rubbish but he seems to get most of them right
I was just about to comment on this. It would seem an odd signing as I'm kind of expecting us to sign an offensive import defenseman, though it could be a succession signing for when Richie retires.

jenks33

Thread starter #303
O’Connor would worry me a bit. Great option on the PP but he really seemed to struggle defensively during his last couple of years in Sheffield. Once again tho I’m happy to trust Jarrod and Todd on that one

moggy#9

O’Connor would worry me a bit. Great option on the PP but he really seemed to struggle defensively during his last couple of years in Sheffield. Once again tho I’m happy to trust Jarrod and Todd on that one
Based on his GB performance I'd prefer tetlow, but neither is a fournier or jardine.

zoesdevil

He was rumoured to be signing with us last season but I’m not sure if that’s because he follows so many Devils and EIHL related accounts on Social Media.
His wife does have welsh links so there could be something in it. As you said I think he would be a decent signing, 120 games in the AHL and plenty of experience in Europe. His stats in Slovakia stand out for me and that wasn’t too long ago.
His numbers may well have dropped slightly due to a different role on the team, hopefully if he does sign i think he would put up decent numbers in this league.

jenks33

Thread starter #306
His numbers may well have dropped slightly due to a different role on the team, hopefully if he does sign i think he would put up decent numbers in this league.
Yeah he looks like a player that would do well in the EIHL. He looks better suited to the British game rather than say Scandinavia. Plenty of experience in North America and Europe and still only 31

jenks33

Thread starter #308
Can't see it myself. Be like Richie signing for the Orange
Difference being we want to keep Richie where as Ben was surplus to requirements at Sheffield. It’s probably less controversial for him to sign for Cardiff than Nottingham, even if Nottingham is a lot easier for him location wise.

Devil94

I think it would be silly to turn down O'Connor if he was available.

Yes he does have his questionable defensive moments, but a brit d-man going at nearly a point a game last few years is so valuable. Gives us an extra point scoring forward too.

I would be upset if Myers didn't come back, but from purely a hockey point of view, Davies and O'Connor together is a big upgrade.

jenks33

Thread starter #313
I think it would be silly to turn down O'Connor if he was available.

Yes he does have his questionable defensive moments, but a brit d-man going at nearly a point a game last few years is so valuable. Gives us an extra point scoring forward too.

I would be upset if Myers didn't come back, but from purely a hockey point of view, Davies and O'Connor together is a big upgrade.
What would you say the likely pairings would be?

Register - Richardson

Mikkelson - O’Connor

Louis - Batch

osh

Wannabe2
This organisation only has to do what it is doing, forget the 1 in a thousand, if you dont you have problem, for every 1 that has a mental diffiferency, there is 1000 that is big time happy with what’s happening. Please don’t focus on the moronic few, they will always be wandering in the abyss, focus on the folk that are you, me , them, and us.

Osh ; surely you aren’t suggesting that those - such as myself - who have simply stated that they are not too impressed with the signings this far are “morons with mental deficiencies who will always be wandering in the abyss”. Perhaps I have misread who your statement is aimed at, and if you don’t mind me saying your description is way over the top.

Wannabe, both myself - and I feel Ejercito Rojas - would hope you have had the time to analyse your comment made regarding ‘The moronic few, wandering in the abyss etc etc’ which seemed to be aimed at those not agreeing with your way of thinking or simply not being that impressed with our signing up to date. Can you please explain exactly what you meant ? Am I one of the Moronic few in your opinion for disagreeing with you ? I repeat that I felt your comment was way over the top, inappropriate and far from the word you like to mention so often i.e ‘classy’ !