Recent content by OJLloyd

1. O

Devils Vs MKL- Sun 16 Sept - CC

5-1, Pope. This could be a long, loooooong night for MK
  2. O

Devils Vs Panthers - Sat 15 Sept - League Opener

Hell of a way to start a season. If there were any newbies there tonight who didn’t get why we love hockey I’ll be surprised. I did think at the end of the second we were going to lose a game where we were the better team again, but a fantastic third period. Joey Martin is from another planet...
  3. O

SC Bern Vs Devils - Sat 8th Sept 2018 / 7:45 (CEST) - CHL

We were all very lucky to experience a great couple of days in Europe. The home fans were all very nice, and I think we left an impression on them from a fan point of view, but also how well our team played. If we play like we did last night we’ll do very well this year.
  4. O

SC Bern Vs Devils - Sat 8th Sept 2018 / 7:45 (CEST) - CHL

There are actually bears in the town. Sizeable units, but I’m guessing that one has a tongue like a hockey stick. Should be a good number of us there tomorrow, though apparently we are up in the gods. Will need to be loud.
  5. O

Red Bull Salzburg Vs Devils -Thu 6th Sept 2018 / 7:30pm (CEST) - CHL

I was at the game, so I’ve had to watch the highlights back. We conceded two soft goals, one where our D (which I believe were Louis and Fournier at the time) didn’t clear either the puck or the man from in front of the goal. That being said, Batchy does his job and clears a guy out in a way...
  6. O

Devils Vs Red Bull Salzburg -Thu 30th Aug 2018 / 7:30pm - CHL

I was concerned about the attendance after hearing rumours, but it was probably 2700 ish from what I could see. Noise was fantastic. We were poor across the board in the first. Imagine the flow was completely interrupted by a non-existent trip call in the first 12 seconds. First goal was good...
  7. O

Devils Vs Red Bull Salzburg -Thu 30th Aug 2018 / 7:30pm - CHL

Early games always suffer from the same issues - CHL in particular are weeknight games and still in the school holidays. People are away, or maybe thinking they’ll get back a bit late on the Thursday night. I guess there’s also the fact that we went down 10-1 in our first game last season, so...
  8. O

Devils Vs Blaze Pre-Season Spectacular 25th/26th Aug 2018

Until Parisi didn’t arrive/then promptly decided to up and leave when he did get here, Batch was never intended as a D Man this season. The idea that Reddick is going to be a spare is complete nonsense. He is highly rated by Lord who, respectfully, knows a lot more about hockey than the...
  9. O

Game Night Parking

As the rather cute frog said above - GDPR allows for use for legitimate reasons. I assume that there is adequate signage in Morrisons to warn you about parking? That’s the only other way around it really, though it is a hassle.
  10. O

EIHL Predictions ......

1. Devils 2. Panthers 3. Storm 4. Giants 5. Flyers 6. Steelers 7. Clan 8. Flames 9. Blaze 10. Stars 11. Lightning I think the Storm will cause a few upsets, a bit like last season, but ultimately fall off to Panthers. I can see it being either us or the Panthers...
  11. O

Goals conceded!!

Oh look, the knives are out for Reddick again. I think I watch a different game to some people sometimes.
  12. O

Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2018/19

A terrific coup for this club to sign someone like Parisi at his age, and considering the potential options he surely had open to him in North America and the rest of Europe. Gutted to see Strachan not returning, as he was an outstanding player in our league and someone I enjoyed watching every...
  13. O

Devils Vs Panthers - Sun 12th Aug - Aladdin Cup Final showdown!!

Won’t lose too much sleep over Pre-Season games. A couple of errors, and a seriously good Garnett, meant we didn’t look great at times. First period we were dominant (except for the first 38 seconds when they scored) but just couldn’t get the puck in to the net. There was some very nice...
  14. O

Cafe - Grazing Shed

They’re amazing burgers. You can’t expect much improved food to be the same price as the food you thought was substandard. I know we’re big fans of finding the negative angle to every development, but this is good news.
  15. O

Cafe - Grazing Shed

I love the Grazing Shed. I will of course now have to take up triathlons to work off the food I’m going to eat.