2012/13 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

jimmy snels

voth26 said:
Hynod said:
Logan Stevenson, Eric Giosa and Hugh Jessiman to Devils.
Is Hugh Jessiman the guy who finally made the nhl after something like 9yrs of trying!!!! if it's him i seem to remember not many people wanting him. im sure someone will enlighten me
"a jessiman" is still used to discribe a disasterous use of a draft pick 9yrs later!
what i would say tho is that i would take logan stevenson... a big stay at home D man not affraid to drop the gloves. however im hoping G's meeting with paul regan means we're having weller back on D and tylor back where he belongs! :D

osh

voth26 said:
I wouldnt mind seeing vdv back in a devils shirt for next season :Banana :Banana

Well, as the title of the topic is Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted, I'll file the above in the latter category.

voth26

osh said:
voth26 said:
I wouldnt mind seeing vdv back in a devils shirt for next season :Banana :Banana

Well, as the title of the topic is Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted, I'll file the above in the latter category.
And why would you want to do that osh!!!!!!, is it because you dont like vdv or because it's not a rumour?

I would also like to see VDV back next year. It wouldn't suprise me if it happened as he said in an interview he would be interested in returning next year.

Gazza272

Gaz G said:
Have you ever heard a player say he doesnt want to come back in an interview?

Lots of times. Ususally guys say 'we'll see what happens in the summer' VDV's seemed a lot more positive than most I've read.

Gaz G said:
Have you ever heard a player say he doesnt want to come back in an interview?
No, but he might give a "I'm keeping my options open" or
"I'm undecided, lets see what happens" type of answer.
I think he'll be back and I hope he does !
Our PP has to dramatically improve next season and VDV will help
that happen. :p

Gaz G

Dont think he'll be back myself. Think G will be looking for some new blood. Time will tell and im usually wrong but im hoping for an experienced ahl player to come in to replace either frank or vdv.

osh

voth26 said:
osh said:
voth26 said:

And why would you want to do that osh!!!!!!, is it because you dont like vdv or because it's not a rumour?

It's because I feel it would be absolute nonsense to bring him back. We've lost Richie by the looks of things, we aren't going to sign 2 more import D men I wouldn't think, so, As we already have 5 confirmed imports, I feel that we will only be bringing in 1 more import D. I don"t think VDV is the type of player we need to compliment a D that already has Batch, the 2 Smiths and G (addVDV to that line up and it won't frighten anyone) We should be looking at a higher profile D man who can protect his team mates if required, be able to clear out the D to assist Osaer, and be able to close down the opposing forwards better than VDV did last season. I would also hope we bring in another Brit who will play on D when needed.

James

Administrator
I'd be happy to see VDV back but you make a very good point Osh. If we have dropped an import D man in favour of Osaer, and loose Richardson we'd need someone very very good to make up the difference.

Not a rumour, just a thought.

If Meyers is heading to Sheffield because he doesn't want to move his family (fair enough), then that gives them a lot of Brits. However, they haven't re-signed Mark Thomas yet. Perhaps he'll be moving on to Giants, who are a Brit down due to Dowd going? Just a thought...:/

Tad# said:
Not a rumour, just a thought.

If Meyers is heading to Sheffield because he doesn't want to move his family (fair enough), then that gives them a lot of Brits. However, they haven't re-signed Mark Thomas yet. Perhaps he'll be moving on to Giants, who are a Brit down due to Dowd going? Just a thought...:/
We are actually a brit up at the moment Towe and Phillips have replaced Dowd, I expect Smurf to re-sign and we may keep Hutchinson though i doubt it.

Finny

osh said:
It's because I feel it would be absolute nonsense to bring him back. We've lost Richie by the looks of things, we aren't going to sign 2 more import D men I wouldn't think, so, As we already have 5 confirmed imports, I feel that we will only be bringing in 1 more import D. I don"t think VDV is the type of player we need to compliment a D that already has Batch, the 2 Smiths and G (addVDV to that line up and it won't frighten anyone) We should be looking at a higher profile D man who can protect his team mates if required, be able to clear out the D to assist Osaer, and be able to close down the opposing forwards better than VDV did last season. I would also hope we bring in another Brit who will play on D when needed.
If we only have 1 import Dman left to sign, then I agree with you and would want it to be a big imposing player with AHL experience.
However, there is the possibility that with Richie going we could go for another import Dman, especially as we have signed a lot of british forwards (plus hopefully Hilly).

New Dman - Kenton
VDV - Mark
Batch

Max - Import - McKenzie?
Hill - Import (Stu?) - Import (Enforcer)
Harding - Ben - G

Does McKenzie prefer left wing or right? Maybe we could even put Harding on that 1st line like we did with Sample that one season?

osh

Sorry, I don't see it lining up that way at all. I see G playing more on D with the signing of a higher profile import D plus we will still need another Brit D

Osaer

New import - Smith
Batch - Smith
G - new Brit...........or any combo of the above

I can't say I'm happy to see McKenzie on our 1st line either. I would hope for something like

Max - import C - import W
Hill? - Import - import
McKenzie - Ben - Harding.... Or any combo of the above (except McK as a 1st liner) plus adding our other Brits when necessary

Gazza272

osh said:
Sorry, I don't see it lining up that way at all. I see G playing more on D with the signing of a higher profile import D plus we will still need another Brit D

Osaer

New import - Smith
Batch - Smith
G - new Brit...........or any combo of the above

I can't say I'm happy to see McKenzie on our 1st line either. I would hope for something like

Max - import C - import W
Hill? - Import - import
McKenzie - Ben - Harding.... Or any combo of the above (except McK as a 1st liner) plus adding our other Brits when necessary
We dont need another brit D at all for me. We can more than adequatly run with 5 D men given Batchs form of last year.

We were spoilt on D last year with him. Without him we would have run with 5 easily.

third line will be

Mckenzie - Piggot - Harding

with ben moving up to the second, hardly worrying. I have a bad feeling about this season, come on G let's get phil signed before it's too late !

Gaz G

I'm sure Phil will sign. I'm also an optimistic that Richie still hasn't actually left. I'm sure the club would have put something out there telling us if he had gone.