Cardiff Devils v Dundee Stars - Sat 23 Dec 2017 - League - FO 7pm - Chat/Updates

Thread starter #1

Lets cheer on the DEVILS to TWO points
to set up a HAPPY CHRISTMAS

We will be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' and unique Match Night Live service for this game as always expect some name calling, slurs and more bad jokes, all this at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

With another bumper crowd expected at ICE ARENA WALES if cannot make to the game MNL is the place to be for play by play text coverage.

IceTime will be running a webcast for this game with all the details to be found @ http://www.icetime.tv :)

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com or text MNL on 07527 625206

solelace84

Stars confidence is certainly going to be sky high tonight, after giving Fife a leathering at home. No game is an easy game this season, so good luck to the devils - keep the W train rolling!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

Devils need to stay completely focussed and relentlessly work hard tonight. Stars are always motivated after a long trip down and will definitely have the extra momentum of last night's win.

Stars 2/4 on pp scoring last night. Fullerton played a blinder - a difficult goalie to beat on his day.

Hope Christmas comes early for the Devils and they get the result they want. Would be a great way to start their two days off.

Rob Batch

After last nights performance I imagine our guys to be 'in the zone'. There are no easy games these days but I expect the win. GO DEVILS !!

RedDevil17

The stars were crap. Good win nonetheless but that has to be the worst stars team I’ve seen. Decent performance tonight and good to see Rutkis ice. A real prospect

Well done the Devils on another win. A month ago the Panthers had the title wrapped up apparently, according to some on here. They're now on a six game losing streak. They're also a team with little pedigree when it comes to winning the league, but that doesn't mean they can't win it this season I suppose. A long way to go yet, but I'd be more concerned about Belfast on current form, considering they're on a long run of away games at the moment, and keep picking up points. A big double header coming up against a Blaze team showing some good form, but it looks like the Devils could be topping the table when the New Year starts.

Wannabe2

As my second favourite team, I hate to see Stars struggling, this team beat a very good fife team last night. Anyway our unbeaten run continues, getting towards the end of 2017, and we stand top of the league, you have to love that.

pjj365

People keep saying the league has improved, l don’t see that.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I do

At the moment the top 7 are pretty tight. With Scotland appearing to have imploded - Flyers being the honourable exception - it's looking like a 9 horse race for playoffs with slot no.8 looking to be between Blaze and Lightning

As to the league - too tight to call but there are still quite a few games to play

RedDevil17

People keep saying the league has improved, l don’t see that.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Majority have. Top 10 in terms of quality. Blaze have signed an ex DEL player, Steelers have signed a player with over 100 SHL games and we’ve signed a player with over 100 AHL and about 60 NHL games and you say the league hasn’t improved? Some teams haven’t and there’s a reason why Dundee and Edinburgh are where they are. Even Edinburgh have signed ex KHLers but it’s not working!! How can you say this league isn’t improving year on year with the exception of Dundee and Edinburgh?? It shows players from some top leagues want to come and play hockey over here.

Last edited:

ASHIPP

When a team barely has enough skaters to ice the minimum team requirements, and they have almost as many British players (some of them inexperienced) as imports, you know that's going to be a struggle. I was shocked to see how few players Dundee had - Levesque and Pacha played virtually every other shift.

Full respect for Dundee who kept going as professionals to the end. Even disputing that last Devils' goal as a professional team should.

Under those short-benched circumstances, the Devils were always going to be dominant. Great to see Murdy, Rutkis and Piggott get so much icetime. V important for confidence and fitness.

Two very important points for Devils. They deserve to have a bit of Christmas fun....then back to business Boxing Day.

Last edited:

august04

Stars were awful it has to be said. Another valuable 2 points though and pleased to see Rutkis and Piggott get some ice time and Louis get some minutes eventually back on D tonight. He must play in that role, a complete waste of a premium EIHL defenceman when he’s getting the odd shift as a forward on the 3rd/4th line. I’d like to see the Fournier-Louis D pairing reunited for the rest of the season. Reddick then as a forward preferably for me or you take Paris out of the line up. Louis is streets ahead of those two in terms of ability when utilised properly.
In terms of overall EIHL level compared to last year, we keep getting told by coaches/MD's that the league is 20% better than last year. I really don’t see that week in week out and I’m certainly not enjoying the hockey anywhere near as much this season. The 2 expansion teams have made it a deeper league but all the Scots teams bar Fife, are as bad or worse than last year in my opinion. I don’t think we’ve particularly improved and Sheffield are certainly nowhere near the team they were last year. Nottingham looked better but they’ve imploded of late and I think Coventry, Manchester have certainly improved on last year. Belfast look better and will be our main rivals I think given all the home games they have to come. The Scottish problem needs careful consideration next off season. They held all the cards and dictated the conference set up for this season and they’ve frankly been a joke for most of it. Should Dundee and Edinburgh really be in this league given the constraints they operate under compared with most other teams? For me, regretfully, I don’t think they should be unless they can demonstrate a significant improvement on and off the ice.

Last edited:

Hedd Wyn John

Well done the Devils on another win. A month ago the Panthers had the title wrapped up apparently, according to some on here. They're now on a six game losing streak. They're also a team with little pedigree when it comes to winning the league, but that doesn't mean they can't win it this season I suppose. A long way to go yet, but I'd be more concerned about Belfast on current form, considering they're on a long run of away games at the moment, and keep picking up points. A big double header coming up against a Blaze team showing some good form, but it looks like the Devils could be topping the table when the New Year starts.
Belfast are looking strong right now.

matbur

Very professional performance from the Devils tonight, they have most definitely found their groove and go into the new year as the team to beat.

I thought Dundee looked really tired towards the end. I must say one thing which seriously bugs me is the difference in the amount of players some teams carry. It should be a fixed amount, no more, no less. It's ridiculous seeing teams operate with low numbers and us rolling additional players.

2 G, 6 D, 12 F should be stipulated as the matchday requirement. It's unfair otherwise.