10/11 Rumours thread - Entirely truthful 10% of the time...

Rempel16

Robin Gomez to the Devils is being talked about on Steeltalk.

Finnerty's best mate apparently.

Anyone heard similar.

Decent player from what I remember. Although the stand out memory was beating Cornish twice, both by TKO, in the same game.

He also had a ban in America for a sucker punch during a melee on the ice (a real sucker punch, not a made up one a la Sheffield/Simmsy). I can't remember more details of this though.

If the Gomez rumour is true, that would be a replacement for Voth Surely? No space anywhere else.

eurohockey has Bruce Richardson to Panthers??? typo I presume.

Koop11

Robin Gomez would certainly toughen up our line up and there is apparently a link with Finnerty. Not the biggest points production for a winger but his toughness has seen him play at a very good level. Must admit he didn’t think much of him at his spell in Manchester when I saw him but that was only a several games.

If we’re talking 3rd line winger then I’d be more than happy. That said, if he is close with Finnerty it maybe that they’ll play together. Depending on whether Voth does return, that could mean Hill down to the 3rd line.

Whatever happens it looks like we will have some good depth again this season. Hopefully 3 lines capable of scoring and not backing down to anyone. Most importantly, we need to sign leaders and not party boys. Positive professional attitudes in what could be the essential ingredient for this team.

Finny

Koop11 said:
If we’re talking 3rd line winger then I’d be more than happy. That said, if he is close with Finnerty it maybe that they’ll play together. Depending on whether Voth does return, that could mean Hill down to the 3rd line.
Would we have Gomez and Voth on the same line though? I would have thought it would make sense to split them up. Even if it means that Voth and Hill both go to the third line with MacRae.
Crikey we are going to have one heck of a strong forward line if that is true!

ASHIPP

Finny said:
Koop11 said:
Would we have Gomez and Voth on the same line though? I would have thought it would make sense to split them up. Even if it means that Voth and Hill both go to the third line with MacRae.
Robin Gomez? :shock: :shock: And the Vother? :shock: :shock:

Anyone read about Gomez? Now he is tough! Blimey, I think I'd be too scared to go to any matches! :lol: And he is a friend of Ryan so who knows?

Mark Smith was Capitals' best defenceman last season - he would be a solid signing for the Devils.

Rempel16

Personally I don't think we'd have enough scoring power with both Voth and Gomez in the line-up. However, my fears over toughness would also be quashed!

Birbraer Macrae Pelle
Hill Finnerty Voth
Michel Brit Gomez

Matt Myers?

ASHIPP

Rempel16 said:
Personally I don't think we'd have enough scoring power with both Voth and Gomez in the line-up. However, my fears over toughness would also be quashed

Matt Myers?
Got the impression that our hopes were dashed with that rumour a while back because he wants to stay out in America to try again next season........or am I missing something major? I hope so! :cool:

Rempel16

Yes, he said in his recent article that he'd like to stay out there IF he can get a contract. However, although it's not all about money, he won't be over there for the cash thats for sure and money talks some times.

Finny said:
Koop11 said:
Do we know for sure that Voth will be back? Last we heard was that there were a few options open to him in hockey and outside of hockey. I would think that Gomez may have been approached as an alternative if Voth decided not to come back.
My preference would be for 7 forward imports and 4 import(including Adams) D. I am hoping we will get another brit to replace Towe, not sure who is still available though, Hewitt?, Myers?, Dalgleish?. think I would be happy to see Ben Davies getting a regular shift on the 3rd line.
There would also be the option of Adams playing himself as a forward should the situation require it with Symonds taking over as 5th defenceman. I am a bit concerned we could find ourselves a bit short of cover on D in the case of only 3 import D if injuries occurred.
Just my opinion of course.

Wannabe2

ASHIPP said:
Finny said:
Koop11 said:
Robin Gomez? :shock: :shock: And the Vother? :shock: :shock:

Anyone read about Gomez? Now he is tough! Blimey, I think I'd be too scared to go to any matches! :lol: And he is a friend of Ryan so who knows?

Mark Smith was Capitals' best defenceman last season - he would be a solid signing for the Devils.
Dion Darling beat the crap outa Gomez, not impressed myself.

Rempel16

In fairness, Darling did pile in and pretty much jump him. Gomez didn't get chance to even drop the gloves.

Three punches and the fight was over, with Gomez fuming that Darling had been cheap. Fun at the time though I must admit.

Gazza272

Wannabe2 said:
[q
Dion Darling beat the crap outa Gomez, not impressed myself.

Yet Gomez beat the crap out of Cornish twice in the same game. Any enforcer can have good days and bad days.

I mean look at Last year, Voth got owned in that first fight against Mcmorrow, yet when riled up he made Mcmorrow whinge like a little girl for the resto f the season when he sorted him out down here.