CAFE PROFITS UP

Kal

Someone should let IAW know that the bottleneck on their food revenue isn't people bringing their own its the fact you can either watch Hockey or get food as it takes about the length of a game to get served.

Does this also mean they wont be allowing the Artisan Cook back either?

davew

The bag size issue is going to be fun too. Many women have large bags, I hope that "security" don't just pick on men with bags. I have always had a backpack with me, if for nothing more than to put my coat in when in the arena as the floors are stinking, as there has been very little effort put into keeping the concrete looking nice and new, a lack of sealant and regular polishing is already making the place look like the WNIR and BBT.

As for food and drink, cut down on the alcohol sales in the arena and have more tea coffee and soft drinks at reasonable prices and people may spend more money. As it is If you have a family the cost and time to get served make it more family friendly by bringing your own. Oh and on the subject of drinks - ALL drinks (alcohol and soft drinks as well as tea and coffee) should have secure lids to reduce the number of spills etc!!!

I'm sure some of the new measures are in response to events that happened in Manchester etc, but at least the club should have made people aware before tonight, for instance why weren't the new restrictions mentioned by Todd at the training session?

With regards to food the Yougov survey found 60% of people visiting UK sports venues chose to eat before or after attending venues.

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2013/12/19/stadium-food-bottom-league-sports-fans/

The pre build plans of the IAW seem to have taken into account all 3 phases of that development, which included restaurants, this probably accounts for the size of the cafe within the arena, part of that development also included a large car park.

As for security I'm surprised it's taken this long, particularly after the fighting that occurred during the boxing event. Guidelines venues now follow is here.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa.../619411/170614_crowded-places-guidance_v1.pdf

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

august04

I don't have a problem with the policy provided I can purchase food/drink in the arena in a timely fashion. Unfortunately the cafe is unfit for purpose for 3000 plus people on match night. I drive to matches so beer isn't an option but I can't even get a cup of coffee in IAW without queuing for ages. At the very least, just put hot drinks vending machines near the corner bars too, not rocket science as they can't be difficult to plumb in. It's an absolute potch - the management of IAW really need a kick up the backside or preferably changing to people who are a bit more business savvy. They are a complete joke, and not a funny one either.

Devil_Abroad

I have never understood why people spend well earned money on rubbish never mind the queues. Mind you they sell alcohol too so maybe their senses are already impaired lol

If people don't like the food, the queues, the prices, then either moan to IAW/Greenbank or don't buy it. We have a family meal at home before the game, just like the old days; granted in today's society this might seem weird.

The industry has moved forward, it is now possible to serve good quality food quickly in Arenas, but the main issue is that of traffic, the lack of. For the likes of high street providers, Costa, Pret etc the constant flow of clients emits this problem.

Milky

I have never understood why people spend well earned money on rubbish never mind the queues. Mind you they sell alcohol too so maybe their senses are already impaired lol

If people don't like the food, the queues, the prices, then either moan to IAW/Greenbank or don't buy it. We have a family meal at home before the game, just like the old days; granted in today's society this might seem weird.

This is the best post I've read in ages.

I can't believe some of the things I've read on Twitter and Facebook like people bringing family picnics, bags of toys for kids to play with etc.

You don't have to spend your money if you don't like what's being sold. Eat before or after.

The bag size issue is going to be fun too. Many women have large bags, I hope that "security" don't just pick on men with bags. I have always had a backpack with me, if for nothing more than to put my coat in when in the arena as the floors are stinking, as there has been very little effort put into keeping the concrete looking nice and new, a lack of sealant and regular polishing is already making the place look like the WNIR and BBT.

As for food and drink, cut down on the alcohol sales in the arena and have more tea coffee and soft drinks at reasonable prices and people may spend more money. As it is If you have a family the cost and time to get served make it more family friendly by bringing your own. Oh and on the subject of drinks - ALL drinks (alcohol and soft drinks as well as tea and coffee) should have secure lids to reduce the number of spills etc!!!

I'm sure some of the new measures are in response to events that happened in Manchester etc, but at least the club should have made people aware before tonight, for instance why weren't the new restrictions mentioned by Todd at the training session?
I'm a bit annoyed with this also. While I understand the need to check bags, I too use a small rucksack to carry my crap around with me. Couple of phones, wallet, two sets of keys, coat/hoodie and the like. From the comms sent out it seems that rucksacks will not be permitted but handbags will be although subject to a security check. Why can't they just check a rucksack also? I suppose I could just put it all in my Morrisons carrier bag after I have parked up and been shopping before the game....oh hang on!. I have never been refused admission to any Arena with a rucksack. Yes it has been searched.... but admission refused....never.

This smells much more about food and drink being brought in then anything to do with security IMHO.

pjj365

I'm a bit annoyed with this also. While I understand the need to check bags, I too use a small rucksack to carry my crap around with me. Couple of phones, wallet, two sets of keys, coat/hoodie and the like. From the comms sent out it seems that rucksacks will not be permitted but handbags will be although subject to a security check. Why can't they just check a rucksack also? I suppose I could just put it all in my Morrisons carrier bag after I have parked up and been shopping before the game....oh hang on!. I have never been refused admission to any Arena with a rucksack. Yes it has been searched.... but admission refused....never.

This smells much more about food and drink being brought in then anything to do with security IMHO.
Believe Sheffield and Nottingham banning rucksack this season Times change security needs change - sad but has to be

Ugh not allowed to bring my own drink? I don't cope well with caffeine - I'm up until 1:00am at least if I have a Pepsi at a game and I can't draw for the rest of the game because it makes my hands shake!

ASHIPP

Bag checks, security checks, restrictions on bringing in food happen at concert venues and sport arenas all around the UK. It's happening elsewhere in the Elite League this season.

It might just be a possibilty that this has been introduced in the interests of public safety.....rather than the cafe making more money, or deliberately making life difficult for fans.

It's a sign of the times we live in. Deal with it and plan ahead. # Remember Manchester.

Bag checks, security checks, restrictions on bringing in food happen at concert venues and sport arenas all around the UK. It's happening elsewhere in the Elite League this season.

It might just be a possibilty that this has been introduced in the interests of public safety.....rather than the cafe making more money, or deliberately making life difficult for fans.

It's a sign of the times we live in. Deal with it and plan ahead. # Remember Manchester.
It's a legal requirement as well.

How could they make more profit? They couldn't serve any more people in the period breaks than they do, to make more profit they need to be more organised not create chaos by having more people queuing for food and beverages. The potential customers have always been there, IAW just havent got their act together to maximise spend of potential customers, it's no wonder people have brought their food etc in, it is too much effort to try and spend your cash at their outlets, and the fact it has to be cash at the bar. IAW are not customer focused, their fault and not the customers