16/17 jersey

Devil94

Personally I think they're great. Nice to have something different, the last two seasons have been very similar. Will defo get one, and it sounds the auctions will be cheaper this year :D

First impressions not great, hoping they will grow on me. Sounds like Todd and the team looked at a few designs and struggled to come up with a design they were all happy with. If we're going retro then why not have the old Devils badge with the wording around it.

Colours are good though, i like the string at the top and the reference to Caerdydd

It's going to be bumper year, great roster, great preseason, Voths shirt retirement, the game for Matzka. The Devils team have put this all together, they're allowed a little blip

august04

Bails77 said:
First impressions not great, hoping they will grow on me. Sounds like Todd and the team looked at a few designs and struggled to come up with a design they were all happy with. If we're going retro then why not have the old Devils badge with the wording around it.

Colours are good though, i like the string at the top and the reference to Caerdydd

It's going to be bumper year, great roster, great preseason, Voths shirt retirement, the game for Matzka. The Devils team have put this all together, they're allowed a little blip
Kelman thinks they're the best shirts ever :DWD
They're not allowed a blip on something as fundamental as the jerseys. If people don't buy them because they don't like them (as seems to be the feeling on this thread so far), then that's money lost for the club. They might just get away with the red one, that's not bad but I hope the green one never sees the light of day, absolutely awful shirt.

rocketbob

I will wait to see the shirts in person before making my final decision but on initial viewing, I am not inclined to purchase any of them and I was really looking forward to getting one this year.
Also, there is some possibility that negative comments relating to the shirts being removed from the Devil's Twitter feed.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Have Hope#35

I quite like the Red one and would personally avoid the Green... I think they've missed a trick with none of them having the logo on the front though (Old or Current)! I will have to see them in the flesh before I decide which way I'll swing as I was planning to buy one this season.

osh

Not the best shirts we've ever had, and to be honest, I expected something more striking in our 30th year ! Irrespective of what the style is, I do not lik the fact we have replaced the Devils logo and Devils writing on the front of the jersey. Caerdydd, Cardiff and the plain Devils writing on the red shirt look insipid. I am not a Devils shirt wearer, but I cannot see these selling as well as the club hope for, hope I'm wrong. I feel the club could have been more proactive by perhaps requesting fans to enter their own designs at the end of last season, and taking some ideas from those suggestions, at least the fans would feel more involved.

Devil94

The green one, which seems to be attracting the most negative comments, will hardly be worn at all anyway. Red for home, white away and black for home CC. Green on special occasions maybe once or twice a year or maybe for warm ups? Some people like them, some don't, was always going to be the way. I'm glad the club has tried something different for a year.

august04

pjj365 said:
Interesting responses

On here predominantly negative on Twiter predominantly positive

Oh well can't please all the people etc.
Devils Twitter was a very different story last night, overwhelmingly negative - but virtually all of those negative responses have now been removed!

What's wrong with the jerseys?? I personally love them and think they are the best I have seen!!
I love the fact there trying something different.

Like I have been saying for years some of the devils fans are the hardest to satisfy no matter what this club try and do.

They moan about almost everything it's embarrassing. :(

zoesdevil

Kipper said:
Having seen them close up I think they are great
Agreed Kip I really like these jerseys to be honest, retro style is great, people were moaning before about logo being too big, so they try something different & the club are getting absolutely slated for it, a bit of change never hurt anyone!! Roll on hockey nights again!!

Devil_Abroad

Change is often difficult - initially I don't like the green colour - I don't like the fact the line on that one doesn't cover the whole name - if there's no main sponsor then the logos needed to be bigger. However, I haven't seen them first hand nor in anger on the ice. So I will wait before making a decision to buy one. I waited all last year and the shirt didn't grow on me (no jokes about my weight please haha)

The 30 years on the shoulder seems a nice touch but is it visible enough up there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wannabe2

Rabbitohs4 said:
What's wrong with the jerseys?? I personally love them and think they are the best I have seen!!
I love the fact there trying something different.

Like I have been saying for years some of the devils fans are the hardest to satisfy no matter what this club try and do.

They moan about almost everything it's embarrassing. :(
You like them that's fine, some don't surely that's fine as well, shirt designs are always going to raise a debate, and peoples opinions, that's what a forum is about. Is disliking something really moaning ???, or trying to be constructive, or even passionate. Peoples likes differ hugely, that's why we drive different cars in different colours etc etc. 99.999 of Devils fans don't want to be negative but disliking a shirt isn't moaning, it's a opinion.

Johnnybravo1927

zoesdevil said:
Kipper said:
Having seen them close up I think they are great
Agreed Kip I really like these jerseys to be honest, retro style is great, people were moaning before about logo being too big, so they try something different & the club are getting absolutely slated for it, a bit of change never hurt anyone!! Roll on hockey nights again!!

+1. Fully agree. Dont understand the fuss

James

Administrator
Wannabe2 said:
You like them that's fine, some don't surely that's fine as well, shirt designs are always going to raise a debate, and peoples opinions, that's what a forum is about. Is disliking something really moaning ???, or trying to be constructive, or even passionate. Peoples likes differ hugely, that's why we drive different cars in different colours etc etc. 99.999 of Devils fans don't want to be negative but disliking a shirt isn't moaning, it's a opinion.
I was about to say the same thing. Disagreeing or stating a preference isn't moaning. It's giving an opinion. If I'm still saying I don't like them in a months time I'm moaning :D

RTfarty

I'm really surprised these designs were signed off. Maybe 1 jersey with the script writing (which could be better) would've worked, but as a set these are awful in my opinion.

Big disappointment for me. If your going to mark a 30th anniversary, what better way than by putting the original logo on the shirt.

The writing on the front looks a bit naff and cheap.

No title sponsor either ???? Come on Marketing Dept!