2014 GB squad

ASHIPP

Well done Josh. Show them why you deserve to be there.

Am relieved that Christiansen acknowledges that it's time to start feeding in the next class of young British players. Crucial transitition from 'old guard' to new in the next few years as long serving players retire from international level.

Sheincar

Stolen from THF:

From twitter:
Good news...the @IIHFHockey World Championships including @TeamGBicehockey games will be on Premier for the next 4 years.

Ocko

Great news all round for GB. Also great to see Christianson has not gone for some of the old part timers in the EPL that Hand used to go for. There are some good, talented young players in the EIHL and it's good that it's finally being recognised.

How players like Jamieson got picked ahead of Batchy last year is unbelievable.

wildthing74

Only 2 years too late but better late than never.Even in his first season with us he had done enough to at least be considered as let's face it 6'4 Brit D that can play are hardly in big supply.

It's pleasing to see that list has grown to the point where most if not all defiantly have earned a shot.Other than Venus who I think maybe is a year or two too soon that is a very strong looling squad of players.Guys like Swindlehurst,Heywood and especially Griffin have improved so much and thankfully the league is at a point where all teams are giving the Brits a chance.

Ocko

Obviously I know the Giants are crap at developing youngsters but if they were to finally produce someone good enough for team GB would they play for GB or the Irish National team? Because I am sure that the Irish team is not just the Republic.

Not a single player in the squad has been developed by the Giants, that is poor. Even their kit guy is Welsh!