Interview with big Patrick

august04

I was/am a big fan of Hendrikx but he's a Clan player now. There appears to be some ill feeling over the way he was let go, so I wouldn't be surprised if he went for Lord. If he does, I would expect Louis or Bordeleau to step in and try to take the fight. I'll welcome Hendrikx as much as anybody but once the game starts, that's it - he's the enemy, along with the rest of the Clan. Saying all that, he might not want to bother with the fisticuffs now that Bordeleau is here!

SteveKing

I have to say that I'm more excited for that home opener than almost any game in recent memory. There indeed has been some bad blood directed at our organisation from Mr. Hendrikx and I believe very unfairly. We should all take it as a compliment that he wanted to re-sign as badly as he did but sports doesn't work that way all the time.

We didn't win the league last year. We needed to upgrade. We feel that we've done that. I wish Hendo nothing but the best as he was one of my favourite people from the last two years and he knows that. But Sunday could end up being very interesting.

voth26 said:
To be honest as much as I like Heno and as much as he's a fan favorite. If he goes for Lord based on the fact he didn't get a new contract I would expect Louis, batch or Bordeleau to step up and take the fight. if Lord takes the fight then I would expect some to step up and no choice Hendo later in the game assuming the points are safe., he is after all now a clan player
+1

august04

Obviously the win is needed first and foremost but I'm looking forward to the possibility of some old time hockey in this one - a tad disappointed too that Rosehill isn't really in a position to take on some of the rough stuff either (not if he's got any sense anyway!).

I am big fan of Hendo but, as other people have said, he's not a Devil any more. It's great that he wanted to re-sign, but the team comes first and if Louis is a better player then I am glad that we made the move to bring him in.

I can see Hendo trying to make a point, missing big hits and giving away possession and even goals. If he plays an aggressive or dirty game, I'm sure someone will make him answer for it. I doubt it will be Batch, as I expect they're friends.

Louis on the other hand has no friendship or loyalty to Hendo, and wouldn't think twice about being the man to stick up for his coach. I'd expect that to be an interesting tussle.

If Big Pat is on the ice, Hendrikx would be best served just playing his game and not trying for retribution. I'd be interested to see what happens if he lays a Westgarth-esque check on Pat. I can't see Bordeleau just taking it and getting on with his shift...he's too mean for that - I see him dropping a whole world of hurt on Hendo in return.

I can't make the game, but have made it very clear at home that no plans are to be made at home for Sunday evening!! No way I'm missing this.

Finny

Hopefully all the new guys have been told not to try to beat Hendrikx on the outside, and that if you cut back inside he's toast.

voth26

SteveKing said:
Devil May Care said:
Hey Steve, how about a quick flight booked for Sunday? I'll pick you up at Heathrow!! :D
Don't mess with my emotions like that!
I'm sure we can find you a seat Steve, even if you turn up 5 mins before face off :lol: :lol:

What exactly has Hendrikx been saying about the club (and where)? I've had a scan on Twitter and can't see anything... But curious as to the content!

Sunday should be interesting - although personally I think with Rosehill's facial injury, it will be a quieter night than it otherwise could have been. Hendrikx was never particularly interested in having a go against people who were tougher than him, so I think he'll be fairly quiet with Bordy in the mix.

Looking forward to it! Hopefully a fast paced, hard hitting affair.

JC23

From what I'm told, there have been a few choice words thrown our way by Mr Hendrikx, via text to Coach Lord.

Bad blood indeed if what I've heard is true.

Lordo may well take the fight if offered, and I can personally see him winning against Hendo, again, like he did in North America.

ASHIPP

Lordo knows how important a win against Clan will be. Got to beat our rivals to reduce their chances for the title....so every game against them will count.

Finnerty is the sort of coach who will send his players out to target others (happened two seasons ago with Jesse Mychan). Lordo will tell our guys to use their hockey smarts....play skillful and tough and focus on the result they need. That's the best way to send any message.

Johnnybravo1927

JC23 said:
From what I'm told, there have been a few choice words thrown our way by Mr Hendrikx, via text to Coach Lord.

Lordo may well take the fight if offered, and I can personally see him winning against Hendo, again, like he did in North America.

Have to disagree here. Hendo has the heart of a lion and stood up to everyone when necessary. He had several bouts with Jannsen who was a genuine tough guy. Lord wont fight, he is coach and a vital player. He doesnt need to spend 5 minutes in the box so braehead can lose a slow defender who is going to struggle anyway with the pace of our players on big ice. Hendo will go down as 1 of my all time favourite players but we have improved on him and I hope he gets the round of applause he deserves from our fans for his efforts in the shirt

voth26

Johnnybravo1927 said:
JC23 said:

Have to disagree here. Hendo has the heart of a lion and stood up to everyone when necessary. He had several bouts with Jannsen who was a genuine tough guy. Lord wont fight, he is coach and a vital player. He doesnt need to spend 5 minutes in the box so braehead can lose a slow defender who is going to struggle anyway with the pace of our players on big ice. Hendo will go down as 1 of my all time favourite players but we have improved on him and I hope he gets the round of applause he deserves from our fans for his efforts in the shirt
I agree partly with your post. Hendo would have had a great welcome but he's kind of pissed on his bonfire if the rumours of him bad mouthing and creating bad blood with the Devils and Lord in particular are true!!.

Devil_Abroad

It's good to see players wanting to stay that badly. Whatever his issues they should stay between him and Lord. If he has spoken to others painting a bad picture of Lord or the organisation again that is between him and those involved. If everyone is fit Lord might be on the bench! Agree with others who've pointed out his reluctance to fight due to previous concussion; hopefully Hendrikx knows this after spending 2 years here and won;t take it out on the ice.

Hendrikx always seemed ready to jump in and defend his team but reluctant to start anything. Now that Bordeleau is here and Rosehill out of fighting contention for a few weeks unless we hit a player they deem in an unfair way then I can't see a fight happening.

But this is hockey, and there are 2 or more Canadians wearing hockey gear on the ice so you never know!

PS - Steve, always ready to give you a lift sir.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree with that, hendo has pissed on his chips and if you have to leave the Devils, do it with a bit of Class. If Steve King (who is a gracious, level headed individual) mentions that hendo has said some bad things against the club...thats enough for me!! He is now the enemy!!

Mooney#16

I'll gladly give Hendo a loud round of applause on Sunday in recognition of all his efforts for the Devils over the last two years. End of story really.

Koop11

Hendo was a proper Devils through and through. Did little wrong and stuck up for his team game in game out. I was disappointed when it was clear he wasn't returning. However, things have moved on. I look forward to watching him play, even if it i for the opposition.

Should he offer any of our boys out, I hope we oblige. Old school hockey.

Wow - I thought the I/view with Patrick must have been interesting if it's reached 4 pages already :)

But the last 3 are all about Hendo :) Doh! ... Patrick won't be happy :)

My take, I liked his spirit, always stepped up, defended his team-mates and on his day could be very good indeed. But time moves on, we're now in the IAW and it's a bigger pad, a faster game and decisions needed to be made.

If it's true that he's been having a go at Lordo via text then that doesn't go down well in my book. You wanted to re-sign, but was let-go - it's sport and these things happen, get over it. Be professional and prove what a loss you've been by playing out of your skin - not by being bitter about it!