Bili Tygri Liberec v Devils - Sat 26th Aug 2017 / 3.30pm

anyone else going to be complaining to premier sports?. was it just me or did it seem daft to pull the goalie at two goals behind with 2 mins left? would have made more sense to limit the damage. When watching via the CHL website it says watch on youtube yet if you search on YouTube without linking through you can't find the games. Think the game on thurs will be interesting.

Diafol

You can't watch the games directly on YouTube.

You have to:
Select the game you want from the top of the CHL page.
Click Livestream then the small screen will appear.
Click the arrow in the top right of the screen.
The YouTube link will appear.
Click on that link then the game will open in YouTube.

Wannabe2

The camera work on this game is nothing short of garbage, like a load of ants skating around, the Director should be shot, Panthers coverage was on the button, ours was shocking.

Good job by the Devils, better result this time. Have to say Nottingham seem to be far better coached and structured at this point in the CHL, if it continues.........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

That line with shalla and perlini is going to cause havoc this season!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Panthers' result tonight is a credit to them. Awesome - their speed and energy will make them very very difficult to play against in domestic competition.

Put into perspective, tonight's success was partly down to that speed(Shalla has scored 4 goals in two games), their goalie Garnett who has a wealth of high level experience....and the coaching skill of Corey Neilson who has had several European tournaments as player or coach with the Panthers' organisation.

A brave effort from our Guys....certainly much stronger than against Davos. Joey Martin can be relied upon to set the bar when most needed. Pure class. But let's face it, Devils have had no European experience for a very, very long time. We are novices in this tournament against these unbelievable teams.

It will be a priveledge to watch the skill on show from these teams in the home games. Imagine Davos at the IAW! As exciting as hosting Zagreb last year.

This is a fantastic oppotunity for our team.....and a great learning experience for coach and players. Would be great to think the Devils could reach their target of one win in this round....but quite frankly I'm praying that they get through the games with minimal injury and fatigue issues....fully focused and prepared for the domestic campaign.

I rarely say anything negative here, but to me the Devils looked completely out of their depth in both games. Whereas the panthers looked pretty comfortable in both! I can't tell whether that was down to the opposition we were facing, and the players/game the opposition deployed against them/us.

Tonight, for the panthers, I think the opposition massively underestimated them and played their backup netty and rested some of their best players. I bet they're regretting that now [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ocko

The worst thing for us is that we still have to play our best opposition away, Panthers have played their hardest games now.

Russky

The Devils team that came out in the 2nd seemed that it was not the one that played in the first. Our 2nd period slump of a few seasons back came back today. 3 goals in 5 mins is not good defending at any level but overall we did play alot better than against Davos, who looked a class outfit.

The thing is personally I think panthers will be in the top 2 this year and at this moment look a lot better than devils..

We will fair alright but can't see us winning it again!

Mooney#16

I'm not sure I'd be heralding Panthers quite so highly in there management and recruitment as that. They have exactly the same amount of league titles as Devils in the EIHL era with far greater resource for that period until last season. Black, Moran and Neilson have ballsed it up far more than they have ever got it right and this year is still a story to be written. They should have been dominating this league with just a tea spoon of ambition and execution but they've constantly short changed on their fan base.

Taking nothing away though from Panthers as they deserve huge credit for leading the UK charge in Europe. I would give them way more props for their contribution than Steelers self obsessed ego ballooning. Probably illustrates the point that Coray can clearly coach well against European opposition so if he'd had enough about him he could be doing very well in mainland Europe but EIHL mediocrity seems to be his chosen level. The reasons for that I couldn't say though as it's his business.

KaneDevils

The Davos defeat was put into perspective a little by the Panthers result, losing 5_2 against the Swiss champions. Someone touched up on the play smart tactic, think Panthers have done just that. Our tactics perhaps a little ....... wrong!
Of course, Nottingham do have pre CHL experience, which always helps.

Rempel16

I'm not going to write us off on the back of CHL results.

I think we have a very good roster which more than matches Nottingham. Those games are going to be fun this year.