2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

ASHIPP

august04 said:
KaneDevils said:
Keefe to devils!

Hot News
He's past his best but I think I'd still take Keefe at the Devils. Not so keen on the Lloyd/Ganzak rumours though (or Scarsella, Sisca for that matter), hope we're aiming higher than these and they don't happen.
I am looking forward to seeing the new player signings for our team this offseason. Hopefully the club will cast it's net wide to find the right players, exciting and new to the league. They have the infrastructure to do that and have done already bringing in Gleason Fournier who has been excellent.
And Ryan Russell, of course, although unsure he is tied in with Devils for next season?

I don't always believe that a player who has had a stellar season for one club in the Elite League will go on to do the same the following season with another in the same league. Obviously injuries play their part and fan expectation but inter-club transfers aren't always successful.

Welshy74

Didnt Russell say he was only staying until the end of the season to keep match fit hoping for a contract in a higher league????

Devil94

Welshy74 said:
Didnt Russell say he was only staying until the end of the season to keep match fit hoping for a contract in a higher league????
Haven't heard him say that but wouldn't surprise me, and can't blame him. With his pedigree and quality of performances for us he can easily play a higher league.

Although, I think I heard the original reason why he contacted the Devils was to play next season here. So I'm not sure.

Ocko

I like Russell and wouldn't be at all disappointed if he came back. But IMO, he would find it hard in a higher league and I would be very surprised to see him in a top European league or AHL.

There is always a reason why players don't get signed or make it in a higher league. He is a good player at EIHL level, which is about right for him at the moment.

Finny

Devil94 said:
Welshy74 said:
Haven't heard him say that but wouldn't surprise me, and can't blame him. With his pedigree and quality of performances for us he can easily play a higher league.

Although, I think I heard the original reason why he contacted the Devils was to play next season here. So I'm not sure.
That's how I remember it too. Russell's brother contacted our owners about the possibility of Ryan playing for us next year. The owners then offered him the chance of joining for the rest of the season, and hoped we could convince him to stay even longer.

James

Administrator
fried egg said:
Elite prospects twitter;
Rumour: @tomaskurka91 from @cardiffdevils to @steelershockey in the @officialEIHL... Anyone knows anything?
In all fairness they might be referencing comments on this thread :)

Temme

Personally can't see Keefe here next year & think he's passed his best, wouldn't want him as it would occupy a position where I hope we can make a real statement.

I like Lloyd as a player - a real snake of a player and the kind that teams absolutely hate to play against. Can't see him here though.

zoesdevil

Wannabe2 said:
Daryl Lloyd 8 goals from 57 games, no thank you, Keefe at one time yes yes please, now no thanks we can do better.
Agreed, compared to what we had this season, in Martin, Culligan & Hervato there is no way I'd want him!!

Out of curiosit, how many of you would want Hervato back, I love him as a player, but think he seemed to lose his way slightly towards end of season (not the only one), but his points this season were 1 point down on last season & Lord expected him to get 20+ goals & got nowhere near that, I myself would like to see him back here another season, as he's a grinder, gets under opposition's skin & has lightning sleed!?!

Temme

zoesdevil said:
Wannabe2 said:
Daryl Lloyd 8 goals from 57 games, no thank you, Keefe at one time yes yes please, now no thanks we can do better.
Agreed, compared to what we had this season, in Martin, Culligan & Hervato there is no way I'd want him!!

Out of curiosit, how many of you would want Hervato back, I love him as a player, but think he seemed to lose his way slightly towards end of season (not the only one), but his points this season were 1 point down on last season & Lord expected him to get 20+ goals & got nowhere near that, I myself would like to see him back here another season, as he's a grinder, gets under opposition's skin & has lightning sleed!?!
Hervato is a great penalty killer, good agitator.

If Hervato was re-signed I would certainly be happy, however also agree that it is an area we can improve on. He's only young and not at the peak in his career yet!

I suspect if we keep him and build a line around his work-rate he can easily hit 20 goals and a point a game. There is very little missing to his current game though.

jimmy snels

Speaking of which any ideas what mac is up to now days? Always thought he'd resume a hockey career of some sort after his year at uni. At least I've never heard him announce his retirement