Search results

1. M

Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2024/25

I think this is the problem. He's just not shown enough dimensions to his game to be top 6. He gets too easily shut down.
  2. M

Two of clans main weaknesses were a poor Brit pack and a coach who was inexperienced in the British game. They seem to be resolving both of those issues.
  3. M

I suspect it was hoped that Waller would develop into that, but he seems to have stalled. Looking at Waller now, I think that harewood (although a few years behind) has more potential upside.
  4. M

Like I say, it wouldn't surprise me. A bit light weight and no end product. The fact that he's had a bad injury probably adds some concerns to. Big upgrade to clan's current Brit roster.
  5. M

Quite plausible, but I could easily see if going with the extra import in defence.
  6. M

That would still leave us with 6: Richardson, perlini, Davies, betteridge, bowns and harewood (who I'm convinced will step up this year).
  7. M

No, he played junior hockey for Guildford.
  8. M

A first line of perlini centering kuffner and halmo sounds very interesting. I could see him taking batch's Brit spot with us then having another import defenceman. Betteridge taking Waller's place and harewood coming in for duggan. If the rumours were true I'm not sure where we'd fit both...
  9. M

Duggan and batch would be obvious casualties, but also possibly Waller.
  10. M

That would be a massive upgrade to our Brit contingent.
  11. M

Signings/Departures Thread - All Teams 2024/25

I was shocked to see that he was their highest scoring defenceman for the season just ended, and with a +8. I think that the fact that he's been on a merry-go-round of teams, and that flames didn't want to keep him, says a lot.
  12. M

To be honest I find him incredibly over rated. For a supposedly high end defenceman, his positioning and defensive awareness is at times awful. Guildford are clearly looking to rebound from a disappointing season.
  13. M

OPINIONS: What do the Devils do?

And that returns to the crux of our defensive issues - the balance of our pairings and the lack of stay at home defence.
  14. M

Mike halmo sounds almost like an older, more experienced Riley brandt, but a bit bigger and with nhl experience. The dirty if guy we'd love. Kuffner also has nhl, ahl, echl and del experience. Is noted as a team player and leader. Macdonald looks too have lowish point production, but it's...
  15. M

Also, and correct me if I'm wrong, weren't the terms of his two way that he could only play when Bristol weren't playing? That would have meant he could only have come in for occasionally games, thus disrupting the team. From what I saw if him, he was ok, but not ready to take someone else's...
  16. M

Fine. We know the standard to aim for then. No excuses for poor recruitment.
  17. M

From what little I've seen of hardwood he's looked pretty much ready. His size means he could just be parked in from the the net a la Ian cooper. It's much easier to integrate young forwards rather than defence as mistakes don't tend to be as expensive.
  18. M

Bit of a difference between a 2nd placed teams and a 10th placed team, don't you think? From what I saw of him he seemed ok, but not the finished product.
  19. M

Has he shown any interest in coaching or done any of the certifications? Not every player is cut out to coach after playing, no matter how good, or highly respected, they are. He seems just too mild mannered for coaching.
  20. M

About bloody time. Fingers crossed that it means less games and the final before Xmas.