Recent content by OJLloyd

1. O

Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2022/23

21 year old Brit who will be, at best, third string (I don’t mean that in a bad sense, but more that he will be playing for Bristol). He can train with us and develop, and hopefully turn into a starter one day. Very young and plenty of time to improve. No complaints from me.
  2. O

Very pleased to have Louis back. As others have said, he looked very good last year, turning into a fine wine is Mr Louis. I’d hope we carry an extra D/have an alternative source of toughness. Last year at times he had to hold back because we were down to so few D men. And I’m sure knowing you...
  3. O

Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2022/23

How dare you equate the Bagginses with the Sackville-Bagginses. The SB’s are spoon thieves of the highest order.
  4. O

Love that Brandt is back. Not the biggest, but puts in those hits because of his very good balance. Also put up good numbers in college, so here’s hoping a full pre-season and a good environment (which probably wasn’t the case when he came in) means he puts up some good numbers for his role as...
  5. O

Signings Thread - All Teams 2022/23

Firstly - I’ve donated to Joey Raats gofundme. I’d encourage anyone who can to do so. And those who may not be able to, please share it. It’s an awful situation. On the Dixon news, I’m gutted but I understand it. He was going to be third line, which is something I’m sure he never saw himself as...
  6. O

Haddad

One of my favourite players in a Devils jersey. Fight, skill, and no shortage of goal scoring touch. Both he and his wife are lovely people. Good luck to him and Kirsten in their new lives.
  7. O

Quite a l Quite a lot of irony in your post there my friend. No need to read my post either if it so perturbs you. I’m not telling you to agree with me. Nothing wrong with comments, and nothing wrong with disagreeing with those comments. Or with not being a pessimist in May.
  8. O

The Inferno - finding ways to be upset about two of our best ever players returning (and in a 3 day week as well!) I can’t imagine any greater challenge than going to back to somewhere you are held in high esteem. There’s the motivation. Now let’s see if we get the output.
  9. O

.909 save percentage, with a 2.68 GAA last season in Slovakia, by the looks of it playing as a back up (25 games). His team made the playoffs, he played one game with a .939% and a 1.83 GAA, in which his team lost the series. Graz, including the injury, Bowns had a .904 save percentage with a...
  10. O

I loved watching him play last year. Speed, skill, a little bit of grit. I’m very pleased that he has decided to stick with us, given the understandable interest in him. Doubly pleased because I took a gamble and got a Coughler shirt late on, with the hope he’d be back. Can’t wait for the...
  11. O

Affiliation with bristol pitbulls

Well that reads as fantastic news. Close by, coaches who are very familiar with the Devils. Gives us options in injury scenarios and gives them the ability to attract high quality players. Plus, it’s a possible pop over the bridge to watch if the Devils are away/aren’t playing (though from...
  12. O

GB

Twice in games we could/should have won, we gave up leads and made a mess of it. No killer instinct tactically. As far as the league is concerned, I’ll leave my opinion that the league should be as good as it can be aside for one second. Quality is better than quantity. No use have 7 players...
  13. O

Dupont named head coach

This is an outstanding comment.
  14. O

Who would you replace

Conway was Belfast’s best at 60.8 %, with Doggett at 50.5% and Doggett at 50.6%. They also had Lake at 57.8%, but he half the number of face offs as Doggett. Cooper, Long, and Goodwin all had less than 50%, but faced a negligible number of draws. So I’d say a top team has face off guys...
  15. O

Who would you replace

Face offs were an issue, I feel, last season. Dixon was far and away our best face off man (at 60%), and with 36 points I would not complain at him coming back to centre the third line. Coughler did ok, at 51.1%, but I think this would be improved in a full season. Winning 15 more than he lost...