Signings/Departures Thread - All Teams 2024/25

Devils86

This is going to be heavy this off-season. An all-conquering Steelers side that will get broken up by Europe, the ECHL and retirees... Giants trying to get the old band back together like a hockey Blues Brothers; Storm trying to replace their second string after they retired at 25, and the Scottish sides recruiting to replace their talent who left to play 4th line hockey in the North of England - where their previous English language skills will be useless. What is the Finnish for 'He doesn't mean you, he just needs to appeal to his gammon-base'

Have Hope#35

This is going to be heavy this off-season. An all-conquering Steelers side that will get broken up by Europe, the ECHL and retirees... Giants trying to get the old band back together like a hockey Blues Brothers; Storm trying to replace their second string after they retired at 25, and the Scottish sides recruiting to replace their talent who left to play 4th line hockey in the North of England - where their previous English language skills will be useless. What is the Finnish for 'He doesn't mean you, he just needs to appeal to his gammon-base'
Smith confirmed on the ice after the final stating that most Steelers Players were already re-signed... Lining them up for the CHL Challenge perhaps.

BostonBart22

Smith confirmed on the ice after the final stating that most Steelers Players were already re-signed... Lining them up for the CHL Challenge perhaps.
Makes sense , got a good chance of winning it with a established group of players who know each other, when the devils were in Europe it was a case of signing newbies who never played for us , don't know the systems and before you know it the chl is over.

Have Hope#35

Makes sense , got a good chance of winning it with a established group of players who know each other, when the devils were in Europe it was a case of signing newbies who never played for us , don't know the systems and before you know it the chl is over.
I don't expect them to get anywhere near winning it but with the right draw they could get to the knockouts.

Finny

With the new format I think Sheffield have an excellent chance of getting through to the knockout stages.

Belfast were very average at the start of the season but only just missed out.
Assuming Sheffield keep their core of this team and don't get a freak draw you'd expect them to do better than Belfast.

fridaysfingers

Don’t really agree with this.
Year on year they kept a solid core and just tried to replace/upgrade about 4 or 5 players.

BostonBart22

If Sheffield bring back the 22 plus players and compete in chl getting to the quarter finals would be an achievement in itself and good luck to them..and could even do a twopeat grandslam if other teams don't improve.

AJ73

If Sheffield bring back the 22 plus players and compete in chl getting to the quarter finals would be an achievement in itself and good luck to them..and could even do a twopeat grandslam if other teams don't improve.
Never stand still in sport - there will be a few players they will want to upgrade on I would imagine.

rocketbob

I thought the Newcastle Vipers folded years ago !
Dennis, Neville and Oz on the first line ?
Yes, the Vipers folded but we do still have the Whitley Warriors. I am not sure about their final line-ups as I moved up from the 'Diff just after they folded. I think that line-up went off to play in Germany did they not? I have heard that they are livin a'right.

kingmo19.1

Yes, the Vipers folded but we do still have the Whitley Warriors. I am not sure about their final line-ups as I moved up from the 'Diff just after they folded. I think that line-up went off to play in Germany did they not? I have heard that they are livin a'right.
Ali Fraser doing a top job as head coach.

Devils86

Back to confirmed signings and departures... although its quiet of course. Plenty of this has been covered elsewhere in individual threads, but for completeness...

Only news thus far:
STARS | Dow extends his stay on Tayside for another two years: https://www.dundeestars.com/dow-pens-new-2-year-deal/

CLAN | Change of coaching team as Corey Neilson replaces Jason Morgan: https://clanihc.com/news-neilson-takes-the-reins-in-glasgow/
In addition Jeff Battah had previously decided he wasn't sticking around: https://clanihc.com/news-battah-opts-to-depart-clan/

PANTHERS | Another change of coach in Nottingham, as Jonathan Parades joined Les Ducs d'Angers on a three-year deal: https://www.panthers.co.uk/home/paredes-departs-panthers-for-job-in-europe
Prior to POFW the Panthers also confirmed the re-signing of fan favourite Otto Nieminen for the coming season: https://www.panthers.co.uk/home/nieminen-signs-new-deal-with-panthers

And finally, in

FLYERS | Fife confirmed that 'Major' Tom Coolen will continue into a second season. Hopefully he gets used to the travel schedule this time around: https://fifeflyers.co.uk/2024/04/15/coolen-era-continues/

Devils86

Also in addition to those above there are of course a handful of players who have been announced by their clubs as having previously signed long-term deals, see below for info from EP:

BLAZE | Their roster for 2024/25 starts with David Clements and Tyler Kirkup both signed-up for the season.

CLAN | Glasgow have 3 bodies contracted for this season, with Reece Kelly also having a new 2-year deal to see him through to 2025/26. Forward trio of Charlie Combs, Michael Pelech and Rob Lachowicz all have signed for 24/25.

FLAMES | Start strong with Eamon 'Rachel' McAdam in net for 24/25. He is joined by the speedy Ryan Tait, and captain/chief sh*thouser Brett Ferguson, who rumour has it can wake up in the morning and smell the coffee....in Brazil.

STEELERS | The Orange have Captain Rob Dowd on a contract until 25/26, and young NM Daniel Crowe on a deal for this season. Albeit its widely believed the rest of the roster (or most) have signed on - but yet to be announced.

STORM | Get the head-start this off-season with FIVE announced as having deals running into this season, or beyond. Matt Ginn has youngsters Alex Oldale (NM,19) and Connor Lee(F,16) both signed until 2025/26. They are also joined by forward pair Tyler Hinam and Loren Ulett as being in Altrincham for two more seasons. Stephen Johnson is signed up for 2024/25.

(I have probably missed some of the players listed as 2-way on EP who may have longer deals)