2012/13 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

jimmy snels

i think with piggot studying in cardiff we'd be mad not to! he played with some real heart and as a 10th/11th forward id be happy to see him back. Incidently i wonder if we might see 4 line hockey with a fully fit team next season?!?! thats the rumour i heard..... id guess a line with harding/piggot/smith wold be a good relief line?

Gazza272

skippy said:
Let's hope that isnt so.

Will be interesting to see where and who Belfast throw money at to replace Dowd..

Davey Phillips is available. Something tells me he has only really settled well in Belfast, could be where he is headed next.

Replacing Dowd will be next to impossible, Think we might end up going for Philips, and taking a chance on a young British forward in the EPL, like we did with Peacock.

But I would say Doug has already made his move to try and replace him.

Why.. ?

Dave Phillips was great last time in Belfast... and Ferrara could be the next Peacock..

No matter who we sign we will still be competitive and challenging for trophies next season, which is all you can ask for..

oneill said:
Why.. ?

Dave Phillips was great last time in Belfast... and Ferrara could be the next Peacock..

No matter who we sign we will still be competitive and challenging for trophies next season, which is all you can ask for..
He may well have been great last time he was a Giants player but last season he was truly awful for Blaze.

maybe gareth roberts will get more ice time in belfast , just got voted best forward in world championships div 3 in turkey , also top scored 7 goals ,and top assists 7 for team ireland worth a chance maybe !!

ASHIPP

oneill said:
Why.. ?

There is no doubt that Christiansen has an eye for players with great potential. Didn't Ferrara play at the Panthers for while....but Neilson didn't give him a lot of ice time?

Dave Phillips was THE top British defenceman when at the Giants last time. Think it's true that good team spirit and playing with the right combination can elevate a players game. Never felt Phillips had that at Blaze last season. He always seemed to be looking for a greater challenge.

ASHIPP

Latest rumours around the League:

Jonathan Weaver to Panthers
Stephen Lee (Panthers) to North America

Steelers to announce a new British addition...speculation it's Stevie

Blaze new signing announcement immenent....speculation it's Sam :(