Bili Tygri Liberec v Devils - Sat 26th Aug 2017 / 3.30pm

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1

The second game for the Devils in the CHL is against HC Bili Tygri Liberec (Liberec White Tigers)
in the Czech Republic at the Tipsport Arena. Hopefully we are going to be running MNL for this one but it is also being shown on Premiere Sports

Al, Gaz and JD have done a very good CHL roundup which you can listen too here
https://soundcloud.com/user-507126377/cardiff-devils-champions-hockey-league-preview

There is also a great preview on the Devils Diary blog https://cardiffdevilsdiary.wordpres...liberec-v-devils-devils-face-second-chl-test/

Last edited:

Diafol

Bear in mind that Premier Sports aren't showing this game live - it's being shown delayed at 8pm.

HC Mountfield v Nottingham is on tomorrow afternoon instead.

Based on last night''s experience our game will be live on the CHL website and You Tube, but you'll need a VPN to watch it in the UK.

ASHIPP

Liberec look to have a roster of predominantly younger players - expect speed again. Despite one or two poor seasons over the past few years, they are usually amongst the top teams in this league. Well known home-grown players have included Radim Vrbata (Arizona Coyotes) and several other NHL level players such as Wayne Simmonds, Chris Stewart and Jiri Hudler. Another real challenge.

Last edited:

Rempel16

Liberec look to have a roster of predominantly younger players - expect speed again. Despite one or two poor seasons over the past few years, they are usually amongst the top teams in this league. Well known home-grown players have included Radim Vrbata (Arizona Coyotes) and several other NHL level players such as Wayne Simmonds, Chris Stewart and Jiri Hudler. Another real challenge.
In fairness, three of the players you've quoted (Vrbata, Simmonds and Stewart) only played for them during lockout seasons. Hudler has played one game whilst on loan in 2001/02.

They'll be a challenge for sure, with a roster boasting 657 NHL games, but depending on their line-up (they may player younger players and rest the stars) I don't see us being blown out 10-1 again.

Michel16

Bear in mind that Premier Sports aren't showing this game live - it's being shown delayed at 8pm.

HC Mountfield v Nottingham is on tomorrow afternoon instead.

Based on last night''s experience our game will be live on the CHL website and You Tube, but you'll need a VPN to watch it in the UK.
Mate what's a vpn? I'm interested in watching it.

Pondlife

Mate what's a vpn? I'm interested in watching it.
It stands for Virtual Private Network. It allows you to do all your browsing through a server that doesn't show that you are in the UK. This means when the CHL site checks your location, it allows you to view the content as if you were in a country that doesnt have a contracted distributor (Premier in UK).

Someone posted that the Opera browser contains this functionality and you can download a copy from here http://www.opera.com/download. Although I've not tried it myself. Alternatively you can find a free or paid for VPN service. I use IPVanish which I pay for but they do offer a full refund within seven days. That might give you enough time to watch the game before deciding it's not really suitable.

ASHIPP

In fairness, three of the players you've quoted (Vrbata, Simmonds and Stewart) only played for them during lockout seasons. Hudler has played one game whilst on loan in 2001/02.

They'll be a challenge for sure, with a roster boasting 657 NHL games, but depending on their line-up (they may player younger players and rest the stars) I don't see us being blown out 10-1 again.
It is true about the lockout year - several of the North American players may not have played for Liberec otherwise. However, the team still has at least 7 former NHL draft picks with extensive NHL/KHL experience, and many of the players have played for the Czech or Slovakian national team currently or up until recently. Their young goalie looks like the No1 for the Czech U19 team, the other goalie with AHL experience. A very good team indeed - and a great challenge for the Devils.

It stands for Virtual Private Network. It allows you to do all your browsing through a server that doesn't show that you are in the UK. This means when the CHL site checks your location, it allows you to view the content as if you were in a country that doesnt have a contracted distributor (Premier in UK).

Someone posted that the Opera browser contains this functionality and you can download a copy from here http://www.opera.com/download. Although I've not tried it myself. Alternatively you can find a free or paid for VPN service. I use IPVanish which I pay for but they do offer a full refund within seven days. That might give you enough time to watch the game before deciding it's not really suitable.
Opera has a free & unlimited VPN built into it, it works a treat for the CHL games. Only downside is there's no commentary on their YouTube broadcasts. There is a streaming site called cricfree which you can use to access Premier Sports, but the player is unreliable and you can expect a lot of pop-ups.

I'm probabley wrong here but isn't face off at 2:30?, It's just the CHL site has it down at 2:30. I know there is a time difference however I nearly missed an hour of last nights game due to the devils fixtures stating it as a 19:45 face off. I'm prob being a div and getting confused. Also the CHL website states that all games not shown live in this country will be streamed on the site. As premier are showing it at 8 does this not mean it's not being shown live and should be available on the CHL site?. Does anyone know of a decent proxy site to use on either the wii u or xbox one browsers to get to the CHL site? I can proxy to youtube on the xbox but the streams are through the CHL site and when you get there through a proxy the shedule won't load. I ended up paying for premier player HD for yesterdays game and watched through xbox one. For those not thought of using the browser on their console the quality was awesome. Sorry for the long probabley useless message. Despite last nights score I thought the guys played well.

Diafol

On my CHL app the Panthers game is listed to start at 17:00.

Premier Sports' live coverage of that game starts at 4.55pm according to the Sky TV Guide, therefore the app must be showing UK time.

That being the case, the app shows our game as a 14:30 face off so I'm hoping that's correct.
I'll be online from about 1pm just in case :p

Russky

The Devils game is NOT being shown live on Premier Sports. They are showing the Panthers game live. There is delayed 'as live' coverage of the Devils game at 8pm 4 hours AFTER it has finished in real time.

Last edited:

pjj365

On my CHL app the Panthers game is listed to start at 17:00.

Premier Sports' live coverage of that game starts at 4.55pm according to the Sky TV Guide, therefore the app must be showing UK time.

That being the case, the app shows our game as a 14:30 face off so I'm hoping that's correct.
I'll be online from about 1pm just in case :p
Devils we. Site shows Davos as 7:45 it was 6:45 UK
Today's game shown as 3:30 so assume 2:30 UK

I'll be on line then just to be sure

pjj365

There's a link on Twitter showing the game as live on Pemier (sorry can't manage to copy it)
Also Aaron Murphy tweeted that he will be live on Premier at 14:25

This is not reflected on the main Pemier site and my Virgin TV guide tells me channel is off air

Worth a try though

Diafol

Michel16 and chriso:

I'm currently using Iron Shield VPN which I downloaded from the Google Play store then sideloaded to my Fire TV box. It's working well so far.