2015 Challenge Cup Banner.

No Ceremony yet for this - thought it would have been great to do that when the Squeelers came down at the end of the season.

Possibly we'll wait until we go to the new Arena before it's done. Could be combined with the retirement ceremony for shirt number 26 - still waiting for that too

august04

I'm hoping we can get new banners made, same style, to replace all the existing ones and the retired jerseys, when we move into IAW.

youngbob

august04 said:
I'm hoping we can get new banners made, same style, to replace all the existing ones and the retired jerseys, when we move into IAW.
Why would you want to replace them? They're part of the history of the club, it's not like redecorating your house or buying a new car.

august04

youngbob said:
august04 said:
Why would you want to replace them? They're part of the history of the club, it's not like redecorating your house or buying a new car.
Well we're not redecorating but we're moving house! Frankly, I think they look tired. Moving into a new facility, get them replaced with new banners with a uniform design. This is the ideal opportunity to give them a fresh look.

Something like these would look great in the new building
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BzX_QEjCEAAGsf1.jpg
http://www.flagkingsports.com/fks_shop/ ... %20All.jpg

pjj365

august04 said:
youngbob said:
august04 said:
Well we're not redecorating but we're moving house! Frankly, I think they look tired. Moving into a new facility, get them replaced with new banners with a uniform design. This is the ideal opportunity to give them a fresh look.

Something like these would look great in the new building
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BzX_QEjCEAAGsf1.jpg
http://www.flagkingsports.com/fks_shop/ ... %20All.jpg
When you move house it is nice to have some old home comforts to help settle in. Also it's not just comfort but keeping the family history going

On the other hand if there is a bigger space to fill then a change might be right. Alteratively stick with the current design and just win more trophies to fill the space

My vote would be for the history approach

I would like to see new banners go up in the new barn, then keep the old banners to put up in the bar. I would love to see a proper hockey bar with jerseys and memorabilia, similar to Rockies in Belfast...

pjj365

douchen91 said:
I would like to see new banners go up in the new barn, then keep the old banners to put up in the bar. I would love to see a proper hockey bar with jerseys and memorabilia, similar to Rockies in Belfast...
+1

ASHIPP

Am sure when they name and open Brad's Bar at the .new rink that is exactly what they will do.
;)
The public bar at the Saddledome (home of the Flames) in Calgary is a great model for this.
;)

mazza03

douchen91 said:
+1

Koop11

I still feel the CC banner should have gone up asap after winning it. Even if that was against Sheffield the next day.

The banner going up over 6 months later and into new season loses its sense of occasion.

Going into the new rink, if their in scope to create new banners to replace the existing ones then I am all for it.

jimmy snels

Koop11 said:
I still feel the CC banner should have gone up asap after winning it. Even if that was against Sheffield the next day.

The banner going up over 6 months later and into new season loses its sense of occasion.

Going into the new rink, if their in scope to create new banners to replace the existing ones then I am all for it.
Agree totally

drainage

youngbob said:
august04 said:
Agree with you ! If we re wrote history to keep things clean and pristine Cardiff Castle would look like a Wimpy new build house now ! We need to keep hold of the old banners in my view........

Ocko

I'm probably edging towards new banners. The old ones would just look too out of place in IAW. I'm sure a home somewhere like the bar for the old ones would be a nice compromise.

august04

drainage said:
youngbob said:
august04 said:
Agree with you ! If we re wrote history to keep things clean and pristine Cardiff Castle would look like a Wimpy new build house now ! We need to keep hold of the old banners in my view........
Hasn't Cardiff Castle been rebuilt many times? Most of the Castle is much more pristine than the Roman walls that can be seen also. They probably have some older parts of the castle in museums there too. Nobody is talking about re-writing Devils history. The achievement is whats written on the banner not the banner itself. Those achievements won't be forgotten. But the banners need refreshing, just my opinion, and this is the perfect time to do it.