Search results

1. DevilDom

Lack of atmosphere

Is it just me or is the atmosphere at the IAW getting worse? It’s never been constantly good, but the last 4-5 games the atmosphere has been very flat. Last week we steam rolled 2 big rivals and for most of the game it was very flat. Tonight, and I appreciate we have already, qualified the...
  2. DevilDom

Play-off QF match ups

As it stands after last night: Devils v Clan Storm v Panthers Giants v Flames Flyers v Steelers Which is quite convenient for the 4 so called big boys and could potentially see semi-finals of Devils v Panthers and Giants v Steelers. However, only positions 1 and 2 are settled and although those...
  3. DevilDom

Patrick Asselin

Anyone know what’s the matter with him? Don’t recall him picking up an injury in a game and not even seen him at the rink for a while. The other injured guys tend to help out on the bench or be around the team, seems strange he isn’t.
  4. DevilDom

Mark Richardson’s Testimonial game

If ever a player deserved a big crowd for his testimonial game it’s Mark Richardson. 11 seasons with us with many of the early years (pre King, Kelman and Co.) very dark times for the club. He could easily have walked to bigger clubs and probably earned more money but stayed loyal to the Devils...
  5. DevilDom

Mark Louis

Anybody know what was up with Mark Louis at the weekend? Noticed he wasn't at the recent meal the deal had at Nando's too. Hope its nothing too serious. Think we need all our D men fit for the run of games we have coming up.
  6. DevilDom

Development of local players

Just wondered what people's thoughts were on this? In the past Devils have been great at developing local talent to Elite League level but then lost these top Brits to other teams prepared to pay them more or give them more ice time in the EPL. I'm thinking Myers, Philips, Lyle, Davies etc...
  7. DevilDom

Reasons to be Cheerful

Ok, its a bit cheesy but as there has been a lot of doom and gloom about recently I was thinking of reasons to be cheerful (it didn't take long) and there are quite a few! 1. We have won another trophy this season already. 2. It's a big IF but we may still win the league. 3. It's the final...
  8. DevilDom

The team need you

I'm as disappointed as the next man with the run of results we've had recently. It really sucks to lose. It sucks even more when you think you should win, but telll me something Devils Who thought we would be top of the league with 5 games to go and in the CC final again? I didn't. It's corny...
  9. DevilDom

Rotation of players

I know it's easy to be an armchair coach and wise in hindsight but does anyone else think Lord has missed a trick with the way he has rotated the spare import? In recent weeks it seems to have come down to simply a decision on whether to play Culligan or Hendrix on D - on the large ice pads...
  10. DevilDom

Fixture Schedule

Trying to understand why despite being ahead of most teams for fixtures played to date why Devils are 2 games into a an 8 game run in the space of 16 days? We looked a bit tired and lacklustre on Sunday after a tough away game on Saturday. God knows what state the team will be in when they...
  11. DevilDom

Season Predictions

Just a little fun so we can laugh at each other at the end of the season. Gardiner Conference - Clan Erhardt Conference - Giants Challenge Cup - Panthers League - Clan Play-offs - Devils League Placings: 1. Clan 2. Giants 3. Steelers 4. Devils 5. Panthers 6. Blaze 7. Caps 8. Stars 9...
  12. DevilDom

Most exciting EIHL season ever?

Fans of the Blaze and Stars will probably disagree but is this season shaping up to be the most exciting ever in the EIHL era? It certainly seems that way to me. We have 5 teams entering the new year all with a realistic chance of winning the overall league title and every one of the 10 teams...
  13. DevilDom

LeFebvre Gone?

Just tweeted: It's been a pleasure coaching here. Good luck to the players and staff the rest of the way. #noregrets
  14. DevilDom

Caps

After a promising start it seems the Caps have reverted back to normal - thrashed 10-2 last night after losing 9-4 last week. I'm really starting to think they should no longer be in this league if Scott Neil isn't going to invest a bit more in the team. Said it when we lost up there that it...
  15. DevilDom

Caps v Clan

Seems like it all kicked off in the 3rd period up there last night with 3 fights I believe and Grimaldi getting knocked unconscious by Fitzgerald? Not sure if true but heard that some of the Clan fans were cheering whilst he was out cold on the ice. Can anyone shine any more on the shenanigans...
  16. DevilDom

Change in Import Rules for EIHL & other assorted crap

So the rumour coming from yesterday's EIHL board meeting is that EU passport holders will no longer count towards import levels! Quite a major change if it goes through, and may also explain the lack of Brit re-signings and players dropping to the EPL. May also explain the Devils dabbling in...
  17. DevilDom

A bit of fun

If you could take 1 player from each team for next years roster who would you have? My selections would be: Blaze - Ginand Caps - Portwood Clan - Champagne Devils - Marsh Flyers - Fulton Giants - Keefe Panthers - KWall Stars - Rowlyk Steelers - Langlais Stingrays - Doucet
  18. DevilDom

CDRA questions answered

http://www.cardiffdevilsredarmy.co.uk/F ... b2014.html
  19. DevilDom

Any sign of the new D man?

BP stated they were trying to get a new D man in for this weekend's games. Has anyone heard anything or any idea who it may be? Tough ask playing 4 games in 6 days with only 4 fit D men.
  20. DevilDom

Greg Blais back?

Greg just posted on twitter "is back" could this mean with us? As much as I appreciate Greg for helping us out earlier in the season I really hope this isn't a long term solution. I'd rather we stuck with Myers and gave one of the juniors a chance on the bench if the money isn't available for a...