Rabbits

kettdevil1

Big game for the Rabbits on Friday night, after splitting the opening set of games in Jacksonville, they then were on the wrong end of a 7-4 scoreline in the first game in Greenville so, win tomorrow night and it's back to Jacksonville all square, lose and they have a mountain to climb

kettdevil1

So the season ends for Greenville with defeat against Jacksonville. Disappointing but it was a tough match up in a tough division. Will be interesting to see turnover of staff this summer as it’s been an up and down year for the team

kettdevil1

Quick update on the start of the season for the Rabbits and it's been a decent start for them with 3 wins in the first 4 games. They actually won their first three but then came a cropper against Atlanta in their last outing. Mark Louis has been doing Big Lou things, solid in defence and showing his toughness in a fight with Jacob Graves: https://x.com/atlgladiators/status/1719876095065878852?s=20

kettdevil1

15 games deep into the season and the Rabbits have been on a tear. 9 wins in their last 10, tied with Idaho for the best overall record in the ECHL and only 2 defeats all season. Clearly early days but Lordo is getting a tune out of a rather disparate group of players and they are playing with great discipline, a focus on puck possession in the offensive zone and a clinical edge.... remind you of any team?

kettdevil1

Quick update with 19 games down. No real change, the Rabbits have won 9 out of 10, 16 out of 19 and top the ECHL by a veritable country mile. I have caught a few games in the last few weeks and they are very much a Lordo team, unrelenting and when 'on it' very difficult indeed to get through. Mark Louis has not played in the last month but I am not sure why but elsewhere, as good a start as any coach could wish for.

kettdevil1

The news of Lordo being an All Star coach was pretty much the only high spot in December for the Rabbits. They lost as many games in the week before Christmas as they had in the previous three months of the season and although they have begun to spark into life in the last few games, they need a good January to regain momentum. Offensively they still look potent but defensively they have had a few games when they have been horrible and in a very un-Lord like team way, the tendency has been to concede goals in bunches. Still they start 2024 at the top of the standings and despite the recent blip, still look a class act.

kettdevil1

Well, it looks like Lordo's Christmas wishes came true with the Rabbits playing much better in January (although the caveat is that I haven't seen many of their last few games) They have only lost 2 out of the last 10 in regulation and are grinding out wins. Big Lou has been steady in the games I have seen and is contributing well, although there was not much Christmas cheer on show against the Ghost Pirates on the 23rd when he sat for 10 for incitement. Rabbits main problem now is that the Adirondack Thunder are on an absolute tear, 10 wins in a row and poised to overtake the Rabbits at the top.

kettdevil1

Something strange appears to be happening in the ECHL. It's almost as though a few teams are beginning to wake up and smell the playoffs. Perennial winners Florida as well as Jacksonville have been the two best teams I have seen recently and the South Carolina Stingrays are also on a hot streak. Both the Rabbits and Adirondack have had 'meh' months but are still holding onto the two top spots but the gap is closing. Lordo's men have just returned from a three game trip to Newfoundland that yielded just one point and desperately need to re-find some form as they head into back to back games this Friday and Saturday. Saturday, against Atlanta is Star Wars day, no idea what they have planned for it but hopefully the force is with the Rabbits as they try to hold on to top spot.

kettdevil1

He’s got them rolling again now. 6 points clear at the top, though 2nd has 3 games in hand.
They are well and truly rolling and have re-found the ability to edge close games.... Haven't seen much of them these last few weeks but caught some of the game against Savannah which featured a couple of fights and some 'approximate' officiating. Adirondack are in second but are a very streaky team, long term I would still rate Norfolk, Jacksonville and Florida as closer rivals.

kettdevil1

As we head towards the playoffs it's status quo at the top with teams matching each other rather than pushing ahead. I could the Rabbits penalty shot loss to Jacksonville and they looked a team playing very much inside themselves. Rabbits still lead the overall standings but could probably do with ramping things up a little given their current streak. Still no Big Lou, missing since Feb,

We are now into playoff season and after finishing top of their division and second overall in the conference, the Rabbits have had an up and down start to their match up against Orlando. They lost the first game 1-0 in OT despite dominating much of the game, before coming back with a 4-2 win in Game 2. Former Steeler Tanner Eberle got the GWG, whilst Sam Jardine picked up an assist.

Tbh I am a little concerned with how the Rabbits are playing at the moment, from looking invincible for a fair amount of the season, they limped into the post season and have not shone so far. The series goes to Orlando on Friday in what could be two massive games. A sweep or a shared pair and I would be confident the Rabbits will progress but if they have to come back from 3-1 and it could be curtains