Devils v Steelers - League - 20th Mar 24 - FO 1930

Diablo3

You lose your timeout for a failed coaches challenge don’t you?
Was that a rule change as it used to be a delay of game pen?
On another note, I heard these not sure if true
Their coach got a parking ticket
the cup had to be put back in its box
A hotel had been booked for the celebrations
The balloons and flags specially made back in the boxes.

Diablo3

No it is a 2min penalty, but the two times they asked for review it went thier way. The goal reviewed for the Sheffield no goal was a review by officials not coaches challenge
I thought the refs could only call a review for goalie interference, Fox waving his tablet under the noses of the stripes should be a coaches challenge.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #69
Great game, great night, great result, but how frustrating is it when you have a team that can play and can entertain, and can rip the best apart, but only do it now and again. When this team show what they are capable of then tonight we could have been playing to win the league, and that’s so frustrating. We played the runaway league champions tonight and made them to truly look very mediocre and very average, and we are well capable of that, 4-0 tonight flattered the Steelers, and they also lost every fight which was a great bonus. We need to play a physical game, and we need to play for each other, that’s when this team blossoms, I posted earlier that we will be there tonight to cheer, shout, and too support our team, so it’s now up to the team to show that same passion to us, and boy did they show it in bucket loads thanks guys and for showing us something that we all knew, and that’s when we play as a team, and show true passion and care we can be very very good. Tonight everyone played for each other, tonight no one could have lived with us we were that good,but we just don’t do it enough and that’s when the frustration comes in. If this team was very average then that’s one thing and there’s not a lot you can do with that, but when you see the same team being capable of ripping the opposition to shreds it’s a sour taste to accept. Anyway tonight is a night to cherish, it was a pure joy and thanks guys for sending those pretenders back on a long journey back home knowing they can not only be beaten, but they can be torn apart. HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS FOLKS.

BostonBart22

In that case AWESOME result and hopefully was a great game for anyone who was lucky enough to see it.

Out of interest...... Does anyone know if Sheffield now need to win 2 games to win the league or is it the one game against Guildford. I know the reason the could have won the league tonight if they beat us is because technically it would be a 4 point game. As in 2 points to those and stopping us getting 2 points against them. So just wondering what this means now....?

And well done lads, dug deep and pulled out the win. No doubt the support in the rink was epic. Bring on the Playoffs.
According to eihl website the earliest steelers can win title is Sunday..

E.D.S.

Poor old Greenfield. That fella is made of glass. I didn’t see a lot wrong with the second ruled out goal. He looked out of his crease, he knew he’d over committed and then seemed to make a meal of the contact to rule out the goal.
As for the first one, I’ve seen those given before as well but may be more understandable that it was cancelled out. At least we know how to get under his skin.

Sorry folks this is off topic! but I’m wondering if anyone of my fellow devils fans knows a man that owns a big blue Porsche or jaguar jeep or suv (private plate) big loud exhaust. I need to have a chat with and ask him why he chose to speed of from the toys r us lights last night and rev his engine about 20 yards from where me and my 8 year old son were crossing the road! My son was in tears.
Sorry again I’m just very angry

Diafol

I had reservations when I heard Jonathan Fearnley was doing it even though I think he does the best commentary in the league, but he was quite restrained, stuck to "colour commentary" only and was very fair and balanced I thought.
Well done to Gareth Huish for resisting the urge to gloat.
I'm not sure I could have :)

James

Administrator
The most annoying thing last night (other than the standard of officiating for such an important game) was the fact its just delaying the inevitable. steelers have been the most consistent team of the year without a doubt but they are also the most petulant and whiny team we've seen all season. They seemed to influence the refs quite a bit with their bitching and moaning when a non call on a non penalty suddenly would have us heading to the box after a sulk at the refs. At least it didn't affect the result as they were clearly second best all night. Bowns was understandably MoM on his second consecutive shut out, but most of their grade A chances they completely fluffed

Wannabe2

Thread starter #80
Last night our team were in another league, the true result was Steelers 0 Devils 6, the only award the Steelers won was the bitching award, Sqeelers by name Sqeelers by nature. Fox made a remark about Sqeelers werent on song tonight, well Mr Fox a team can only sing if their opponents let them sing, and we gagged you lot last night from start to finish, we were unplayable and our coaching was first class, if you let these pretenders play their game you are defo in trouble, but pressure them and knock them about and you can gain control. Talking about knocking people about, how awesome was Brandt again tonight I am convinced he was born in Ely, but moved to Canada at a young age, great pictures of him in the bin having levelled and peeled an Orange, the smiles on his face as 3,000 fans sang his praise was a sight to behold, he is worth the entry money alone he really does bleed red and is playing better and better each game. Please please Devils can we have more of the same please, our gaff was electric last night and was rocking, Cardiff love the hard nose game of hockey because it lifts everyone up, and last night everyone was lifted up by the best ticket in town.