CAFE PROFITS UP

matbur

The people operating the IAW have zero interest in making attending Devils games a positive fan experience, catering or otherwise.

It's an absolute joke.

I don't understand why people don't grab something to eat just before the game like myself and be done with all the moaning..
Grab a drink in the rink to wash it all down and enjoy the game..

If not grab something afterwards when you go home.
If you can't go 3 hours without food u got no hope people :)

JOB DONE

pjj365

I don't understand why people don't grab something to eat just before the game like myself and be done with all the moaning..

If you can't go 3 hours without food u got no hope people :)

JOB DONE
Trouble is with getting a parking spot and then getting out it's a long time for kids.

I live in the Bay and have no kids to consider but arriving 90 mins before face off it can still be over 4.5 hours door to door. Not a problem and do not use the cafe.

For those who come from further afield I can really see the problem of limited offering and slow service to the extent I would want to bring my own food

If you can't go 3 hours without food u got no hope people [emoji4]

JOB DONE
That’s one way to view it. Although not one I’d agree with.
As a business though not offering at least basic concessions is ludicrous. I’m kinda in the industry, so l am privy to the margins involved. The profit margins are huge, anything from Nachos & Cheese in a cinema to hot food at coffee outlets. Rapid cooking equipment is a huge industry in North America, it’s been growing in the UK steadily for several decades. Pizza is the new fashion in the UK market, shortly there will be new equipment entering the UK, for example, a pizza display cabinet, designed for the sale of single slice pizzas, the clever bit is there designed to maintain the quality of the pizza over several hours. This allows pre cooking to reduce customer waiting time to seconds. A London football team has recently installed 65 rapid cook pizza ovens, 2 at each concession stand around the stadium. These units can cook a frozen pizza to the same standard as a real flame stone oven cooked pizza in less than 3 minutes or a fresh one in under a minute. This allows quality food to be served within minimal time and most importantly it has almost an 89% profit margin, which is actually one of the worst margins.
The IAW though has no money to buy the equipment which cost several thousands of pounds. It has no understanding of the industry. It has no appetite to improve. An outside business wouldn’t work in that environment. A franchise would be easily placed within the IAW, but wouldn’t work because of those factors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Leighton

Visited the storm shelter earlier this year and was staggered to find they have better food options than us....

if i owned the IAW I'd put a Papa Johns or equivalent in there and would take advantage of all the off-site sales (deliveries etc) as well as the public skaters and the thousands that attend match nights.

If they don't have the money or the desire then tell them to give me a call and i'll do it! (ps I know this wont happen)

If theres one thing I found out over the years us Devils fan love it's a good old moan.

If it's not the security stopping people walking around rink game time it's the queues outside the rink before games start.

Queues for food/drink.
Players not performing.
Management that sucked under regan.
Fans languages during games and a dozen more things lol...

If you start taking heroin, wait, hear me out, you won't really be that bothered about food and drink anymore. So you've saved yourself the cafe headache. And you won't be that down if we lose, cos you'll have loads of tasty heroin at home.

Eventually, you'll lose interest in Hockey all together and bish, bash, bosh - saved yourself a packet on not wanting a season ticket/jersey/away games.

Thank me later ;)

If you start taking heroin, wait, hear me out, you won't really be that bothered about food and drink anymore. So you've saved yourself the cafe headache. And you won't be that down if we lose, cos you'll have loads of tasty heroin at home.

Eventually, you'll lose interest in Hockey all together and bish, bash, bosh - saved yourself a packet on not wanting a season ticket/jersey/away games.

Thank me later ;)
Genius.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If IAW served up food like Bridgestone Arena I would be going there for a meal and watch the game on TV afterwards!
You haven't seen the prices yes. ;)

A "gourmet" burger, fries and a soft drink cost me $26 in Amalie Arena. I commented that I felt I had been robbed to which other people said "Welcome to Florida". :D

Johnnybravo1927

in all fairness I have found the security to far to be superb. My 6 year old daughter isn't a huge fan and has to sit through the games every week (she is starting to watch a bit now though) and she brings in a big with her tablet, headphones and a few little toys and security are always great with her when they check it and make the whole thing as swift and easy as possible. I understand the need for security and I think we have got it nailed on perfectly. Polite and efficient security. The food issue is a bit different. I can understand why IAW don't allow in food and no other venue does either (in amalie they wouldn't let me take in a sandwich I was currently eating) but the food options are poor and the ques are huge anyway. If they improved the food and the serving system then the place would make a fortune