16/17 jersey

ASHIPP

I would expect the green one to be worn for warmups....or one-off games.

Get the feeling the photo is showing the unfinished article......the main sponsor will be on top of the script writing which perhaps is why that appears smaller than usual.

I like the fact the Devils have tried something different....my only moan is that recognition of '30 years' of history could have been included in the scroll underneath the script on the front.

Mooney#16

Do you think they are coming back as sponsors. It could all be a cryptic joke!

Then again Todd and Corky have probably just pulled off one of the best fancy dress costumes in hockey history.

Electro

pjj365 said:
Interesting responses

On here predominantly negative on Twiter predominantly positive

Oh well can't please all the people etc.

I believe the negative ones are being deleted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ASHIPP said:
I would expect the green one to be worn for warmups....or one-off games.

Get the feeling the photo is showing the unfinished article......the main sponsor will be on top of the script writing which perhaps is why that appears smaller than usual.

I like the fact the Devils have tried something different....my only moan is that recognition of '30 years' of history could have been included in the scroll underneath the script on the front.[/quote

Don't think your feeling is right the red shirt was on sale in shop last night as seen.

So no main sponsor this year!

Electro

The font is all wrong.

If your intention is to represent Wales, our heritage and our history then do it using a design that represents those three.

Maybe a Celtic font, stick the words Cardiff Devils in Welsh and pick the actual colour tones of the Welsh. Maybe mix up the colours on each shirt, add some yellow.

To me there just weird looking, cheap and have more North American influence than European or Welsh.

Does our 30th yr shirts really have to be old school boring.

Devil_Abroad

Electro said:
The font is all wrong.

If your intention is to represent Wales, our heritage and our history then do it using a design that represents those three.

Maybe a Celtic font, stick the words Cardiff Devils in Welsh and pick the actual colour tones of the Welsh. Maybe mix up the colours on each shirt, add some yellow.

To me there just weird looking, cheap and have more North American influence than European or Welsh.

Does our 30th yr shirts really have to be old school boring.

Think you'll find some don't agree. We all have different tastes. I'm willing to wait until we're into the season before opting either way, or even being neutral.

Thread starter #71
From what I have been told these are the finished article. And there will be no main shirt sponsor on the front this year. Also electro you said they look cheap. I have seen a couple of prototypes that the Devils were sent and they were even more shocking and looked really cheap. By the sounds of it Todd was questioning about going down the printed route instead of stitched. That would have made them look really cheap so I am glad they have stuck with the traditional stitched jersey.

As I said before I would much prefer the crest on the front but I am hoping that these grow on us once we see them on the ice and in person.

Electro

I fully accept everyone's tastes differ.

The fact that negative comments have been removed from Twitter and the majority of fans writing on the subject don't like them, would suggest it's more than taste.

At least the revenue from shirt sales is peanuts and we have owners with cash.

jimmy snels

Kipper said:
jimmy snels said:
I still cant work out how anyone actually likes it :lol:
Luckily none of us care what you think then
Had a few too many hay kipper? :roll: these are hanging and you can try to shoot me down or discredit posters but reality is there's a huge amount of fans who litrally hate these shirts. Other clubs fans are litrally laughing at us!! Let todd know when you see him if you could :Ninja

Finny

Electro said:
I fully accept everyone's tastes differ.

The fact that negative comments have been removed from Twitter and the majority of fans writing on the subject don't like them, would suggest it's more than taste.

At least the revenue from shirt sales is peanuts and we have owners with cash.

You've stated twice now that negative comments are being deleted.

How do you delete other people's comments on Twitter?

august04

Finny, I stated it also and it's absolutely true. I don't use Twitter so I can't tell you how it's done but I checked the Devils feed last night and it was full of overwhelmingly negative comments about the new jerseys. This morning, only a couple of negative tweets remained, so they were deleted by someone, no doubt about it.

Isn't it the same font (or close to) the Panthers "retro" jersey had not long ago? Thinking about it, haven't Dundee just started doing that too? Fife already have it.

Getting a little off topic with this, but I've seen a comment saying "change is good" and it's infuriating that people still think that about things in life. No, change is only ever good, when the changes being made have been thought out and all known variables have been considered. Change for changes sake or to "freshen things up" are what stupid people blindly believe.

As for the jerseys, if we could, I'd head back to the style we had in 07-09. Loved the look of those.

august04 said:
Finny, I stated it also and it's absolutely true. I don't use Twitter so I can't tell you how it's done but I checked the Devils feed last night and it was full of overwhelmingly negative comments about the new jerseys. This morning, only a couple of negative tweets remained, so they were deleted by someone, no doubt about it.
Probably by muting then unmuting. It "disconnects" replies made by said people.

pjj365

august04 said:
I'm not disputing the claim even though I find it strange

But I can't reconcille "I don't use Twitter ...... but I checked.. "