2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

Have Hope#35

RTfarty said:
MattHuskie said:
This guy from Tilburg might be worth a look as a gritty 4th liner with some size and some scoring.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=16692
Can't see a player of this calibre coming over to play 4th line hockey. 27 years of age, proven points scorer and has captained club and country.
Tilburg are Germany 3 though so he may have more ambition than that... We'll see just how good they are soon! He's big and physical but has a very limited Fight Card (not that I think that's essential).

Re: 2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

Have Hope#35 said:
jimmy snels said:
SEAN O'CONNOR is a big guy who plays a strong physical game and holds a german passport?
I just came across him too... Looks decent, he'd do a job: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=15249
He's been a class act for years, consistently around the DEL and putting it points for years

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Devil94

From that interview, my prediction is that the only player that will sign before the season is Ben Davies, then maybe an import to come in around January like with Russell, Tahtinen, Fournier etc.

Well who is lying then??
Kelman said Davies is a maybe but we could also start the season short.
King say there still looking for a tough forward.
Lord says we are looking for someone with a eu passport.

Sign a player please guys don't start the season short??

bdevil

Maybe no-one is? They are looking for a tough forward (King) with an EU passport (Lord) but if the right guy doesn't come along we may start the season short (Kelman). Davies could be a maybe whether we sign an EU import or not.

Rabbitohs4 said:
Well who is lying then??

:DWD Bit harsh, perhaps they are just keeping their options open and nothing cast in stone?............hardly lying

James

Administrator
Rabbitohs4 said:
Well who is lying then??

All 3 could be true

ASHIPP

Rabbitohs4 said:
Well who is lying then??

Todd actually says they could sign a EU passport player OR a Brit.

That's a good point. I'd actually got sucked in to feeling that we need everything in place in the next 2 weeks.
Actually we don't. It would be nice, but taking the squad we have into pre season and adding the right guy in a month or even 2 or 3 months time should actually be fine

There really is no rush and if there aren't the right guys out there right now, maybe after pre seasons and training camps there wll be.

zoesdevil

terry hunt said:
I think there are some mind games going on here the EIHL post may be posted for others clubs

benefit.
Was thinking this, as if what people say are true that we were pipped at the post to signing of Rosehill, then perhaps Todd just wants to keep a low down on players he's talking to or interested in.

I been watching clips of bentoviglio and ulmer and I am very impressed!
Some of there touches and vision etc are of a high quality. Bentoviglio scored against clan 2 years ago.
They both scored in a playoff against Russian side in the continental cup.

They must be on the same line and I hope it's the first line too

Gazza272

zoesdevil said:
terry hunt said:
I think there are some mind games going on here the EIHL post may be posted for others clubs

benefit.
Was thinking this, as if what people say are true that we were pipped at the post to signing of Rosehill, then perhaps Todd just wants to keep a low down on players he's talking to or interested in.

Does Rosehill have an EU passport? if not i can't really see how we were pipped to his signing like some are suggesting.

as soon as Hervato left then the Rosehill deal would have had to have died. Braehead then had a clear run at him.